Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Ipswich v Peterborough

2 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

21000 really lol.

Yep! Doubt there will be that many for their next home game... they're only a couple of defeats away from being out of the playoffs altogether, and six of their next nine games are against teams in the top half. They could be mid-table within a month.

• Thanks 1

They were 6 points clear a couple of months ago unbelievable ,when we were in that league I was shocked at how bad the standard was so I thought they would **** it😄

14 hours ago, kick it off said:

I don’t understand this. It think it must be photoshopped KIO? I’d heard the good times were back at Portaloo and that Scumbert has given them their club back?. 

They have their very own Holty who bangs goals in for fun and is jolly funny on Twitter? He must be up to 25 goals by now? 

They are the team everyone aspires to be , with a glorious history ? When teams play at the “rocking” Portaloo,   it’s like their very own cup final ? 

Mucus said before Christmas that it showed “how far they had come” because their fan’s expected to win every game ? To be fair he could have swapped “come” with “fallen”

surely there Is some mistake ? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

t’s like their very own cup final ?

Someone on twtd actually said that last night 😁

• Haha 1

One Binner I know who’s one of our suppliers said a couple weeks ago, that they haven’t beaten anyone in the top 8 yet this season, I’m not going to look through their results but if that’s right just shows how poor they really are.

6 wins in the last 25 games, 17th in the form table. When they’ve played teams in the top 8 I think it’s a couple of draws and they’ve lost the rest. Sunderland away next 😁

If Ipswich fans are pissed off how must the Sunderland lot feel over the last few years

If the binners fail to go up this year and totally fall apart next season we could see Scumbert pitting his wits against Culverhouse in the new East Anglian Derby.

If that happens really feel King Lynn should move the game to Carrow Road lol

They thought they'd destroy League One but 6 wins in 25 is shocking. This time 10 years ago in our League One season under their current messiah, we were on a 16 game unbeaten run and winning 14 of them. Miles more than their 48 points too. There was a point where I thought they were going to steamroll it but now there's not much between them and midtable. It's great to see 😂

As it stands after a quick bit of fag packet maths, I believe that from this point on they would have to win 16 out of their last 17 matches to finish league 1 on more points than we did 10 years ago. I forgot how comprehensively we smashed that league in the end! 

They are not giving Evans massive grief because they know they absolutely cannot p**s him off. A concerted campaign of ‘Marcus Out’ and some associated prolonged unpleasantness could result in the ticket tout concluding it really isn’t worth it. As soon as he has ‘asset stripped’ everything he can, he’d then sell them down the Swanee. In the absence of some rich Saudi with a ‘bin smell’ fetish I cannot see anyone being willing to bail them out from that.

Edited by Beetley Yellow

26 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

They are not giving Evans massive grief because they know they absolutely cannot p**s him off. A concerted campaign of ‘Marcus Out’ and some associated prolonged unpleasantness could result in the ticket tout concluding it really isn’t worth it. As soon as he has ‘asset stripped’ everything he can, he’d then sell them down the Swanee. In the absence of some rich Saudi with a ‘bin smell’ fetish I cannot see anyone being willing to bail them out from that.

They don't have much in the way of assets. Portman Road is almost a liability because they don't own it but have to pay rent and repair it. Evans already owns the training ground. Their fans think Wolfenden and Downes are worth money but no one else does. They are well and truly absolutely ****ed 😂

• Like 1

The point has been reached where ITFC are now clinically 'dysfunctional'. 

The owner is semi-detached - prepared to invest some of his time, but only the bare essential amount of money. However you read the situation, he doesn't have an emotional involvement. If not that, then why is he there?

The Chief Executive (Lee O'Neill) is an ex-High School teacher from near Stowmarket. Due credit for that, but is he really the man to be fighting their corner at the sharp end of all their negotiations in the dog-eat-dog world of football?  Of course not.

Their scouting, as far as I can make out, is low grade. If you are Ipswich Town it shouldn't be difficult to recruit outstanding League One players, should it?

Finally, the manager. We all know Lambert is a forceful character, no doubt the most powerful presence about the place. Probably he has fought his political battles within the club, and his recent 5-year contract tells us who emerged triumphant. But they need an outstanding operator on the touchline and on the training pitch, not just in the Boardroom. Having won his battles, I see signs that he now has contempt for the core of the club, including its fans. It could turn messy.

We cannot afford to gloat, as what has befallen Ipswich could happen to most clubs, us included. But 10 minutes out of Newcastle last night, with a boring six hour journey ahead, it didn't half make me feel better 🙂

The City players now have a break until Friday. They can re-charge and we can do the same. Its fair to say we all need it.