Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The PUPS - all you were afraid to ask!

845608877_presentation2019.jpg.7b7296aafb6caf220a2a13d53f086a21.jpg

If you've seen the PUPS thread that appears every week in the season and wondered whether it was open to everyone then the answer is YES! It is not some exclusive club, and new participants are always welcome, to boost the numbers and help a really worthwhile charity.

Just to explain the history, RAYS FUNDS, otherwise known as the PUPS, was started by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to benefit the Norwich City Academy. From August 2013 the money raised each year has gone to the COMMUNITY SPORTS FOUNDATION and specifically the PAN-DISABILITY GROUPS. And this fund-raising is helped by the very generous support of our sponsors, TURNER EUROPEAN CONSULTING,  KARE PLUS & PUPANON.

How It Works

·         Every Wednesday during the season we start the new thread.

·         The 'Pink Un Pickers' (PUPs) then each choose one match from the weekend's fixtures and post that as their suggestion for a specific result. It is normally a home win but it can be an away win or a draw.

·         On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects six results from the week's suggestions and these half dozen selections become our £10 accumulator bet for the weekend.

·         The PUPs rota is made up of the previous season’s top 40 in our PUPs League. The league is determined by order of correct picks and is a fun competition for the message board.

·         There is no requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season which is met by PUPs each sending a tenner at the start of the season. But those who can’t pay or want to try it out for a week or so before committing themselves are still very welcome and are usually covered by those who can.

·         We also have a £10 NCFC MATCH BET funded by an anonymous benefactor, in which PUPs suggest specific bets on that weekend's game, and the nominated picker uses them and their own ideas to as to how to wager the tenner.

How much have we raised?

So far the total is more than £15,000! This has come not just from the two bets outlined above but from pledges, competitions and other donations thanks to the wonderful posters on the Pink Un message board. Here are the latest totals:-

1408821905_Signaturetotals17june2020.jpg.62fcba30fa7a38d68e07cfbce9c7746f.jpg

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

If you’ve never done this before, have a go. It’s for a great cause and it’s fun. The PUPs are a community that has been formed over the years and if you live locally you can actually get to meet people away from their keyboards. It can be exciting and there are lots of laughs and banter.. 
Why not give it a go this week?

7 hours ago, Kathy said:

If you’ve never done this before, have a go. It’s for a great cause and it’s fun. The PUPs are a community that has been formed over the years and if you live locally you can actually get to meet people away from their keyboards. It can be exciting and there are lots of laughs and banter.. 
Why not give it a go this week?

Absolutely, and I am sure Nutty or other PUPS will happily answer any questions about how to take part. Watching the DS team play is a truly joyful experience.

Never done this, definitely guilty of never really understanding it/giving it time from the start and therefore not really paying much attention to it - for that I can only apologise.

I always found myself a little 'out of the loop' and confused whilst everyone in the thread definitely knows what's going on! I should have spoken up and just asked sooner, I can't offer any reason why I didn't.

However, top informative post from Nutty, which has led me to message him to get involved and importantly throw my name into the pot of donators too.

Good work, great cause. Thank you Nutty for making this easy to understand for those of us who somehow missed the boat. I hope you get more responses because of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

It is relatively easy to understand as after all just look at the top of the league table. 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is relatively easy to understand as after all just look at the top of the league table. 😂

But not quite so easy to do....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Never done this, definitely guilty of never really understanding it/giving it time from the start and therefore not really paying much attention to it - for that I can only apologise.

I always found myself a little 'out of the loop' and confused whilst everyone in the thread definitely knows what's going on! I should have spoken up and just asked sooner, I can't offer any reason why I didn't.

However, top informative post from Nutty, which has led me to message him to get involved and importantly throw my name into the pot of donators too.

Good work, great cause. Thank you Nutty for making this easy to understand for those of us who somehow missed the boat. I hope you get more responses because of it.

Yes this is my 2nd year doing this and its very confusing at first.

But to keep it simple.

Pick a game from Sat/Sun/Mon to win lose or draw

Also a pick for the norwich game like 2 nil to norwich

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Flying Dutchman said:

Exactly the same for me .

Been meaning to ask you Nutty how you get involved, but you’ve done it for me . Cheers .

• Thanks 1

If you want to get involved  mid season and want to pay your £10 , how do you actually pay that ? Or just make a donation. Or do you have to wait until next season ? 

Edited by Pockthorpe

Thanks for such a brilliant response.

If you want to get involved this season and send a tenner there are weeks in April and May free for you to be in charge and pick the final six. We didn't make the 40 tenners this season so that would be great. Equally if you'd rather just take part for a while and maybe start afresh next season that's fine too. The paypal we use for Rays Funds is: -

canaryeddie@aol.com 

If you don't have paypal we can work something else out. Just message me.

In order to win the PUPs league you have to pick in at least half the weeks so that has been missed. However I'm more than happy to run a 15 week mini league for PUPs who join over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks those who sent the PMs. I'll always respond if anyone has queries or just ask on here because others probably have the same questions. 

I hope that clears a few things up. The opening post was quite clear, for one of mine, but those who know me will have guessed it was not all my own work🙃

I'll put this week's thread up this evening.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Kathy said:

But not quite so easy to do....

Next thing you will be telling me you understand the offside rule.

On 28/01/2020 at 19:27, nutty nigel said:

845608877_presentation2019.jpg.7b7296aafb6caf220a2a13d53f086a21.jpg

If you've seen the PUPS thread that appears every week in the season and wondered whether it was open to everyone then the answer is YES! It is not some exclusive club, and new participants are always welcome, to boost the numbers and help a really worthwhile charity.

Just to explain the history, RAYS FUNDS, otherwise known as the PUPS, was started by my good friend Ray Ducker (Arrdee) to benefit the Norwich City Academy. From August 2013 the money raised each year has gone to the COMMUNITY SPORTS FOUNDATION and specifically the NORWICH CITY DOWNS SYNDROME TEAM. And this fund-raising is helped by the very generous support of our sponsors, TURNER EUROPEAN CONSULTING and KARE PLUS.

How It Works

·         Every Wednesday during the season we start the new thread.

·         The 'Pink Un Pickers' (PUPs) then each choose one match from the weekend's fixtures and post that as their suggestion for a specific result. It is normally a home win but it can be an away win or a draw.

·         On the Friday evening the nominated picker from our PUPs rota selects six results from the week's suggestions and these half dozen selections become our £10 accumulator bet for the weekend.

·         The PUPs rota is made up of the previous season’s top 40 in our PUPs League. The league is determined by order of correct picks and is a fun competition for the message board.

·         There is no requirement to pay to play but obviously we need £400 per season which is met by PUPs each sending a tenner at the start of the season. But those who can’t pay or want to try it out for a week or so before committing themselves are still very welcome and are usually covered by those who can.

·         We also have a £10 NCFC MATCH BET funded by an anonymous benefactor, in which PUPs suggest specific bets on that weekend's game, and the nominated picker uses them and their own ideas to as to how to wager the tenner.

How much have we raised?

So far the total is more than £14,000! This has come not just from the two bets outlined above but from pledges, competitions and other donations thanks to the wonderful posters on the Pink Un message board. Here are the latest totals:-

792087249_Signaturetotals-26thjan20.jpg.88c190989a3e8ceb1745ff7627d6f580.jpg

BUMP.

• Thanks 1