Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Jamal to Palace?

Can’t see it happening. Max to go over the summer, Byram to right back and Lewis back on the left.

I am not sure his value is going to increase. He did alright Saturday but his final ball isn't the best. Byram has done a very good job and is as good. So cash in while his value is high.

• Like 2

Even if Byram is playing better at the moment, our young players such as Lewis are only going to get better, we really need to keep hold of him. And as Nuff Said says, if Max goes then him and Byram can both play.

It would be bizarre to sanction such a move. Cant see it being true 

Really? £15m for a player that can’t get in our team = a very poor deal?  Imo it very much depends what that money is then spent on.

• Like 1

Also worth noting we'd be left with only Byram to play left back, so likely would have to spend at least some of the Lewis fee on another left back.

We’d be stupid if we were to sell any of our defenders without others coming in - it’s hardly a part of the pitch we’re well stocked in - you’d have to assume plans were in place.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’d be stupid if we were to sell any of our defenders without others coming in - it’s hardly a part of the pitch we’re well stocked in - you’d have to assume plans were in place.

We're making plans for Nigel. 😉

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Some of the Palace forums talking about a fee of £15m. That would be a very poor deal if true.

If we were to sell, £15m sounds about right to me. He's hardly set the world on fire this season 

Surely the only way this flies is if Palace are:

A. Offering way, way over the odds (he's homegrown, young, our only natural left-back, and we don't need to sell)

B. The offer for some reason is much higher than we would otherwise get in the Summer

C. We have a suitable replacement lined up (having already been stung by an overload of injuries to defenders, and knowing Byrams record)

Because of the home grown situation, I believe we would automatically have to drop a non-HG from the squad if a native leaves. 

I'd be really surprised if we went in for this. 

He's lost confidence, that's for sure. Rarely takes players on & passes back too often. I think £15m would be good business.

• Haha 1

How many said Maddison was a great deal,  year on he’s probably trebled in value

4 minutes ago, daly said:

How many said Maddison was a great deal,  year on he’s probably trebled in value

But we knew that. We had to sell him & we got the best price we could - he was a Champs. player don't forget.

Not sure Jamal's got the same potential. Love the guy though, & will follow his career with interest & hope he does well wherever he ends up.

8 minutes ago, daly said:

He wouldn't have trebled in value staying at Norwich though- the reason he's now worth so much is he's proving he can do it at the top end of the Premier League, another season in the Championship wouldn't have done much.

• Like 6

For me it is all about the transfer fee,  a winter window increase would make it attractive;   Lewis is extremely capable at EFL level and did well against spurs and in the cup games.  However Byram has been the better defender and that is why he has started.   

It will be a shame to see him go but this is our strategy;   bring players through and sell at the highest possible price to reinvest in the next bright young things.   

I would say it is easier to replace a full back than a dcm or cb,  so while he will be a loss I would wish him well and await the next star.   

• Like 1

This would be a ridiculous decision to sell jamal our only recognised lb, he was quality last year and start of this year. Nothing less than 20 mill. Got to remember hes young and full of potential 

Might be something in it, Van Aanholt their only recognised left back who has been out injured (now back I think) is heavily linked with a move to PSV

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

He's lost confidence, that's for sure. Rarely takes players on & passes back too often. I think £15m would be good business.

If we start thinking that selling our only natural left back in January, who was also in the championship team of the year less than a year ago for 15m is good business because of 'lost confidence' then we are in big trouble. He turned 22 only 2 days ago, he has the potential to be worth far more than 15m in today's market.

I actually think he looked better than Aarons for a fair chunk of the start of the season.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, king canary said:

Also worth noting we'd be left with only Byram to play left back, so likely would have to spend at least some of the Lewis fee on another left back.

Agree with this, selling him without getting a replacement would leave us with just 2 full backs-Byram and Aarons-for the rest of the season. I can't see that Rupp has ever played at either RB or LB in his career-I suspect that he would be no better than when Stieperman was playing at LB in the 2017/18 season.

Just now, HertsCanary93 said:

If we start thinking that selling our only natural left back in January, who was also in the championship team of the year less than a year ago for 15m is good business because of 'lost confidence' then we are in big trouble. He turned 22 only 2 days ago, he has the potential to be worth far more than 15m in today's market.

I actually think he looked better than Aarons for a fair chunk of the start of the season.

Agree. Think he's been a bit unlucky to be out of the team recently.