Sign in to follow this  
Snake Pit

Barclay Boys

Is there any chance of you boys occasionally combining on the same chants, rather than being different "factions" in direct competition with each other?

Wouldnt it be great though if the river end,  the upper barclay and the river end side of the city stand actualklly sung. Its only the barclay, snake pit, and the barclay end of the city and  jarrtold stands that sing.

[quote user="Snake Pit"]Any chance of some noise out of you this week please :).Back''s starting to ache carrying you every week.
[/quote]

You what,

You what

you what, you what, you what!

Im an old barclay boy who mainly unfortunately sits in the Jarrold stand now - circumstances beyond my control. Also travel away a fair bit. However. I did venture into the Barclay for the Hammers game and was astonished at how quiet it was. Maybe when we make so muich noise away its full of us Jarrolds boys :)

The noise at Norwich really lifts when the Jarrold sings. I have said before that the club killed the Barclay with the design of the stand. They then compounded it with a high tier of away support. As a former Barclay Boy I feel the current inhabitants do their best but they are a mixed crowd now, in a shallow stand. Some of the chants are imaginative and very good but it is hard to get the volume levels of yore. Some clubs seated their main ends and killed the atmosphere (Arsenal) others kept theirs (Liverpool) so what is the secret apart from the team giving us something to cheer about.