Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread - Newcastle

19 minutes ago, kick it off said:

We've won 4 all season, and that was with a bang in form Pukki. Quite why anyone thinks we can win 8 of the last 13 or whatever with a misfiring Pukki is utterly beyond me. .

I don’t think anyone really does? Not really . Not if they have any clue about football , or  they just want to be contrary because their only purpose in life is to start nonsense threads and count the replies. We have been down for weeks . 7 pts adrift and a terrible GD? 

I don’t  agree about the Chumps though. I’d rather be in the prem. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

3 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can we all admit we are going down now with Liverpool  next that must be it .

People wrote us off before the Man City game. It can be won, just like any other game.

• Like 1

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I don’t think anyone really does? Not really . Not if they have any clue about football , or  just want to be contrary because their only purpose in life is to start nonsense threads and count the replies. We have been down for weeks . 7 pts and a terrible GD? 

I don’t  agree about the Chumps though. I’d rather be in the prem. 

I'd rather be the big fish in the small pond. Competing in the Champs or participating in the Prem is the choice really. If we want to stay up and not spend any money then we'll end up doing a Burnley. I don't want to watch that **** every week. I remember the Hughton era and that was soul-destroying enough.

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

But he offers nothing!!!!

Right on. The number of goal assists in our chumps side!!! 

Jake Humphrey just sent tweet reminding us weve only lost 2 in last 8. Given they were Man U and Tottenham our recent form is pretty good.

Thats probably the most frustrating thing we are so close to making a go of things. Just a couple of fluke goals in a couple of games and we’d be in such a better position

Edited by rock bus

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

I'd rather be the big fish in the small pond. Competing in the Champs or participating in the Prem is the choice really. If we want to stay up and not spend any money then we'll end up doing a Burnley. I don't want to watch that **** every week. I remember the Hughton era and that was soul-destroying enough.

I remember Hamilton. And Roeder. And Grant . We’ve had some shockers KIO . 

Games like this are not the reason for our predicament.

Watford, Sheffield United, Wolves, Palace at home, and Villa away are the games that have done it. Add 6 points from that lot and we're right in it. These games we're damaging both in terms of result and confidence. Both from a player and fan perspective. I feel confidence is starting to return though, but probably too slowly and sadly, too late. 

• Like 1

Wish all on here would not continue to say we are down or say Farke out or question the use of subs.  Don’t they realise they will be called Binners by the Usual Suspects 

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I remember Hamilton. And Roeder. And Grant . We’ve had some shockers KIO . 

Aye but Farke in the Champs is a different prospect to those.

Also worth noting how weak the league will be next year with WBA and Leeds likely to go up (unless they bottle it as usual).

Wet Spam will be f**ked financially, they literally said they cannot afford to go down in their annual accounts (they were sitting pretty in the top 6 at the time so probably seemed to be impossible to implode like they have)

7 minutes ago, crab man said:

still got to play west ham, burnley, brighton, southampton at home.. don't write us off yet. 

Even if we win all four it still only takes us to 30 points. Today was a must win match as somewhere away from home we need wins.

1 minute ago, daly said:

Wish all on here would not continue to say we are down or say Farke out or question the use of subs.  Don’t they realise they will be called Binners by the Usual Suspects 

Haven't seen the "Usual Suspects" around for a while.

I thought they'd been taken over by the "Silent Majority"...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Haven't seen the "Usual Suspects" around for a while.

I thought they'd been taken over by the "Silent Majority"...

They'll never be admitted to the Inner Circle😉

5 minutes ago, JF said:

Even if we win all four it still only takes us to 30 points. Today was a must win match as somewhere away from home we need wins.

Wolves, Sheffield and Watford are all winnable. Not saying we'll grab nine points, but six is certainly possible. We're playing good football right now. Again, not saying we're as good as up, but I don't believe this team is going to quit fighting.

5 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

How did we not win that.

Difficult to see where a better chance of 3 points is going to come from

Newcastle are top 10 in the league and we were away. We have 6 games remaining from bottom 10 clubs. I'd say those better opportunities, no?

Edited by BaltimoreBird

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

How did we not win that.

Difficult to see where a better chance of 3 points is going to come from

If we can win the big six pointers at home, we'll pick up a couple of surprise results as the season draws to a conclusion with teams having little to play for. 

If Burnley and Southampton can get themselves all but safe by the time we play them, that should help. 

1 minute ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Wolves, Sheffield and Watford are all winnable. Not saying we'll grab nine points, but six is certainly possible. We're playing good football right now. Again, not saying we're as good as up, but I don't believe this team is going to quit fighting.

As LDC continues to say, all games are winnable! The longer it goes on though and opportunity’s like today get wasted the less the chances are. We need 6 wins and a couple of draws to get to 38 points. I can’t see where they are coming from but there is a chance I guess, it’s just very small and getting smaller by the week 

5 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

We play good football but we don't take our chances. Other teams generally do it seems even if they only get 1 or two against us. Result relegation.

We need to rest Pukki - he's not in any goalscoring form (tough but true) or has been 'worked out' - and be generally more ruthless from midfield in attack - Not always try to walk or over-pass the ball into the net. 

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are we all waving the white flag?

Are we  d/f🦆

No white flag here,  the board waved that last summer. 

Just waving the Union Flag at mo. 

Oh Christ here we go. Happy clappers . Delia Outers. Whatabouters. St Andrews Hall. Usual whatevers. Inner thingmyjigs.

B0LL0X to everything . What a sh11tty day. 

thank god the Binners lost 

good evening all. See you at the Liverpool game . 

GPB. 

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

We play good football but we don't take our chances. Other teams generally do it see seven if they only get 1 or two against us. Result relegation.

We need to rest Pukki - he's not in any goalscoring form (tough but true) or has been 'worked out' - and be generally more ruthless from midfield in attack - Not always try to walk or over-pass the ball into the net. 

I don’t think he’s been ‘worked out’ as he continues to get chances, he’s just not taking them 

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I don’t think he’s been ‘worked out’ as he continues to get chances, he’s just not taking them 

What I mean is goalies know what he's going to do with a 1 on 1. He also had that opportunity to strike when their goalie was stranded - but obviously lacked the confidence to attempt it. He needs a rest.

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Attention everyone

Teemu Pukki is injured and that’s why he’s not as sharp

Then start somebody else!

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Attention everyone

Teemu Pukki is injured and that’s why he’s not as sharp

So why wasn't he substituted then?

The real reason is that like most strikers he's going through a sticky patch and the chances he was putting away for fun are no longer going in.

Think it's called pressure

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

What I mean is goalies know what he's going to do with a 1 on 1. He also had that opportunity to strike when their goalie was stranded - but obviously lacked the confidence to attempt it. He needs a rest.

Is he going through a sticky patch? He had that 8 game goalless run but has scored 5 in his last 11.

The problem is that last season he was in ridiculous form - everything he touched turned to gold. That was never going to last. 5 in 11, 11 in 24. You’d take that every time in the prem (especially for a bottom half side).