Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Leeds

Still right up there with WBA though but what surprised me is that Millwall have crept up to 6th.

Oh in other news Scum have fallen behind in 42nd minute which currently knocks them off the top. 🀣

Fair does to Leeds for turning it round v Millwall (sounds like a certain title winning team in the The Championship last season).

I'm totally ambivalent about the prospect of Leeds being promoted.

If they fail to get promoted this time half of me will be laughing my head off at their ridiculous, gobby,Β Β over the top and massively over-entitled fans.

The other half will be a bit sorry, because like us last season they are basically trying to do things the right way. They haven't spent loads of money they don't have and are using a number of players that they have brought through from their academy.Β 

55 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh in other news Scum have fallen behind in 42nd minute which currently knocks them off the top. 🀣

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.🀣

13 minutes ago, Herman said:

Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.🀣

Indeed Herman slipped to 3rd and 2 points off the top now plus if Coventry and Peterborough win their games in hand they will drop another 2 places to 5th.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Indeed Herman slipped to 3rd and 2 points off the top now plus if Coventry and Peterborough win their games in hand they will drop another 2 places to 5th.

If Coventry and PortsmouthΒ win their games in hand. (Sean Raggett playing week in week out in the Pompey defence and doing pretty well for them).Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Assuming & hoping Wycombe hold on to the their 2-0 lead... they scored in the 5th and 9th minutes, now 60 minutes gone... weird kick-off time.

1 minute ago, GenerationA47 said:

Assuming & hoping Wycombe hold on to the their 2-0 lead... they scored in the 5th and 9th minutes, now 60 minutes gone... weird kick-off time.

The kick off was delayed as an air ambulance landed on the pitch to treat a medical emergency within the ground.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The kick off was delayed as an air ambulance landed on the pitch to treat a medical emergency within the ground.

Point to note: any development of theΒ  City Stand should incorporate a Helipad.Β 

22 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Leeds chairman tweeted at HT that if was the worst officiating he had seen.

To be fair to them, Millwall got a penalty about 5 seconds after their winger had run the ball clearly out of play - It was a full yard off the pitch and he ran with it out of play for a good 3 or 4 yards before bringing it back onto the pitch - VAR would have had a field day.

Edited by kick it off

To be fair Leeds won and now we are only one place behind you (well we are top of the championship and you are firmly rooted to the bottom of the prem and will more than likely get relegated).Β 

Yes i'm back when the going is good (and will disappear when things don't go well) so happy new year an all that!!Β 

I think it's odds on that we won't play you next season but if we don't then can we have Pukki? You can take Bamford in a swap deal. We might take Pukki anyway :-).Β 

Well here is to the rest of the season, and no i'm not confident in Leeds going up but it's a much weaker league this year so who knows.Β 

Β 

6 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

I think it's odds on that we won't play you next season but if we don't then can we have Pukki? You can take Bamford in a swap deal. We might take Pukki anyway :-).Β 

If you think it's odds on then presumably you think we'll stay up, as we all know Leeds will fall apart....again. It's essentially become tradition at this point.

No you can't have Pukki even in the unlikely event that we switch divisions - if we go down he will move on, no doubt, but he will be able to do considerably better than Leeds.

(PS No, we don't want Bamford either - not even if you paid us. He's ****e and couldn't get near our team when he was here. The fact he is a regular for you says it all about how weak the Champs is this season.Β We only take your best players, not your rejects)

Edited by kick it off

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

If you think it's odds on then presumably you think we'll stay up, as we all know Leeds will fall apart....again. It's essentially become tradition at this point.

No you can't have Pukki even in the unlikely event that we switch divisions - if we go down he will move on, no doubt, but he will be able to do considerably better than Leeds.

(PS No, we don't want Bamford either - not even if you paid us. He's ****e and couldn't get near our team when he was here. The fact he is a regular for you says it all about how weak the Champs is this season.Β We only take your best players, not your rejects)

I don't think its an unlikely event that we will swap divisions. I do think it's very likely now that you will go down, the gap is quite big at this stage of the season especially when the bottom teams are scrapping to stay in the division. Leeds will no doubt bottle it.

