Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

I think we can now safely say

14 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Hughton managed to keep us up for a season, signing the wrong type of strikers for his second season was his biggest mistake.( Ironically, we signed three strikers who would have fitted a lot better in his system after he was sacked.)  Nonetheless, even when he was sacked, we were four points clear of relegation. 

True but that was only because Sunderland had so many games in hand at the point Hughton was sacked. If you factor in the points they got from their games in hand to an equal number of games played, we’d have been in the relegation zone at the point Hughton left (with a run in which he’d never have got more than a couple of points from).

Theres no way this season is as bad as when Hughton got us relegated. 

5 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Nutjobs and weirdos

I think you have posted this on the wrong forum surely ?

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fixed it for you Greavsy.

Yeah, I mean a forum poster posting on threads in...wait for it...forums!

And even then, your point is still wrong. But you continue trolling FF / secretly spend half your day pleasuring yourself to the Norwich Talk forum for some weird reason.

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, I mean a forum poster posting on threads in...wait for it...forums!

And even then, your point is still wrong. But you continue trolling FF / secretly spend half your day pleasuring yourself to the Norwich Talk forum for some weird reason.

Says the poster who spends who spends all day from about 8am until midnight on here or other social media sites. There was silly me thinking or should that be led to believe that you have a business empire to run during the week. As for Norwich Talk i think you will find it was the link posted by greavsy that brought FF's antics to the attention of everybody on here.

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Says the poster who spends who spends all day from about 8am until midnight on here or other social media sites. There was silly me thinking or should that be led to believe that you have a business empire to run during the week. As for Norwich Talk i think you will find it was the link posted by greavsy that brought FF's antics to the attention of everybody on here.

Do you want pictures of me sleeping or something? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Do you want pictures of me sleeping or something? 

Be careful for what you wish for before you know it your mate FF will want to see you in a gimp suit and mask with a gag ball in your mouth: that is the stuff he is into. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Be careful for what you wish for before you know it your mate FF will want to see you in a gimp suit and mask with a gag ball in your mouth: that is the stuff he is into. 

You seem to know quite a lot about both Frank and gimp suits. Anything you’d like to expand on?

19 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Me and a friend.

Oh dear me don't start talking about having a mate or FF will be back. 😥

Sadly we are down and everyone knows it ,but we all need stick together and we will tear it up next season and hopefully the board will show a bit more ambition otbc😄

I don't know it🙃

We will only be relegated once if it happens so there's nothing to be gained by giving up now and reliving it every weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know it🙃

We will only be relegated once if it happens so there's nothing to be gained by giving up now and reliving it every weekend.

Best to accept it now. 

14 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Best to accept it now. 

That's probably best for you. Then you can keep accepting it every week and if the rest of us get our little miracle you can try and scrabble back on board like a drowned rat....

image.jpeg.3d62de3ecd0c0a24b1b8a71a609636df.jpeg

Edited by nutty nigel

On 02/02/2020 at 12:51, HazzaJet said:

Hughton was the most boring manager we’ve had so far in my lifetime. I know he got us to 11th in his first season in charge but despite keeping Brighton up last season he still got the sack as the fans were fed up with his boring style of play. Although I do believe we are going to end this season with our worst ever premier league points tally Farke has had very little money to spend on players when Hughton had £7.5m to spend on players like Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Just look at what Farke has achieved when the strength of the squad on his arrival was rather poor.

I my opinion only call for Hughton as manager if you don’t follow the games live or watch highlights

Yeah anybody who doubts farke should remember the Houghton days.😭

On 01/02/2020 at 22:11, Budapest Canary said:

Hughton managed to keep us up for a season, signing the wrong type of strikers for his second season was his biggest mistake.( Ironically, we signed three strikers who would have fitted a lot better in his system after he was sacked.)  Nonetheless, even when he was sacked, we were four points clear of relegation. 

Budapest Canary I guess your Hungary for success lol.

All Delia's stays in the EPL have been painfully short because she has always failed to grasp certain fundamentals:

1. You cannot play expansive, attractive football in the EPL unless you have the quality players to make it work. Players of lesser quality make more mistakes and the higher quality opponent cashes in.

2. You need to build an EPL team from the back because trying to outscore higher quality opponents will never work.

3. Listening to numpty fans is a recipe for failure. Fans need to be bounced around if you want to stay in the EPL.

4. You cannot have any soft underbelly. Players need to be big, strong, fast and ruthless. 

5. Clean sheets will get more points than goals scored. Look at Sheff Utd.

6. A fixation with strikers rather than defenders is completely the wrong strategy.

I have to say Big Vince that No.6 is hardly a fixation if you remove Pukki from the equation these last two seasons.

14 hours ago, Big Vince said:

All Delia's stays in the EPL have been painfully short because she has always failed to grasp certain fundamentals:

1. You cannot play expansive, attractive football in the EPL unless you have the quality players to make it work. Players of lesser quality make more mistakes and the higher quality opponent cashes in.

2. You need to build an EPL team from the back because trying to outscore higher quality opponents will never work.

3. Listening to numpty fans is a recipe for failure. Fans need to be bounced around if you want to stay in the EPL.

4. You cannot have any soft underbelly. Players need to be big, strong, fast and ruthless. 

5. Clean sheets will get more points than goals scored. Look at Sheff Utd.

6. A fixation with strikers rather than defenders is completely the wrong strategy.

#1-5: I agree that in PL it's easier, and certainly less risky, to form your strategy from the basis of not getting scored on. That's why many teams do it. And because it's such a tried strategy, there is very little competitive advantage in pursuing it and hoping to outlast a vastly better financed team.

There is no certainty that Norwich would be successful. In fact I'm almost certain that if Norwich would've adopted that approach in the Champs, we wouldn't be upset about not beating Newcastle in PL. We'd be stuck mid-upper-mid table in Champs while disgusting fans grinding out those draws with 1-0 win sometimes.

In any case, the seeds of Norwich's success and consequent frustrations were sown when Farke was hired and we committed to his approach to football. That style was vindicated by Pukki's unexpected blow-out Champs season. Once a strategy is chosen, you sign players according to it, and that basically commits you to an approach for a couple of years. Teams that change course suddenly can be expected to spend astronomical sums and can still fail or attain pyrrhic victories (win games, lose fans).

#6: Which all brings to the options for solution. Do you try to out-score or out-defend the opposition that field players who cost more than the whole of Norwich team? The answer almost certainly is not "let's do something completely different". The fact is we're living off of the dividends of a plethora of signings in the past couple years with outstanding value for money. And that includes Daniel Farke. With him comes his approach.

Last summer Norwich did precisely what they told they would: Not spend much money. They probably would have spent more on defence if they had known about the coming injury catastrophe. But really, everything is a gamble with limited resources. They took an educated chance on a Champs winning team, which probably was the correct choice on their budget. It backfired brutally last fall. Then they were stuck waiting for January praying the players' recovery. Recover they did mostly and the defence has improved markedly after Zimmermann came back against Everton late November.

On 03/02/2020 at 23:45, nutty nigel said:

That's probably best for you. Then you can keep accepting it every week and if the rest of us get our little miracle you can try and scrabble back on board like a drowned rat....

image.jpeg.3d62de3ecd0c0a24b1b8a71a609636df.jpeg

Definitely living up to the first part of your username.