Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Amadou off?

We can argue all day about players but in the end we have to leave it to the coaching staff. And there could be any number of reasons, not just football, why he hasn't settled into what DF wanted.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

You can keep saying it, doesn't magically make it make sense.

How anyone can show consistency with 45 minutes in their preferred position is beyond me.

Some people can just see whether there's a player there or not 😉

In my opinion, there isn't, at least not for us. Not been good enough. And he's played longer than 45 mins at DM.

To be fair, could also be the language barrier causing issues. Maybe he doesn't feel happy? Who knows. I just don't rate him... and don't think I haven't tried to like the dude!

Edited by BobLoz3

13 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Some people can just see whether there's a player there or not 😉

In my opinion, there isn't, at least not for us. Not been good enough. And he's played longer than 45 mins at DM.

To be fair, could also be the language barrier causing issues. Maybe he doesn't feel happy? Who knows. I just don't rate him... and don't think I haven't tried to like the dude!

Fair if you don't rate him- I just think 'lack of consistency' is such a weird issue when he's barely had any game time and most of it has been out of position. As someone else pointed out on this thread, even his poor 45 against Southampton involved him being asked to play two different positions in two different formations. Being consistent in that situation is difficult for any player.

Clearly if he was excelling in training etc he would have got into our side. People refer to the Arsenal game - he wasn't excellent. He was good, but not excellent. He was some distance away from MOTM.

His physical attributes are what I'd like to see in our midfield but maybe we should have read more into the fact he only made 7 appearances last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Clearly if he was excelling in training etc he would have got into our side. People refer to the Arsenal game - he wasn't excellent. He was good, but not excellent. He was some distance away from MOTM.

His physical attributes are what I'd like to see in our midfield but maybe we should have read more into the fact he only made 7 appearances last season.

He didn't make only 7 appearances last season.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

He didn't make only 7 appearances last season.

Starts I meant, sorry!

I don't think not being a regular starter for the team that came 6th in La Liga last season is such a huge red flag to be honest. 

Would be strange if he left and was not replaced by a central defender. 

Farke said we had enough central defenders and named Amadou as one of them. Yet we have had problems in this position and have always been one player down since Klose was injured. 

We let Famewo go and he's doing really well in Scotland. 

We should be looking to strengthen this position. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Would be strange if he left and was not replaced by a central defender. 

Farke said we had enough central defenders and named Amadou as one of them. Yet we have had problems in this position and have always been one player down since Klose was injured. 

We let Famewo go and he's doing really well in Scotland. 

We should be looking to strengthen this position. 

Perhaps they're going to risk that Klose will be fit enough to feature. Seems quite a risk, but I guess they know his progress and the medical reports and we don't. I wonder if the arrival of Rupp will lead to Amadou going. If he goes though and we don't bring another body in there is a danger that we'll be short in one of the 2 positions he can play in, which just to save a few hundred thousand in wages at this crucial point would seem pointless. Unless he's really peed off and doesn't want to be here any longer. I guess, like most stories on here that we like to speculate on, we don't actually know. It's frustrating.

Ideally you would want to scout these loan players before we sign them to see if they will add to our squad and have the attributes we want

It is becoming increasingly clear we just stick a number of names in a hat and just go for we ever comes out

you couldn’t make it up 

• Like 1

It is becoming increasingly clear we just stick a number of names in a hat and just go for we ever comes out

you couldn’t make it up 

But by putting that, you have.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

Ideally you would want to scout these loan players before we sign them to see if they will add to our squad and have the attributes we want

you couldn’t make it up 

You make stuff up all the time! 

5 minutes ago, Jobsworth Canary said:

you couldn’t make it up 

We need a stinking cold a-flu-ent Chinese investor....

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

... and don't think I haven't tried to like the dude!

But have you tried to like the Duda?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He was some distance away from MOTM.

I  think Onel was MOTM for the arsenal game according to whoscored.

Amadous passing always looked like the weak part of his game for farkeball but the stats dont necessarily confirm that - he is one of few players we have/had who could actually tackle though,  something our soft centre is missing. 

Curiously he is one of only 5 players to have won a whoscored MOTM award at Bournemouth at CB, along with Pukki (like Onel & amadou just once) Krul (2) and  Emi (6)

Here clearly has some talent,   just didnt quite fit.

55 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But have you tried to like the Duda?

I already do(da)!

Edited by BobLoz3
  • Like 1

We were all crying out for a CDM pre-season, most were saying Tettey and Trybull weren't up to it, so when he arrived, he fitted what we needed.  However, we quickly went to needing another centre half with Zimmermann, Klose and Hanley getting injured.  He played very well v Man City, but all 11 (14) did that day.  For whatever reason, he hasn't been able to dislodge Tettey or Trybull in the holding role, and with McLean doing well and now Vrancic, Duda and Rupp here, he's an expensive back-up CB - especially with Klose close (sorry) to being fit again and Godfrey available post-suspension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

His performance against Villa was so bad I don't think he could ever have recovered. He gave up in that game, and I don't think that is forgiveable whatever is happening on the pitch. It says something if his passing from a CDM perspective is so much worse than Tettey's (which has improved considerably under Farke). He did have a run of games at centre back - was brilliant against Man City, but never convinced after that.

It's true that all of our loans (Roberts, Fahrmann, Amadou) haven't worked out - good that they were loans and we didn't pay £20m or so for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

His performance against Villa was so bad I don't think he could ever have recovered. He gave up in that game, and I don't think that is forgiveable whatever is happening on the pitch. It says something if his passing from a CDM perspective is so much worse than Tettey's (which has improved considerably under Farke). He did have a run of games at centre back - was brilliant against Man City, but never convinced after that.

It's true that all of our loans (Roberts, Fahrmann, Amadou) haven't worked out - good that they were loans and we didn't pay £20m or so for them.

Exactly right, my dude!

I love Amadude........or is it Amadud......or Amaduda?

anybody conjugate Latin verbs?

Edited by Van wink

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I love Amadude........or is it Amadud......or Amaduda?

anybody conjugate Latin verbs?

Amado, amadas, amadat, amadamus, amadatis, amadant   :classic_rolleyes:

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

IMO that’s utter bilge - our midfield that day v Villa was completely nondescript to the point of being dire and was widely blamed for the defeat. It’s intriguing that it’s now being revised to fit the blame on Amadou; he was no better or worse than anyone else and continued at cb into the Bournemouth game where we kept our first clean sheet.

The grounds for criticism of Amadou against Villa are that he and Ben Godfrey allowed Wesley to out-think them, largely by finding space between them. It was poor and it shouldn't gave happened, but at the end of the day he was a midfielder filling-in as a defender.

Funny how we all see difference in performance, some on here say we’re unlucky to be bottom, Murphy said we’re the best footballing side to be bottom, yet we’re shipping goals, struggling to score and looking like a relegation certainty......Amadou was loaned in to add quality but like the other loan signings hasn’t warranted his place, so no loss if he goes back now, as we’re never going to meet the 9 million buy out.

Another to file away in that dusty room behind the book shelf in the second floor basement under the City Stand that's off limits to everyone but 'Top Men'.

Inside you'll find Ignasi Miguel, Jos Hooiveld, Joseph Yobo, and Yohan Elmander still waiting for the call up that'll never come...

"Who did you say will process Amadou's transfer business??"

"We've got top men working on it right now..."

"Who?"

"Top.

Men."

Edited by Half Ar5ed Hipster
Top. Men.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Amado, amadas, amadat, amadamus, amadatis, amadant   :classic_rolleyes:

Amadobam, Amadobas, Amadobat, Amadobamus, Amadobatis,Amadobant :classic_tongue: