TIL 1010

TWTD Having Yet Another Meltdown.

9 of their last 14 are at home no way will they miss out on the playoffs

13 hours ago, kick it off said:

That is totally hilarious. What makes it perfect is the little rollback at the start - in their heads, they think of themselves as doing little Messi style flicks, but the reality is seventh in league 1 and slipping.

17 minutes ago, daly said:

9 of their last 14 are at home no way will they miss out on the playoffs

You say that, but they've only won 2 of their last 10 home games...

5 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

You say that, but they've only won 2 of their last 10 home games...

They tend to do okay against the teams down the bottom, and their last six games are extremely favourable. I think they'll make the playoffs.

Even if they make the playoffs they won’t get through them, they don’t have the guts as a team or a club for the playoffs.

PL now has the lowest win percentage of any of their managers going right back to the early sixties. In 61 games I read he has a 1.15 point per game average.

20 minutes ago, sonyc said:

PL now has the lowest win percentage of any of their managers going right back to the early sixties. In 61 games I read he has a 1.15 point per game average.

...and when you bear in mind they are playing at the lowest division they’ve been in during that time, it does make you realise just how great Lambert’s doing!😀

• Like 1

For them to make the playoffs three from Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough, Coventry, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Oxford and Doncaster have to miss out.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a binner I'd be worried about finishing top half.

What say you Jubswick?

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

For them to make the playoffs three from Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough, Coventry, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Oxford and Doncaster have to miss out.

If I was unfortunate enough to be a binner I'd be worried about finishing top half.

What say you Jubswick?

Fleetwood are in the mix also Nutty. If they win their games in hand, they go above our neighbours

• Like 1

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but just pass it inside the near side post. Like a pen. By the time they have tapped it and messed around the bloke that was on the post has run out and turned his back?

Ps isnt the bloke that takes that the new Holty? I thought he was better than all of our team put together ? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

What say you Jubswick?

Binners at 4/1 for promotion this morning .  There’s a hedge there for anyone that wants it . Do a double with City to go down and you might get 4.5 to 1. 
Might ease the pain for a good cause.  

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

They tend to do okay against the teams down the bottom, and their last six games are extremely favourable. I think they'll make the playoffs.

They have yet to beat a team currently in the top 9. They may have a good run in but the next 6 games are not nice and they'll probably be left with too much to do. Add to that they have 21 points from their last 19 games which is hardly top 6 form. They did OK initially but got found out quite quickly. 

In the unlikely event that they make the top 6 they won't get through the play offs 

One of the reasons why I'm 100% behind our current approach is that, whilst the old adage of football being cyclical is generally true, there are times when you have a clear opportunity to break that cycle. With the current excellent recruitment and focus on superb young players (and hopefully an extended CR in the next three years) we could be miles ahead of them for decades. What a wonderful thought.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Carrow said:

One of the reasons why I'm 100% behind our current approach is that, whilst the old adage of football being cyclical is generally true, there are times when you have a clear opportunity to break that cycle. With the current excellent recruitment and focus on superb young players (and hopefully an extended CR in the next three years) we could be miles ahead of them for decades. What a wonderful thought.

Steady on,old chap .......or you'll have the usual armchair experts,forum bullies,trolls and anti-Delia t*sspots,all with their vast experience of running a top-division football club,piling in to brand you as Happy Clapper for not advocating us spunking millions that we don't actually have 🙄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Nah, will never catch on. Spend £50 million now or we have no ambishun

2 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

We are certainly breaking that cycle and long may it continue. Whilst we are in a precarious position it has been fun supporting city over the many years.

ipswich on the other hand is a sad, sad place with an equally sad team to follow. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, East Rider said:

ipswich on the other hand is a sad, sad place with an equally sad team to follow. 

...... not having this, 1p5wich have a great history that we can only dream of. Ask any of them, they can quote, chapter and verse, every player that played in the 70s.

.....and with a tree growing on the roof of the stand, they're ahead of us on environmental issues. What's not to like?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

...... not having this, 1p5wich have a great history that we can only dream of. Ask any of them, they can quote, chapter and verse, every player that played in the 70s.

.....and with a tree growing on the roof of the stand, they're ahead of us on environmental issues. What's not to like?

You are missing the statues SR. Never forget the statues. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

You are missing the statues SR. Never forget the statues. 

And the stars, oh those stars!!

• Haha 1

That shot is very reminiscent of when I try too hard to hit the ball at golf. The more force you put into to it, the worse it becomes. He was running up like Usain Bolt. Even the Maccams could see what he was trying to do.

9 hours ago, splendidrush said:

....and with a tree growing on the roof of the stand, they're ahead of us on environmental issues. What's not to like?

.......not to mention the vegetables inside the stands on every home match 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

And of course these three feckin' eejits...

FB_IMG_1581414820561.thumb.jpg.3349c22e9efd22cdf5431af5d0f1f9f2.jpg

What I love about this picture is that it kinda looks like they had to paint over a spelling mistake from the first time it was painted. 😂

One night many years ago approx 1980 ,I could only get as far as 1p5wich and was stuck on my way home to n Norfolk, I had a quick scan round near the train station and decided to get taxi, it was more expensive than a b&b, but at least I didnt have to wake up there and see it in all its glory....in daylight!! The driver was happy enough,  1p5wich to stalham and back and he'd made his nights money, and I was home by 2am. Now, that was a case of investing to get out of a bad situation that worked.

Ps . I still have that photo somewhere of several Gambian guys in City shirts mocking a guy in a binner shirt, ill try finding it later mebbe. Unless anyone has it to hand.....

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

A tough-looking assignment for the Binners at AFC Wimbledon tonight. Although they tend to do okay against the lower teams, Wimbledon are fighting relegation and will surely make it tough for them. They really need to win tonight... a defeat would be hilarious!

Ipswich have the second-best record away from home, I should think they will win and restore their hopes for a week.

It's nice to know however that even the players prefer being away from that town.

....It will be a triffic result if the boys can do it for me. Listen, these boys go to the well for me every day. We are now the hunters not the hunted. ....

I've been talking with Marcus this week and he knows what we need to do. He's a football man.....

• Haha 1