Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Amadou off?

11 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

In the absence of external investment if we can augment the broadcasting income cash pile by saving on players’ wages and/or transfer receipts, the longer we can subsidise our operating model back in the chumps.

I'm stumped by this post. I thought that I could rely on HC being a miserablist , but this seems almost positive... or is it ironic?

6 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'm stumped by this post. I thought that I could rely on HC being a miserablist , but this seems almost positive... or is it ironic?

I feel a song coming on ...

...or maybe not.

Likely leaving according to Bailey and Davitt. Doesn't want to be here, allowed to go. A lot of paperwork needs sorting.

Bailey tweet 

IBRAHIM AMADOU: His time at Norwich City is over. Loan cancellation done; will be confirmed later tonight.

In the end, the man himself didn’t want to be here.

No partial loan fee refund, but Norwich will at least save his wages for the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Now confirmed by the club, he’s gone 

Shame it didn't work really. Dealt a blow early on with having to stand in as CB.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Shame, really. He never got a proper go in his best position and was just used an emergency stopgap in a position he wasn't entirely comfortable in. 

You can't really blame him for wanting to leave, in all honesty.

Yep, but with limited starts the season before and his parent club clearly not really wanting him I think his next move will show the kind of level hes deemed to be good for.

Still think this is a big shame - wasn’t really given a chance in the role he was brought here for, but clearly wasn’t fancied; has to be said the summer transfer window has worked out to be a long way from great but imo was one of the most important to get right. 

Could we yet sneak through the Luxembourg guy? - our squad now has an overseas slot....

Edited by Branston Pickle

Presumably we’ve known he’d be on his way, does this mean this paves the way for a late replacement to be announced soon?

I don’t understand the comments of he wasn’t given a chance. The players are given a chance every single day in training matches. It’s up to them to perform and force their way into the side. Farke clearly didn’t see enough from him in training to believe he should be playing 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Still think this is a big shame - wasn’t really given a chance in the role he was brought here for, but clearly wasn’t fancied; has to be said the summer transfer window has worked out to be a long way from great but imo was one of the most important to get right. 

Yeah he wasn't played much in his preferred position which was a shame,but his passing was shocking so no great loss.

He played well in the only full PL game as a cdm (Arsenal) - that’s why people are saying that, JF.

Just seems poor all around, from him and the scouting department/Webber.

We look very short at CDM and CB, stumped up the full loan fee with no refund (according to Bailey) and with no time to get a replacement.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, but with limited starts the season before and his parent club clearly not really wanting him I think his next move will show the kind of level hes deemed to be good for.

To be fair though, not getting much game time at Sevilla isn't a great indicator of how well he'd do here as Sevilla are clearly a bigger club than us. Ultimately he's a player who has had a market valuation (and has moved for) £10-15m for a few years now so you would've thought he'd have been given at least chance here, but for whatever reason, he wasn't.

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Presumably we’ve known he’d be on his way, does this mean this paves the way for a late replacement to be announced soon?

You’d hope so and I just mentioned the Luxembourg guy (forgot his name and can’t be bothered to look it up!) but it’s getting late....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JF said:

I don’t understand the comments of he wasn’t given a chance. The players are given a chance every single day in training matches. It’s up to them to perform and force their way into the side. Farke clearly didn’t see enough from him in training to believe he should be playing 

None of our CDMs have been undroppable this season yet Amadou hasnt been able to force a look in. Other than the fact hes physically bigger and I agree our team lacks some physicality, there was nothing else really to him that I thought made him stand out ahead of Tettey or even Trybull really.

Shame, poor signing.

It's not "for whatever reason" he wasn't given a chance. The reason was that Farke, who watches him day in day out, didn't think he was up to it. A 34 year old Tettey (who's had a bit of a second wind) was deemed a better choice. Hard to argue with, to be honest.

• Like 2

He simply didn't have the required level of passing and workrate to fit our team. He showed glimpses of genuine ability but didn't bring enough to the table to justify his place in the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

He played well in the only full PL game as a cdm (Arsenal) - that’s why people are saying that, JF.

Yeah he had a decent game but by no means an outstanding game. And as mentioned above, his passing was shocking. Ultimately it seems his attitude wasn’t right and as Bailey has tweeted, he didn’t want to be here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be fair though, not getting much game time at Sevilla isn't a great indicator of how well he'd do here as Sevilla are clearly a bigger club than us. Ultimately he's a player who has had a market valuation (and has moved for) £10-15m for a few years now so you would've thought he'd have been given at least chance here, but for whatever reason, he wasn't.

Well, no but combining his inability to get many starts with them alongside not being able to force a way into the starting eleven of a relegation threatened prem team then it starts to look like maybe hes not performing. 

Who knows - he couldnt force his way in here and his next move will be interesting. Put it this way, I doubt another prem team is gonna take him!

Worth-a-try signing but ultimately poor as hasnt improved the team.

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

He simply didn't have the required level of passing and workrate to fit our team. He showed glimpses of genuine ability but didn't bring enough to the table to justify his place in the squad.

Which, as arguably the marquee signing of the summer, is a pretty poor job from us. They should've known what they were investing in.

They've generally been very good but this was a pretty fundamental failure.

1 minute ago, JF said:

Yeah he had a decent game but by no means an outstanding game. And as mentioned above, his passing was shocking. Ultimately it seems his attitude wasn’t right and as Bailey has tweeted, he didn’t want to be here. 

So he wasn’t allowed to have a game or two to bed in? Seems rather unfair. As to his passing, we clearly didn’t do our homework on him. As for Bailey’s comment, you can hardly be surprised - he can see us conceding for fun whilst warming the bench and never being given a go!

Maybe one of those which looked good on paper, but didn't quite work out in reality. Unfortunately our transfer model is always going to be a little hit and miss, at least there's little lasting damage due to it being a loan.

• Like 1

Apparently off to leganes so he’s swapping one relegation battle for another 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

So he wasn’t allowed to have a game or two to bed in? Seems rather unfair. As to his passing, we clearly didn’t do our homework on him. As for Bailey’s comment, you can hardly be surprised - he can see us conceding for fun whilst warming the bench and never being given a go!

We can speculate all we like but ultimately the manager and coaching staff thought he offered less than Tettey. From what I’ve seen from Tettey this season and Amadous appearances, they are right

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Maybe one of those which looked good on paper, but didn't quite work out in reality. Unfortunately our transfer model is always going to be a little hit and miss, at least there's little lasting damage due to it being a loan.

A little Hit and miss?  The summer was one of the most important to get right but we got those hits and misses v much the wrong way round, many more misses than hits.

In this case, we could bring the horse to water, but unfortunately we couldn’t make it drink. That’s football unfortunately, not every signing works out, I certainly wouldn’t call it a mistake by Farke or Webber, it’s just how football transfers go sometimes.