Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Loan players (out)

Someone posted on another board that we have 19 players out on loan and in the last year (maybe season) it’s made us £2.4m in loan fees.

so it appears that maybe as well as the club we are on our way to having a self funding academy even without the big sales further down the line!

quite interesting. Not many in that lot I think could feature next season although perhaps Gilmour (hard to work out how his loan spell has gone - not much online about it) and maybe Jayseyimi could be pushing 

By that lot do you mean the loanees or the academy? I still harbour a hope that Louis will stay fit and live up to at least some of the potential he showed...

31 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Someone posted on another board that we have 19 players out on loan and in the last year (maybe season) it’s made us £2.4m in loan fees.

so it appears that maybe as well as the club we are on our way to having a self funding academy even without the big sales further down the line!

quite interesting. Not many in that lot I think could feature next season although perhaps Gilmour (hard to work out how his loan spell has gone - not much online about it) and maybe Jayseyimi could be pushing 

Famewo or Bushiri will be in the squad the squad next season, I think Oxborough is making a big impression too

34 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Gilmour has started virtually all games. Telstar are pushing for a top 8 place.

14 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Gilmour has started virtually all games. Telstar are pushing for a top 8 place.

And only once has been substituted, I noticed. No goals but a few bookings, though!

19 players - can't help thinking a stronger reserve team competition would be better.  I accept that the players get experience of new training methods and different styles of play but surely being schooled within our own structure makes more sense.  Also the £2.4 million covers cost of our loans in rather than costs of academy in a self funding club - all part of one transfer and salary pot.

Well anyway it’s a decent source of extra income.

i think getting different and in most cases a more “physical” experience is good for these players. We source technically good players, that’s not in question. It’s the physicality and perhaps in some cases confidence and work ethic that i think these loans are aiming to create. Playing week in week out against more wiley old pros.

by “that lot” I meant the group currently out on loan. Interesting we’ve sent Thorvaldson to League 1 even though he’s 18. We must rate him. 

Some players respond better to home environments (Aarons, Lewis) and some need to be taken out of their comfort zones (Godfrey, Cantwell) to make progress.

Personally I'm of the belief that there's no substitute for getting players real games against real players.

Gilmour notched some Europa League appearances before he came to us and was rated very, very highly by Arsenal. I'd expect him to be a part of the senior side if we're in the Championship.

The two at MK Don's were their best two players last week, according to their Manager (Carlton Morris and Louis Thompson). Some shrewd work there by Russ Martin, who is turning them around and appears to be well liked by their fans.

42 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And only once has been substituted, I noticed. No goals but a few bookings, though!

The new Tettey!

• Haha 1