Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Jamal to Palace?

7 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

If we start thinking that selling our only natural left back in January, who was also in the championship team of the year less than a year ago for 15m is good business because of 'lost confidence' then we are in big trouble. He turned 22 only 2 days ago, he has the potential to be worth far more than 15m in today's market.

I actually think he looked better than Aarons for a fair chunk of the start of the season.

He looked extremely nervous against Burnley. He's made some bad mistakes in defence earlier in the season, getting caught in possession too often.

Max was suffering too but seems to have got his mojo back. Perhaps Jamal will too, I don't know, Farke's in the best position to know.

However I suspect he won't go because I reckon CP are offering sub £10m & will be told (politely) to do one.

13 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

If we start thinking that selling our only natural left back in January, who was also in the championship team of the year less than a year ago for 15m is good business because of 'lost confidence' then we are in big trouble. He turned 22 only 2 days ago, he has the potential to be worth far more than 15m in today's market.

I actually think he looked better than Aarons for a fair chunk of the start of the season.

Absolutely 100% agree with this. £15mil is an absolute snip for a player of Lewis' ability, age and potential.

7 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

Helpful in adding to our cash pile of broadcasting income to mitigate player wages back in the chumps. New investment required.

What on earth has this got to do with a potential bid for Jamal Lewis?

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

He's made some bad mistakes in defence earlier in the season, getting caught in possession too often.

While I agree, It is hard to think of too many at the club who haven't fallen victim to this - particularly in our back four.

1 minute ago, HertsCanary93 said:

While I agree, It is hard to think of too many at the club who haven't fallen victim to this - particularly in our back four.

True, but he doesn't seem to have got over it yet. Perhaps he just needs more game time. Unfortunately it's a helluva gamble at the moment!

13 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

True, but he doesn't seem to have got over it yet. Perhaps he just needs more game time. Unfortunately it's a helluva gamble at the moment!

He has been a little less expressive than he was last season and he did start this season on fire, charging up the field at every opportunity, but has maybe had to adjust his game since then to try and find the right balance.  Maybe he is still trying to find that balance - luckily he has competition for his place so has the opportunity to take a step back sometimes and then come on again all the stronger. 

I thought he did well at Burnley.....their crowd gave him a whole load of stick earlier in the season after he made some c*ck ups in that game and they started off doing the same on Saturday - but he did well enough and they soon stopped doing it.

Full International.

15 Premier League Games.

Three years left on his contact.

Still first choice for me, needs to regain fitness and have a run in the side.

Talks of 10/12/15 Million are utterly rediculous.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daly said:

How many said Maddison was a great deal,  year on he’s probably trebled in value

If he was worth that to anyone at that time why did man Utd not pay £30 m for him then instead of the £80 m they appear to be offering now ?. He was a big risk at the time and who knows may never have progressed from the bench in most teams.

• Like 1

Fine by me if we’re not going to be selling.  But looking at it through non NCFC specs, I’d have thought the £15m mentioned wouldn’t be too far off what a buying side might want to pay for a defender who has fallen out of the first team in a side that is bottom by 6pts and has let in 2+ goals a game. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

58 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Full International.

15 Premier League Games.

Three years left on his contact.

Still first choice for me, needs to regain fitness and have a run in the side.

Talks of 10/12/15 Million are utterly rediculous.

This.

We are still in the Cup and have an outside chance of staying up. Lewis is on a long term contract and the club has said we do not need to sell anyone. Selling for a meagre £15m at the first opportunity does not make sense.

It won't happen.

The club has said it's not selling... if they did now I expect them to get a lot of "heat" from it. Selling one of your best players 6 points at the bottom would be a statement... but they are not so all good

I think the club has a more nuanced message,  not that they wont sell but that the do not need to sell and also have no plans to sell,  that does not mean  they wont.

And the latest PU report does not state that we wont sell, nor that they have not had interest,  but that there are no ongoing discussions nor that they are at an advanced stage.  All subtle differences;   but indicative that we should not be alarmed or expect an imminent departure.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

PinkUn now refuting the story which is good.

They should never have published the story in the first place. It's not a fact, it's not news, and it's not even opinion. 

It's just rumors, and shouldn't be repeated. 

32 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I think the club has a more nuanced message,  not that they wont sell but that the do not need to sell and also have no plans to sell,  that does not mean  they wont.

And the latest PU report does not state that we wont sell, nor that they have not had interest,  but that there are no ongoing discussions nor that they are at an advanced stage.  All subtle differences;   but indicative that we should not be alarmed or expect an imminent departure.

The issue would be a bigger bid, but that would be subjected to massive tax payment on profits, better off to sell the next financial year and off set profits by buying or upgrading facilities......can’t see any positives to selling this week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

The issue would be a bigger bid, but that would be subjected to massive tax payment on profits, better off to sell the next financial year and off set profits by buying or upgrading facilities......can’t see any positives to selling this week.

I'm not an accountant, but last year's losses (£38m) would surely reduce the tax bill on any profits in the current financial year?

• Like 1

He has not kicked on in the way, an manner many thought he would and the team looks better with Byram in it, if get 15 then we should take it otbc😄

Maybe its just me but I thought our left side looked better with Jamal there and Byram on the right this weekend. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Maybe its just me but I thought our left side looked better with Jamal there and Byram on the right this weekend. 

Max is awesome and will deffo be back for the Newcastle game😄

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

If he was worth that to anyone at that time why did man Utd not pay £30 m for him then instead of the £80 m they appear to be offering now ?. He was a big risk at the time and who knows may never have progressed from the bench in most teams.

I seem to remember the structure of the Maddison deal with Leicester included a significant amount of the total fee up front - which we needed at the time?

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

I'm not an accountant, but last year's losses (£38m) would surely reduce the tax bill on any profits in the current financial year?

Yes you can off set last financial years debt against the current years profits just confirmed by my accountant. Got that wrong! So yes any sale will off set debt to 38 million.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Indy said:

Yes you can off set last financial years debt against the current years profits just confirmed by my accountant. Got that wrong! So yes any sale will off set debt to 38 million.

yes Indy you can but only once ! so we Start with minus 38 then we add the sky money and then on top players sales , would still be a very healthy profit and big tax bill unless they spent it 

35 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes Indy you can but only once ! so we Start with minus 38 then we add the sky money and then on top players sales , would still be a very healthy profit and big tax bill unless they spent it 

Yes so it would make sense not to sell till May. Offset profits into next financial year.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes so it would make sense not to sell till May. Offset profits into next financial year.

Yes but like you will know that Not all the money will be paid upfront so the club could ask for that in a way that it could be spread over certain tax years etc 

my concern is that if Lewis Aarrons , Godfrey , Cantwell get their heads turned if or when we go down what the club will do , In my eyes the club will have to spend that money somewhere unless there will be a Tax bill heading there way , maybe improve the ground etc ,