Sign in to follow this  
Darth Vadis

Champs Starting XI

On the assumption that we are relegated, which is looking very likely...

Could we start our first game potentially like this? Doesn't look so bad to me.

Krul

Byram Godfrey Klose McCallum

Sitti/Tettey Vrancic

Rupp Sinani Cantwell

Pukki

Out:

Aarons - 35m?

Lewis - 15m?

Buendia - 40m?

On the assumption this season isn't over yet, I'd rather think about next season once it is clear what division we will be in, but whoever we sell/keep next season, we will have a very strong squad for whatever league we are in.

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

So depressing...

Bit premature Kennyo, none of the above has happened yet. We'll plot a financial course that will dictate who and when we sell. Selling at some point is the fate of most clubs if they produce players that those above them desire, Liverpool couldnt hang on to Sterling etc etc . Its not news. 

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So depressing...

I don't think so. Obviously you want to see your best players play for as long as possible, buts its where we are as a club. 

One angle is that we will get to watch new talented youngsters shine in the Championship, solidify our squad and come back stronger with a bigger transfer budget.

We don't necessarily know what the players feel about it. Only Todd is from the region so none will be ripping up roots if they leave. And the suspicion is that they will be on far less wages than this season if we are relegated so some, with a value to the club, may well have expressed a desire to move on. Especially as they may have seen the lack of spending in the Summer as lack of ambition.

Its clear were planning for next season rather than rolling the dice for this season;

There's no way Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey, or Cantwell will be here if we go down.

Buendia is the one we could hold out for big money on and perhaps make him spend one more year with us.

Surely Pukki as to go too along with Drmic.

A midfield consisting of Trybull, Steip, Leitner, Setti, McClean, Tettey would be enough.

Rupp, Hernandez, Sinani - would be enough too.

Actually think Byram would flourish at RB and Hanley, Klose are proven Championship centre halves.

We would have to replace Pukki's goals.

And looking at that team there's not much sale-able value,

The cash cow would have been milked dry.

Edited by CDMullins

It's clear we are planning, but it is not as a result of

17 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

We don't necessarily know what the players feel about it.

Indeed. It's not a foregone conclusion that any of them are going anywhere. Yes, we might sell on one or two, but I most of them could be here next season regardless of which division we are in. 

Imo, Godfrey could do with another season as a first team CB as he is still relatively inexperienced there.  Cantwell is not the finished article either and neither of them imo would walk in to any other PL team and command a first team place - yet.   Lewis I think will stay and Pukki I think will want to stay - he has been in the best form of his life and it is not certain he would do well at any other PL club - he more than most has benefited from farkeball.

Truth is if we stay up, there is no pressure to sell any of them, if we go down there will be one or two leaving which will give us funds to, but that is all. Aarons and Buendia may be trhe two to move on if we are relegated, but if we stay up they are both in the best position to stay on and develop another year here before moving on.  We are in a win win situation.

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I know of no fans that celebrate a big bank balance and selling our best players coupled with relegation. None.

Who is celebrating?

Godfrey being part of the same agency involving Rio Ferdinand means there is 0% chance he doesn't get a move this summer.

Almost the same as with Murphy at the time where it would probably have been best if he stayed with us another year, but the Prem money spoke loudest.

McGovern

Byram

Hanley

Zimmermann

McCallum

Rupp

Sitti

McClean

Stiepermann

Hernandez

Idah

Sold: Aarons £8m, Lewis £5m, Buendia Released, Pukki £3m, Godfrey £9m, Cantwell £15m, Klose Released, Krul £500,000

Solid looking team and a warchest of £40.5m for the hambag. 

• Haha 2

I am glad that so many people are so certain that our squad will be decimated by sales in the summer. I am also highly amused by expressions such as 'there's no way X will stay', 'X,Y and Z will be sold'............ all with such an air of certainty . Whereas in reality, no one has been able to second guess our ins/outs for the last couple of years. Enjoy the feelings of doom and despair while you can as before the year is out we'll know whether you guys are in fact, correct. 

I hope that we can reply "sarcastically" to this thread and mock it in May ... after we've secured 17th place and a spot in the PL for the 20-21 season...

I would underline the verb "to hope" 

1 hour ago, ROBFLECK said:

I hope that we can reply "sarcastically" to this thread and mock it in May ... after we've secured 17th place and a spot in the PL for the 20-21 season...

I would underline the verb "to hope" 

I hope I'm not wrong in hoping you're right.

4 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

On the assumption that we are relegated, which is looking very likely...

Could we start our first game potentially like this? Doesn't look so bad to me.

Krul

Byram Godfrey Klose McCallum

Sitti/Tettey Vrancic

Rupp Sinani Cantwell

Pukki

Out:

Aarons - 35m?

Lewis - 15m?

Buendia - 40m?

Please stop this negativity! There is only one thing I know in football for dead, certain sure - you can never see into the future. The game has the capacity to surprise and astound. 

So enjoy what unfolds over the next 3 months and please don't talk us down into the Championship while we still have a fighting chance of staying up. 

If I had to bet my house, I'd say we are going down. But that's not the point - we need to be positive and have belief, as it might make the 1% of difference between winning and losing, or drawing and winning. Think how many games have been that finely balanced.

Edited by Pugin
addition
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Maybe Claude Maurice is flying in for eleventh hour talks ? 

Looking at his season stats on sofa score and he doesn’t appear to have done much at Nice since his move 

52 minutes ago, JF said:

Looking at his season stats on sofa score and he doesn’t appear to have done much at Nice since his move 

Yeah, but as he would have  cost us at least 10 million plus wages then the whingers would have had to change their whinge from " we haven't spent enough" to " we haven't  spent well". 

Can " we haven't spent well" be repackaged on here  as many times as " we haven't spent enough "...... there's  a challenge. 

I think we'll lose all our best players to worldwide concerns and field a team of inexperienced youths and foreign no-hopers probably finishing in League 1. Pretty gutted by my pure conjecture I'm convinced will happen but I'm going to start my protest against life and football by getting signatures to sponsor me for a charity bean bath in Dereham town centre to raise funds to re-sign Van Wolfswinkel to maintain our forward line next season.

Boooooooooo! 

Bad thread 

👎

Championship team next season I'll follow next season is Luton because you gotta believe! 

Have some faith everyone. 

You are a miserable lot sometimes (sometimes=90% of the time)