Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Amadou off?

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Amadobam, Amadobas, Amadobat, Amadobamus, Amadobatis,Amadobant :classic_tongue:

Hmmm .. is that the future pluperfect subjunctive? Or the past participle gerund's auntie twice removed?

I really must brush up on my gobbledegook ...

5 hours ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Ideally you would want to scout these loan players before we sign them to see if they will add to our squad and have the attributes we want

It is becoming increasingly clear we just stick a number of names in a hat and just go for we ever comes out

you couldn’t make it up 

Yeah, must’ve got lucky with Buendia and Pukki!

50 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

How much was we paying him probably paying most if not all his Seville wage.😭

Good news for Delia that he is off the bill

50 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Hmmm .. is that the future pluperfect subjunctive? Or the past participle gerund's auntie twice removed?

I really must brush up on my gobbledegook ...

Its Oddle-Poddle.........anyone seen Bill?

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Its Oddle-Poddle.........anyone seen Bill?

Nope but Nuff Said posts a little in the manner off Bill......could it be one-off bills many identities?

apologies if wrong! 😉

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Michael Bailey suggested on his podcast (I think) that Norwich had felt let down by his passing, saying they felt he wasn’t capable of being part of that build up play we build our philosophy around.

If he goes, he leaves probably as the biggest transfer disappointment of the Webber era, IMO. 

“Felt let down” by his passing? It’s rare (possibly the first time ever) that I agree with Jobsworth but didn’t we scout him? Didn’t we know what we were getting? Yes it’s tricky to adapt to the pace and physicality of the prem and you can’t always tell whether a player is cut out for it. But surely you know whether a player can pass a ball before you buy him? Especially if your entire philosophy is built on...passing. 

9 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

For whatever reason Amadou seems not to have worked, but at the time I am sure Webber and Farke thought he was a distinct improvement on what we had.

And ditto with Fahrmann. I remember Bethnal saying before the season began he expected Krul to start as first choice but Fahrmann to take over sooner or later. And I did. But there were no obvious errors by Krul early on to provide a reason to drop him. Add Roberts and it looks as if all three of our loan deals were mistakes.

I was never convinced about Fahrmann and had a lengthy exchange of posts with Bethnal about it at the time - I was quite sure Krul would start as first choice this season and would retain his place unless he had a shocker. To bring in a player of Fahrmann’s supposed pedigree as a number two keeper was a strange move imo.

Roberts, I assumed was coming in as a back up - I wasn’t expecting much from him (although probably slightly more than we saw!).

Amadou is the biggest disappointment as he was the only one I really saw being a big improvement on what we had. Unfortunately it doesn’t appear to have worked out. I think there’s also an element of Amadou suffering because he was the big signing. We all knew it was going to be difficult to stay up with he amount we spent, and so I think there were quite a few hopes pinned on Amadou being some sort of superman in the middle of the park. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Good news for Delia that he is off the bill

There is no automatic direct connection between Norwich City's finances and those of Delia. The only connection I can think of whereby she might well benefit would be if she decided to sell up to a rich investor, which is apparently - to the great annoyance of some posters - the one thing she will never do.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

IMO that’s utter bilge - our midfield that day v Villa was completely nondescript to the point of being dire and was widely blamed for the defeat. It’s intriguing that it’s now being revised to fit the blame on Amadou; he was no better or worse than anyone else and continued at cb into the Bournemouth game where we kept our first clean sheet.

The highlights are widely available - suggest you have another look. 

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The accounts are published every year. You can see for yourself, idiot. 

Did I mention the accounts? Idiot

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Did I mention the accounts? Idiot

I’ll spell it out for you. Delia. Doesn’t. Take. Money. From. The. Club. The overall wage bill is none of her concern. Hope that’s clear enough for you.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

I’ll spell it out for you. Delia. Doesn’t. Take. Money. From. The. Club. The overall wage bill is none of her concern. Hope that’s clear enough for you.

Did I say she took money from the club? Idiot

27 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

The highlights are widely available - suggest you have another look. 

Yeah, highlights are never ever misleading, are they, cherry picking a few plays out of 90 minutes

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m loving it.

Actually, total humiliation at the hands of Citeh at Wembley for Vile does have a nice ring to it.

14 hours ago, king canary said:

You can keep saying it, doesn't magically make it make sense.

How anyone can show consistency with 45 minutes in their preferred position is beyond me.

Perhaps he's so lacking that its evident enough in training to not have to prove it in public? 

Its a shame because we could really do with a good tackler in that midfield somewhere, and i'm sure he's one of those, but our entire philosphy is built on keeping possession and if he's being kept out of the side by Tettey then I'm guessing he's just not a great footballer. 

Problem is its not exactly easy to pull a Kante out of the bag is it, Tettey has proven a quality signing over time and the reason he's still here getting minutes is because its a difficult position to get right. Tettey under rated for years, unfortunately age isn't on his side and we're going to have to find the successor. I was hoping that would be Amadou.

14 hours ago, Indy said:

Nope but Nuff Said posts a little in the manner off Bill......could it be one-off bills many identities?

apologies if wrong! 😉

Wow, that’s a bit of a shocker! I’ll be vetting all my future posts for Bill-isms and taking them out immediately. 

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Wow, that’s a bit of a shocker! I’ll be vetting all my future posts for Bill-isms and taking them out immediately. 

Sorry matey, totally wrong.👍

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

:classic_biggrin:

So, do we know yet if Amadou is leaving? I had hopes the new guy Sitti might be a ready-made cdm but obviously not....can’t help but think losing Amadou (or anyone) without replacing him might yet leave us light.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

So, do we know yet if Amadou is leaving? I had hopes the new guy Sitti might be a ready-made cdm but obviously not....can’t help but think losing Amadou (or anyone) without replacing him might yet leave us light.

I don't know but... Transfer window is still open.... Just!

I mean, nobody really would have expected Duda and Rupp (especially the latter who came out of nowhere) as there weren't many rumours to start with.

I like our transfer strategy and the fact they fly under the radar with it.

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Sorry matey, totally wrong.👍

Before I go though, can I just be really pompous, point out the bleeding obvious and call you terminally dim? 😉

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Before I go though, can I just be really pompous, point out the bleeding obvious and call you terminally dim? 😉

Arghhhhhh! 😂

• Haha 1

In the absence of external investment if we can augment the broadcasting income cash pile by saving on players’ wages and/or transfer receipts, the longer we can subsidise our operating model back in the chumps.