Ok, I like to be positive and I wanted Vrancic - who was absolutely brilliant last week - and Hernandez in the team today, but those two players given a combined 12 minutes to influence a game?  I just don't understand it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Ok, I like to be positive and I wanted Vrancic - who was absolutely brilliant last week - and Hernandez in the team today, but those two players given a combined 12 minutes to influence a game?  I just don't understand it.

About time someone brought attention to Farke's propensity to use his substitutes too late in a match! Great work.

• Haha 2

We all know farke dont like to use subs early. Keep moaning every week on here isnt going to change that. I'm sure he dont sit there reading a crappy forum

Love his philosophy but Farkes subs today were pathetic. I'd be fuming if I were Vrancic. Hardly inspires players motivation to do well on cup games knowing there's zero chance of starting a league game! 

The point is the 11 players originally on the point should do better. Subs are peripheral players. It’s not their responsibility to magically make us play better. 

• Thanks 1

Far too late subs again , does this man not have a watch or is too stubborn to change his pick of team . Must be it now with Liverpool next . 

I'm disappointed in Pukki tbh...chances to show he was the goalgetter, but failed to take em. I would've taken a gamble with Drmic on as a sub. I think Vrancic should've started too

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Pathetic post Lakey. He brought Buendia on in the 67th minute, but you totally fail to mention that because it doesn't fit your agenda. 

I was more annoyed with the fact Vrancic didn't get more time after his masterclass last week.  It actually beggars belief and if anyone was going to come on at 67 minutes, it should have been him.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I was more annoyed with the fact Vrancic didn't get more time after his masterclass last week.  It actually beggars belief and if anyone was going to come on at 67 minutes, it should have been him.

Oh purlease............................ If Vrancic had come on after 67 minutes you'd have been on here saying............................ 'how ridiculous to bring Buendia on so late, our most creative player, blah, blah, blah...........' 

18 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Far too late subs again , does this man not have a watch or is too stubborn to change his pick of team . Must be it now with Liverpool next . 

Was bringing Buendia on at 67 minutes too late Yellowhammer?? 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:
10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh purlease............................ If Vrancic had come on after 67 minutes you'd have been on here saying............................ 'how ridiculous to bring Buendia on so late, our most creative player, blah, blah, blah...........' 

Calm down, I would not have said that.  Vrancic deserved to be on the pitch from the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Calm down, I would not have said that.  Vrancic deserved to be on the pitch from the beginning.

In Your opinion - which you're entitled to - but failing to mention the Buendia substitution at all in your opening post detracts from your argument. 

Negativity doesn’t breed negativity when it’s you posting it then LDC? 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

LDC, I detect a small, but very significant, change in you attitide towards Mr D Farke who, up until now and according to you, could do no wrong.

This change of stance is probably because the penny has dropped that we are not now capable of finishing 4th.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Maybe, but we had so many chances to win the game regardless. The quality just isn't there.

We were dominating the game and creating chances. Todd started to tire and was immediately subbed. What is the problem here?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We were dominating the game and creating chances. Todd started to tire and was immediately subbed. What is the problem here?

Agreed. And at 0-0 when the game’s tight/you’re just on top then 2 or 3 early changes could do more bad than good.

If we were 2-0 down on 60 mins and not looking like we’ll ever get back into it, then it’s a different matter.

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The problem is we need wins not draws. I could have understood more if Farke had made just the one sub but two in the last few minutes makes zero sense to me- subs that late are best for time wasting and breaking up play, not influencing results.

Pukki has been misfiring for weeks, we've got a striker on the bench who just scored last weekend- where is the harm in giving Pukki a 20 minute rest and Drmic a chance to impress?

Keeps persisting with the defensive setup then not giving the decent attacking players enough time to change the game. Vrancic and Buendia should have come on at 60 minutes and would have won us the game.

Edited by Canary Wundaboy

1 minute ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Keeps persisting with the defensive setup then not giving the decent attacking players enough time to change the game. Vrancic and Buendia should have come on at 60 minutes and would have won us the game.

>”Vrancic and Buendia would have won us the game”

FCAB0DC8-3C0A-4CD6-B8EE-3D9D3BDB62E7.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

The problem is we need wins not draws. I could have understood more if Farke had made just the one sub but two in the last few minutes makes zero sense to me- subs that late are best for time wasting and breaking up play, not influencing results.

Pukki has been misfiring for weeks, we've got a striker on the bench who just scored last weekend- where is the harm in giving Pukki a 20 minute rest and Drmic a chance to impress?

Are you honestly suggesting you would have taken Pukki off after 70 minutes, when we are drawing 0-0 away from home in a game that increasingly looked like a single goal would win it?

I'm sure it's wonderful to suggest that in the hindsight of a 0-0 draw but I would personally have gone absolutely insane had that have been the case.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Pathetic post Lakey. He brought Buendia on in the 67th minute, but you totally fail to mention that because it doesn't fit your agenda. 

Hardly been making a 67th minute sub this season has he?

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Lol, you guys are absolutely hilarious.

We had 19 shots today; creating chances was not the issue.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hardly been making a 67th minute sub this season has he?

I don’t know, you’ll have to consult the Farke substitute spreadsheet for exact timings 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Are you honestly suggesting you would have taken Pukki off after 70 minutes, when we are drawing 0-0 away from home in a game that increasingly looked like a single goal would win it?

I'm sure it's wonderful to suggest that in the hindsight of a 0-0 draw but I would personally have gone absolutely insane had that have been the case.

Why would you have gone insane? Hes not scored from open play in a fair while, he was missing good chances today, why not give someone else a try?

Edited by king canary