Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

One For Us Coffin Dodgers.

Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, people sitting, wedding and indoor
Taken at Anglia TV on 20th February 1967 two days after beating Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.
  • Thanks 1

Great picture click on it and goes to Facebook with a Terry Alcock Funeral Services Advert popup

I was there,bor 😀 60,000+ in OT and you could have heard a pin drop when Don Heath gave us the lead.Denis Law scored a brilliant equaliser but then Gordon Bolland was on hand to tap into an empty net after Tony Dunne and Alex Stepney made a complete b*lls-up of a back pass.............

Yes i was there as well and that is one of the reasons why Kevin Keelan was my all time hero at NCFC. It took an outrageous Denis Law goal to beat him. I remember thinking as we travelled up that we would get hammered. But Keelan kept out virtually everything

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, people sitting, wedding and indoor

Standing.....Lol Morgan, Hugh Curran, Laurie Brown, Terry Anderson.

Seated.....Gordon Lee, Terry Allcock, Alan Black, Joe Mullett, Mal Lucas, Kevin Keelan, Tommy Bryceland, Gordon Bolland, Mike Kenning.

Correct me if any are wrong.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Now there's a picture!

I will be taking that to Still On The Ball next week🙃

Just a bit before your time if i recall Nutty ? 😛

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

What made that result even more astounding was the fact that both of our 1st choice strikers,Hugh Curran and Laurie Sheffield,were both out injured hence the somewhat makeshift strikeforce of Heath and Bolland 😮

2 hours ago, C.I.D said:

I was there,bor 😀 60,000+ in OT and you could have heard a pin drop when Don Heath gave us the lead.Denis Law scored a brilliant equaliser but then Gordon Bolland was on hand to tap into an empty net after Tony Dunne and Alex Stepney made a complete b*lls-up of a back pass.............

image.thumb.png.99b97e227cb1b992f8665dcf1cc93ea1.png

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Just a bit before your time if i recall Nutty ? 😛

Yep, a matter of weeks. My first game was the round after Man Utd against Sheff Wed at home. 41,000 at that one. My biggest home crowd was my first one!

I think the line up is wrong. That isn't Hugh Curran standing next to Morgan. It is Alan A'Court who was assistant Manager. I think the first one seated is Phil Kelly.

I'm racking my brains for the line up that day but time is taking its toll.

Are you sure the chap second left is not Phil Thompson with Graham Taylor sitting in front of Lol Morgan with Mark Hughes to Morgan’s left? 

Edited by Crafty Canary

Are you sure the chap second left is not Phil Thompson with Graham Taylor sitting in front of Lol Morgan with Mark Hughes to Morgan’s left? 

No wonder we won with all them on the pitch!

16 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I think the line up is wrong. That isn't Hugh Curran standing next to Morgan. It is Alan A'Court who was assistant Manager. I think the first one seated is Phil Kelly.

I'm racking my brains for the line up that day but time is taking its toll.

From memory ..............Keelan,Stringer,Mullett,Brown,Allcock,Anderson,Kenning,Lucas,Bryceland,Bolland,Heath ........no subs in those days 😀

4 hours ago, daly said:

Love the cigarette in Bollands hand

He isn't the only one if you look again daly. Joe Mullett as well.

Edited by TIL 1010

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

He isn't the only one if you look again daly. Joe Mullett as well.

It's a fit up!

The legend Tommy Bryceland had the ciggie on my screen🙃

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's a fit up!

The legend Tommy Bryceland had the ciggie on my screen🙃

I was distracted by the cup of whatever Tommy was raising. So that is 3 of them Nutty !