Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Ban Football Chat in the Office?

Not just the PinkUn you spend most of the day on then hoggy as that popped up on Facebook about an hour ago. 😜

• Haha 1

If they ban footy chat cos the ladies feel left out, then they should also ban discussions on hairdos & getting your nails done but most of all, childbirth. Dont want or need to hear it. As I don't work in an office it doesn't affect me, but jaysus, what is the world becoming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Interesting that she feels women would feel left out - Isn't she actually CREATING sexism from nothing there?

More women than ever are into the sport and attend games regularly. My wife has a season ticket (by choice) and could frankly give a few armchair managers on here a run for there money on knowledge, tactics and mostly sensibility in debate. 

Also, the 2 women that sit near me in the Barclay really know their stuff.

I find it very strange that, being female, she would single females out in this way. Surely a more accurate line would be that it makes people not interested in the sport feel left out.

Anyway, I digress. It is an entirely idiotic notion regardless of who it supposedly leaves out.

What happens from here, we have to run every topic of conversation by everyone in earshot, just in case they are disinterested/offended?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I give up. I darn well give up. I'm off to Switzerland.

Hoping to catch Drmic's next international appearance? 

8 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Why not pop over to Paderborn with TiL 1010 to watch Sir Benny in action?

If in the unlikely event that i wanted to be reminded of Srbeny i will pop down to Sloughbottom Park on a Sunday morning as i am sure somebody of his ilk will be playing for a pub side.

You have to be of sound mind...

I think I used to have one but a nice peaceful death is better than the tripe that comes out of some peoples mouths about what I should and shouldn't be doing because it might upset just one bleddy person. To say it encourages laddish behaviour is stupid

Mind you I'd give her one:classic_rolleyes:

Absolutely pathetic attempt to censor everyday conversation.

We all have topics of interest to us that may or may not be of interest to others, but it's not for someone else to dictate what you discuss with others (unless it's a complete no-no topic like casual racism etc).

There's a shedload of topics that ladies often discuss that I have zero interest in like soap operas, fashion, diets or the new Maeve Binchy novel for example, yet I wouldn't ever demand that they be banned from talking about them in an office environment, just like I wouldn't expect them to demand I not talk about footy, PC's & gaming, fantasy novels or cars either.

And yes, I appreciate there may be a few stereotypes there, but it's purely for example purposes (and what I've heard women -  including my wife discussing with friends and colleagues).

It's also doing a bad disservice to many women who DO follow sport in the process.

Keep going at this rate and workplaces will be silent, as everything will become taboo to discuss for fear of potentially offending someone...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Keep going at this rate and workplaces will be silent, as everything will become taboo to discuss for fear of potentially offending someone...

Worth remembering this is just one idiot making a suggestion not something that is actually happening. 

• Like 1