Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Greg Halford, Neil Danns, and Freddy Eastwood

These presumably young and fleet footed, only an ageing Hucks can keep up for now, whereas Deano pedestrian enough for our aging and/or pedestrian midfield/defence.  Young and promising is not a blend Worthy usually experiments with.  I agree these three would be step in right direction.  We should try to reduce the average of our squad, these sigings would do.  Are they available on frees?  

So, can any of you anoraks out there tell me what he average age of our squad is. Not as high as might be expected I guess and 26 would be an ideal figure imo.

God, some of you lot are whinging, propagandising, griping beggars, you really are.

i believe (just a gut thingy) that Halford will be arriving soon with or without Deano''s money, wonder how long before we coach any good things out of him though.

Unable to sign him even  if we had the money, he''s happy were he is and would only go to a Prem. team he would only go to better himself.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]So, can any of you anoraks out there tell me what he average age of our squad is. Not as high as might be expected I guess and 26 would be an ideal figure imo.[/quote]

Divide the sum of all the players ages  , by  the number of players  [ who are you calling an anorak ? ]

Given a total including   the extremes  [ 18yr olds and  33yr olds ] the average  age would be  25 !

Excluding the extremes , the average age would be  27

Averaging the ages of the players  who have contributed  meaningfully , and who play regularly in the first team ,  the  average would be ...... 27 .... !! 

Just a few comments  here ,  the , much praised  part-timer , Safri is only a year younger than Hucks !     so why is Hucks  being called  " aging " by the closet binners ?   oops , answered my  own question  there  !

The terms " age "  and " prem  player "    , as applied to footballers  , is , largely , meaningless !   Stanley Mathews  was still  weaving his way through  when he was in his forties ,  the big difference between the likes of him  and  far younger players, is  innate talent ! you either got it , or havent got it !!       Hucks has it ......     McKenzie  runs around like a blue arsed fly , hugely impressing   the gullible , but getting nowhere fast ! 

Most players, now described as  " championship   material "   could hold their own  in the prem  !   all depends on the set up of the prem team  ,  Wigan  ? [6]

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i believe (just a gut thingy) that Halford will be arriving soon with or without Deano''s money, wonder how long before we coach any good things out of him though.[/quote]

nope i think spurs are after him (i work with geriant williams wife)

Shed,

Let me love Hucks with you for a little while please, that''s right, just pass him over, don''t worry you''ll get him back...now

Huckerby, what is all this nonsense about age, the man is in his prime with at least three seasons of top pace in him and mor seasons at the top level if he can adjust as he slows. I would like to see him improve his stamina as he gets older, which is very possible - look at distance runners - and I would like to see him used a little more sparingly on occasions.

There, now you can have him back.