Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Who the hell is malky Mackay?

Isn''t this a player we embraced, supported, saw win a Championship medal, put on a pedestal and sang songs about who didn''t like the fact he couldn''t walk straight into a Premiership team, spat his dummy out, left out of  his own interest as he didn''t want to fight for a place leaving us one centre half short and with two short centre halfs.

So, we plan to give him a returning hero''s welcome do we? Why? Polite round of applause I say and nothing more plus the PA playing ''you left me just when I needed you most.''

It would be a mistake to give him some kind of hero''s welcome.This could give him the inspiration to put in a match winning performance. The last thing we want or need.

I will give Malky a very warm welcome but agree with your views  - Malky was less pushed out but left when he no longer had an automatic first team place - and given his age at the time you could also see his point of view.

Its the same with loyal Iwan - always blackmailing the club with stories of phantom club offers at contract renewal time - very loyal methinks,

The only loyal servant the club has since Sutch left is Flem. 

No it''s the player who was cast aside from a promotion winning team and not replaced with anyone significantly better. He never ''spat the dummy'' as you say and didn''t really want to go as any other player wouldn''t want to. But why stay when you''ve been told you''re not in thr managers plans.

One things for sure, Malky will get an excellent reception from the moment he takes to the turf to when he leaves

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Isn''t this a player we embraced, supported, saw win a Championship medal, put on a pedestal and sang songs about who didn''t like the fact he couldn''t walk straight into a Premiership team, spat his dummy out, left out of  his own interest as he didn''t want to fight for a place leaving us one centre half short and with two short centre halfs.

So, we plan to give him a returning hero''s welcome do we? Why? Polite round of applause I say and nothing more plus the PA playing ''you left me just when I needed you most.''

[/quote]

Worthington made it clear to mackay that he wasnt in his premiership plans. At mackays age he needed to be playing regular football and so when a good championship club came calling it was an easy decision. I will give him a good reception, he was a great player for us and deserves it. We would have been better off with him last season, instead we had simon charlton. Also, if every  player last season showed the same commitement as chim over his years at the club i''m sure we would have stayed up.

I obviously am hoping that we win tomorrow but i am half hoping mackay will have a great game tomorrow or score. thjat would show worthington that 18 months on he is still capable and certainly or more valuable asset than simon charlton.

He scored against the scum, he scored another one, ooooohh Malkay, ooooooaaahhhh oh malkay....

Worthington made it clear to mackay that he wasnt in his premiership plans.

Malky was a hero, a leaader, he pushed the team on he was the fr**cking man (sorry moderators but i couldnt think of a better way of putting it)

he scored vital goals from centre back I will cheer the guy no matter who he plays for.. apart from the scum...

How we miss inspirational figures like malky now.

Rant,

I agree with everything you say about Malky, however, players hold the key, Malky did not have to go anywhere, he could have easily won his place back in the side after a couple of months so why didn''t he try.

Yup, big man, big character, big loss but sadly big EGO.

Incidentally, we should applaud all ex-players, as they do at Spurs as it gives us credibility as supporters. Another thing, stop slagging off the opposition goalie with this dated ''you''re sh1t aaaaahhhh!!!!'' it is so out of date.

Liverpool have always applauded the opposition goalie towards the Kop and get applauded back. In the late 80''s the River End at Norwich did the same, it was great, a bit like Gladiator ''we honour those who come to die'' or at least let a few goals in. The message was ''well done goalie, we know what you''re in for'' and was infact a confident statement of attacking intent, I wish the barclay would do it, they might actually begin to see as many goals as the other end.

I can imagine worthlesses conversation - West han have come in with a bid and we have accepted it, you arent gonna be in the team and we dont need you at the club anymore so i think you should go and talk to them...

Rubbish rudolph - Malky would have wanted to stay and play in the premiership, given the opportunity

I agree Paul. I think Rudolph has it wrong on this one. I suspect Malky was too much his own man for Worthy''s liking. I''m not suggesting Worthy pushed but he certainly would have given Malky no reason to stay or he would have.