Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

RIP Nicholas Parsons

Sad to hear the news that Nicholas Parsons has passed away.

Will always be remembered in these parts for Sale of The Century I guess, but was also a brilliant host on Just a Minute. 

My dad was a contestant on Sale of the Century in 1980 and actually won it. His prize a was a brown Austin Allegro. 

Who can forget... "And now - from Norwich - It's the quiz of the week.........."

13 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Sad to hear the news that Nicholas Parsons has passed away.

Will always be remembered in these parts for Sale of The Century I guess, but was also a brilliant host on Just a Minute. 

My dad was a contestant on Sale of the Century in 1980 and actually won it. His prize a was a brown Austin Allegro. 

Who can forget... "And now - from Norwich - It's the quiz of the week.........."

"My dad was a contestant on Sale of the Century in 1980 and actually won it. His prize a was a brown Austin Allegro."

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Sale of the Century had the highest viewing figures for any game show/quiz, at its peak. I am old enough to remember him being the straight man for a comedian called Arthur Haynes, who called him "nickelarse"

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

"My dad was a contestant on Sale of the Century in 1980 and actually won it. His prize a was a brown Austin Allegro."

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

The second prize was two Austin Allegro's😀

• Haha 1

Great thread for those interested, shows that Twitter doesnt have to be all about abuse.

Edited by Van wink

On 28/01/2020 at 12:47, ricardo said:

The second prize was two Austin Allegro's😀

They were indeed about the worst car on the road at the time.  Just reminded me of what may have been worse.. the Austin Princess !!