TIL 1010

TWTD Having Yet Another Meltdown.

Obviously it's great fun to see their current predicament, but we should also, perhaps, learn the lesson of their demise, which largely arose from the sort of over-spending that several posters on here advocate.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

Obviously it's great fun to see their current predicament, but we should also, perhaps, learn the lesson of their demise, which largely arose from the sort of over-spending that several posters on here advocate.  

...And - shockingly! - not saved by the shady, loaded businessman who bought them up and injected cash/debt into them for his own reasons... 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

They can keep him even if they don't  want.

Making judgements on people you have never met or spoken to works both ways don't you think ? 😛

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

...And - shockingly! - not saved by the shady, loaded businessman who bought them up and injected cash/debt into them for his own reasons... 

Yes, they currently owe him about £100 million, so I don't suppose he is going anywhere quickly!

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If someone posts about another poster they haven’t met does that mean they don’t count ? 😜

At least posting on here would count for something not running off to another forum telling tales hey FF ?

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yes, they currently owe him about £100 million, so I don't suppose he is going anywhere quickly!

Well you know the old joke...if you owe someone £100,000k and can't pay it you've got a big problem. If you owe someone £100m and can't pay it's their problem!

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Making judgements on people you have never met or spoken to works both ways don't you think ? 😛

Couldn't  care less. Defending 'your mate' again, Benny? The tripe he throws at me bounces off as I have a hide like a rhino.  His posts, here and elsewhere portray him as a low life. Some are more sensitive than me. You may be a tad thin skinned too, by your reactions. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

The binners don't seem to grasp that Evans, like Randy Lerner, doesn't want to put any more money into the club. It's damage mitigation now, and like at Villa, Lambert has a track record of getting on with it when his budgets been cut.

Give Evans some credit, he’s actually ‘invested’ more than £60m over his ownership. Obviously, most of that has been, to use a Webber quote, ‘pissed up the wall.’
He’s highly unlikely to see any of that back any time soon. Shame! 😉

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

At least posting on here would count for something not running off to another forum telling tales hey FF ?

I haven’t told tales at all, just gave my opinion on some of the posters on here

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

You may be a tad thin skinned too, by your reactions. 

Which just shows you know absolutely nothing about me but of course the internet allows you to be as i said judgemental.

Seriously, TIL, does every thread you get involved in have to descend into this?

Not sarcasm, no hidden agenda, just a friendly pointer.

You are the common denominator here, I really believe relaxing and not taking everything so seriously/literally would help an awful lot.

Shall we stay on topic maybe?

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I haven’t told tales at all, just gave my opinion on some of the posters on here

Except of course you chose to do it in a safe haven where hardly any posters from here even visit let alone bother to register. Never seen you single out any posters on here and call them out as ' weirdos and nut jobs '.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Except of course you chose to do it in a safe haven where hardly any posters from here even visit let alone bother to register. Never seen you single out any posters on here and call them out as ' weirdos and nut jobs '.

Feeling particularly sensitive today ? I’ve mentioned negative nut jobs a number of times, I think you’re trying to get away from your “ goals don’t count if you lose” comment 😂

1 minute ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Seriously, TIL, does every thread you get involved in have to descend into this?

Not sarcasm, no hidden agenda, just a friendly pointer.

You are the common denominator here, I really believe relaxing and not taking everything so seriously/literally would help an awful lot.

Shall we stay on topic maybe?

Not every thread i am involved in and well you know it. Just to make it clear FD if posts are aimed in my direction and even a thread most recently i will respond.

....got to the stage where I'm surprised if they win a game now ,whoever it is in that league, was shocked that they came back to win against Burton last week.

No Norwood or Jackson for the next few weeks and many teams below them playing their games in hand shortly could genuinely see them mid table

Hope that they become a permenant fixture in the lower leagues for many years to come...an oldham,swindon or bradford... is a bolton or even bury too much to ask??

The desperation has reached the level of suggesting Ross McCormack could do a job for them. You remember the guy who has been a miserable flop since his big money move to Villa back in 2014 and who slunk off to play for 2 Aussie sides before returning on loan to Motherwell and was bombed out last year.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I know you have met him in the flesh so to speak, is he a top bloke?. I have just assumed he enjoys a wind up and the more people that bite the better, personally I do not have a problem with that, as when you boil it down he is a fellow NCFC fan......

6 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I know you have met him in the flesh so to speak, is he a top bloke?. I have just assumed he enjoys a wind up and the more people that bite the better, personally I do not have a problem with that, as when you boil it down he is a fellow NCFC fan......

I have not seen him since we played Brighton away despite according to some being mates. He enjoys a wind up and is good company.  I can think of at least ten posters who when his name crops up in conversations state that they have met him.. You are right about people taking his bait rather seriously but as you say at the end of the day he is a fellow fan of our club.

No doubt FJSPSOB this post will bring out the usual responses from the usual posters making the usual comments.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The reply you responded to only related to Waveneys online behaviour and that wcock would rather him stay on there than here. What the hell does this have to do with who he is in real life? He's a wind up merchant on here and whether he's your bestie in the real world or  not isn't relevant.

Around 73 points is enough to get the final playoff spot in Lg1- they'd have to win 21 points out of 39 left to hit this total. Over half their games remaining are at home, but they also only have the 16th best home record in the league (seems even the players prefer being out of the place). The one thing you could really say is it feels like a lot of the top 7 have hit a winning run a little bit too early, lining up a potential late playoff charge a la under Worthy with us.

However, a team of their undoubted stature would never be satisfied simply with a measly playoff place with the rabble, so how many points will it take to get a top 2 spot now? 90 points (plus a couple usually) has been needed in 6 of the last 8 years, for which the binners will need just 38 points from the remaining 39 to claim their rightful place.

I'm sure Paul & friends have this sussed already.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

...so how many points will it take to get a top 2 spot now? 90 points (plus a couple usually) has been needed in 6 of the last 8 years, for which the binners will need just 38 points from the remaining 39 to claim their rightful place.

I'm sure Paul & friends have this sussed already.

Yeah I think they have got this. 

• Haha 1

It would take a remarkable turn around for them to make the play offs. They did well for the first 13 games which were mainly against the weaker sides but then the other teams started to work them out. The last 20 games have been relegation form and they haven't beaten any of the top teams all season. 

Evans tends to cover the losses with sales in the summer but they only have a couple of saleable players left. Next season should be very interesting.

It's starting to feel like going to the funeral of someone you didn't like very much