Sign in to follow this  
Jobsworth Canary

I think we can now safely say

2 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

That it was never ever this bad under Chris Hughton 

I never thought I would say I would long  for the glory days of Hughton but that is how far we have fallen 

Haha...brilliant.

I have never come closer to not renewing my season ticket than I was under Hughton. Miserable, negative, sleep-inducing football that paid far too much respect to the opposition every week. We are naive and we're not good enough for this level, but we'll flourish again next year. If you're pining for Hughton-style football, you're going to spend a long time pining.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

I never thought I would say I would long  for the glory days of Hughton but that is how far we have fallen 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Let's bring back Nigel Worthington.

28 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

I long for the days when I actually found anything you posted mildly amusing

We can take that as .............NEVER then 😄

The style of play under Hughton was more or less what 12-14 other teams in this league play every week this year. Difference is we had no pace or outstanding individuals to make things happen. We didn't have the right type of players to survive in this league that year and we don't this season either, the difference between now and then is that the league has gotten more competitive and harder to survive in. 

I've absolutely hated this season, I don''t understand how anyone can enjoy seeing this team beaten every week, usually in such cheap circumstances by some very poor footballing teams. But overall for me things are better for us now than they were towards the end of Hughtons reign. Difference is we will be very competitive next year without the gamble of a complete squad overhaul and hopefully Farke and Webber will have learned lessons for next time we're promoted and we'll attack this league in a less idealistic and one dimensional way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

That i was never ever this stupid under Chris Hughton 

I never thought I would say that I am this much of a Dullard but that is how far i have fallen. 

👍

• Haha 2

We used to have this standing joke when Hughton was in charge.

A supposed situation that we were 1-0 down with 15 minutes to go what should Hughton do?

Put on two attackers on and try to salvage a point?

The answer was take off your main goal threat and bring on another defender to make sure we don't let in another one!

47 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The style of play under Hughton was more or less what 12-14 other teams in this league play every week this year. Difference is we had no pace or outstanding individuals to make things happen. We didn't have the right type of players to survive in this league that year and we don't this season either, the difference between now and then is that the league has gotten more competitive and harder to survive in. 

I've absolutely hated this season, I don''t understand how anyone can enjoy seeing this team beaten every week, usually in such cheap circumstances by some very poor footballing teams. But overall for me things are better for us now than they were towards the end of Hughtons reign. Difference is we will be very competitive next year without the gamble of a complete squad overhaul and hopefully Farke and Webber will have learned lessons for next time we're promoted and we'll attack this league in a less idealistic and one dimensional way. 

We didn't lose today. 

Obviously never saw us away under Houghton... I stopped going as they raised the white flag coming out of the tunnel before we'd kicked a ball.

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

You are a sad and lonely man. Probably voted for Brexit too. Go find a log to hide under and leave everyone else alone. 

The Thought of Colin Calderwood in the stands with his Ipad and Houghton so scared of every team !

Never want to go back to that football 

having said that Next season  Farke has to play winning football not always  Nice football 

4 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

The football under Houghton was mega bad at least it's good under farke ,everyone's just frustrated today because we should have won and should have got more points this season but pukkis lost his mojo.😭

I’ve spoken at length with players that played in that Hughton team and they hated playing for the man. Not him as a person but his football

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I’ve spoken at length with players that played in that Hughton team and they hated playing for the man. Not him as a person but his football

I'm sure Ricky van wolfswinkel would have flourished more under any other Norwich manager.😄

Hughton managed to keep us up for a season, signing the wrong type of strikers for his second season was his biggest mistake.( Ironically, we signed three strikers who would have fitted a lot better in his system after he was sacked.)  Nonetheless, even when he was sacked, we were four points clear of relegation. 

Edited by Budapest Canary

6 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Rather surprised to see you posting on a forum full of nut jobs and weirdos FF.

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Rather surprised to see you posting on a forum full of nut jobs and weirdos FF.

I think a lot of posters would agree there are some nut jobs and weirdos on here, particularly the one that started this thread.

Hughton had the benefit of 2 seasons in the premier league under his belt and the finances that brought...at the beginning of that summer he had £25m-£30m to spend ...when that was still considered a lot ...which was spent on the likes of RVW, Hooper,Fer, Olsson, instead of progressing us as an estsblished premier lge side he took us backwards and made us unwatchable , certainly away from home.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think a lot of posters would agree there are some nut jobs and weirdos on here, particularly the one that started this thread.

Some may think that but would they run away to another forum and make not one but two posts slagging off this forum. What exactly does that achieve ?

• Like 1

And the one who keeps an archive of player's wives even through hes old enough to be their grandad😉

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

And the one who keeps an archive of player's wives even through hes old enough to be their grandad😉

Was it the use of the word weirdo that attracted you to post ?

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Some may think that but would they run away to another forum and make not one but two posts slagging off this forum. What exactly does that achieve ?

Run away ? 😁. I didn’t slag off this forum either, I slagged off the negative nut jobs like your mate. What exactly do his posts achieve ?

• Like 1

Glad you're back FF, forum hasn't been the same without your insightful wisdom and humourous posts. Welcome back to the nut jobs and weirdos