You flatter Pukki although I don't think he will go to a top team, more of a Bournmouth or Palace type team but I think you will lose him nevertheless. I think we would be looking for a better calibre of striker anyway. I totally agree with your Bamford comments though.Β 

Β 

Β 

The secret lemonade drinker is back!

Thank the Lord for that. I thought something must have happened to him.

Glad you're ok Rob, after your sudden disappearance I feared the worst...

Β 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

I don't think its an unlikely event that we will swap divisions. I do think it's very likely now that you will go down, the gap is quite big at this stage of the season especially when the bottom teams are scrapping to stay in the division. Leeds will no doubt bottle it.

You flatter Pukki although I don't think he will go to a top team, more of a Bournmouth or Palace type team but I think you will lose him nevertheless. I think we would be looking for a better calibre of striker anyway. I totally agree with your Bamford comments though.Β 

Oh make no mistake, we're going down. Leeds just aren't going up. Again.

I don't think I flatter Pukki at all, Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham, Everton etc - All of those teams would be happy to have him - like I said considerably bigger and better teams than Leeds will want him.

Better calibre than 11 goals and 3 assists in 23 appearances in the PL? Yeah, OK, good luck.

Edited by kick it off

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Says a lot about Leeds that Bamford is their top scorer.

Same Bamford who couldn't get into our team behind Jerome and Mbokani. Mbokani scored 7 that year and was our top scorer.

Edited by kick it off

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Same Bamford who couldn't get into our team behind Jerome and Mbokani. Mbokani scored 7 that year and was our top scorer.

Bamford was a panic buy i'm totally admitting that, we have to see how Augustin plays. He comes from better pedigree than the championship and was wanted by Man Utd when he turned up at our stadium so potentially will be better than Bamford anyway.Β 

Leeds might look like they’re going up, but willΒ they stay up if they do? Given that it looks like 2 of the 3 promoted teams will be going down this season -Β one low,Β one highΒ spender -Β it looks likely that they won’t last either.

Edited by Nuff Said

29 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Bamford was a panic buy i'm totally admitting that, we have to see how Augustin plays. He comes from better pedigree than the championship and was wanted by Man Utd when he turned up at our stadium so potentially will be better than Bamford anyway.Β 

Bamford was terrible when he was at Norwich but he does seem to have toughened up a bit since leaving. He was like Bambi at Carrow Rd.

Still misses plenty of chances though and you're right that Leeds need to have better than him. If you do manage go up there's no way he'll be good enough for the Premier League.

I think Leeds will go up (at last) and whilst I am anything but a fan (have seen so much over the past three decades of the behaviour of away fans....hence the dislike) I should mention the playing style of the team which is attractive to watch. Had we not have played so well last year then Leeds would/should have gone up in the automatics. Even against Sheff U, Leeds were the better team. So I reckon a deserved promotion under Bielsa. I would be amazed beyond belief for Leeds to fail again like last year.

As for us, i wouldn't bet on us not going down. We have continued to play good stuff but have our failings. Glad Rob we remain your second team πŸ˜‰

• Thanks 1

Leeds will fall apart again, it's practically guaranteed. The recent form table shows you enough to suggest a carbon copy from previous seasons.

As for Leeds looking for a "better calibre of striker than pukki" if they went up - good luck is all I'll say to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Leeds will fall apart again, it's practically guaranteed. The recent form table shows you enough to suggest a carbon copy from previous seasons.

As for Leeds looking for a "better calibre of striker than pukki" if they went up - good luck is all I'll say to that.

Yep, and the twisted part ofΒ me just can't wait for it to happen.Β 

Again 😁

Β 

Leeds will in all probability go up and so they should. They play attractive progressive football and have a top manager.Β 

However, the unfortunate aspect of that club is that they have a number of morons following them and it must be an embarrassment to the decent fans of what is a traditional big club. Hence the delight and complete lack of sympathy each year when they annually mess up another promotion push.

They are a club you could actually like, a one City club such as ourselves with a good sized support despite the lack of recent success. But it wouldn't really bother me if they were relegated to L1, never to return. Ho hum.Β 

Β