Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Klopp being a tw*t

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If he'd paid Shrewsbury a bit more respect and played a stronger team he'd have had his winter break. 

That team beat Everton in the previous round. 

I get the argument but in trying to do a League / CL double the FA cup needs to be used to rest players. The daft thing is having replays during the break.

8 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I agree with him in this instance, you either have a winter break or you don’t. 

I started off being outraged by it, thinking he is being disrespectful to the competition but when I've read more, I agree with this. He got a letter from the Premier League asking them to respect the break and to not organise any games, he's respecting that request.

You can't have it both ways; there either is, or isn't a break. He's obviously doing it to cause a bit of outrage so that there are clear rules or at least guidelines next time.

I hate Liverpool with a passion but just to give this some balance they have played 39 games so far this season with still 3 months to go.

Of course those ridiculous fixtures in the in the Super Cup and World Club Championship played half way round the other side of the world did not help but i imagine it was a commitment placed upon them by the authorities rather than choice a bit like entry into the FA Cup.

The answer is simple. Clubs are not forced to enter the FA Cup or the Carabao Cup. They have to send their applications to play in these competitions. Klopp can tell his board he values his winter break more than the World’s oldest cup competition and doesn’t want Liverpool entered. That should please their fans no end.

40 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

That team beat Everton in the previous round. 

I get the argument but in trying to do a League / CL double the FA cup needs to be used to rest players. The daft thing is having replays during the break.

They were lucky to beat a very poor Everton side, who really should have won quite comfortably. The Liverpool youngsters are talented lads but they don't create a lot and it was a big ask for them to do it again having got away with it a bit vs Everton. That said, I suppose they earned their crack. Irrespective of that, replays haven't suddenly "become a thing" and Klopp knew the possibilities. If he wanted to avoid one, play a stronger team. 

Daft to have replays during the break? If you're Liverpool, maybe. It's the FA Cup. The break is for the Premier League. If you don't like the format of the FA Cup, don't enter it. If they were 16 points BEHIND Man City, I guarantee they'd have a different attitude too. So **** em. :classic_biggrin:

Dont see a problem with fielding the youngsters. That's what the squad is for but I do think he should be in the dugout because he is the manager of Liverpool fc. 

A team with Adrian, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, Origi plus subs like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firminho, Keita & Alexander-Arnold should have beaten Shrewsbury. 8 of them were in the Champions League final squad FFS.

He knew beforehand that there was the possibility of a replay and when it would be played.  To cry wolf now is massively disrespecting the competition and Shrewsbury.

I think the bottom line is that unlike others I don't particularly hate Liverpool or Jurgen. 

I accept that the winter break is for the league and not the cup but they can’t ask teams to refrain from friendlies and then expect them to play cup replays, just daft. I’d happily have all cup ties decided on the day but give lower league clubs the choice of where to play the game. 

The problem is that the Premier League is a law unto itself separate from the rest of English football. The Premier League schedules according to its interests and ultimately will not do anything to accomodate the rest of football in England. 

If the FA and Premier League were working together then the Premier League would reschedule to allow the Winter break, but the Premier League is too important, so Liverpool has been caught in the middle. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, wooster said:

I think Klopp is a real star and we are lucky to have him in the EPL.

If you get upset by the demotion of the League Cup or the FA Cup then I'm afraid, sadly, that you're Luddites that misunderstand that it is the EPL or the ECL that is where the money is nowadays.  Our quaint old cup competitions (and the League Cup really isn't that old) are now marginalised.

That said, a good run in the FA Cup would do us no harm.

Fixed it for you. 

• Thanks 1

Guy is going to self implode one day 

he’s got “mental breakdown leading to public exposure” written all over him

There is no need for a winter break.

Players play less games than they ever did before

We have under soil heating

The pitches are no longer muddy

Rarely are fixtures postponed because of weather

Winters are getting warmer

Squads are bigger with multi £million players sitting on the bench week after week and barely getting a game

In 1963 over 400 matches were postponed but we coped

In the same year the FA Cup third round tie between Lincoln City and Coventry City was postponed 15 times

This is England, not Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Norway or Sweden.

These Foreigners come over here and think they own the place

I do not want to watch football in the summer

10 months (August to May) is plenty long enough to fit all the PL, FA Cup & League Cup, fixtures in.

• Confused 1

Squads are bigger with multi £million players sitting on the bench week after week and barely getting a game

In the same year the FA Cup third round tie between Lincoln City and Coventry City was postponed 15 times

10 months (August to May) is plenty long enough to fit all the PL, FA Cup & League Cup, fixtures in.

Pretty much sums it up. I always remember George Best saying he wasn't envious of modern players but he just wished they would shut up moaning. They were privileged and apart from a few public appearances, and all they had to do was turn up for training and then play. Everything else is done for them. If people in factories moaned as much they would be told to shut up. Wise words.

10 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Brilliant post.

28 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Little England at it's finest.

These foreigners come over here and enable our clubs to win European and world club trophies so whilst they don't "own the place" they certainly do have a say. 

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Little England at it's finest.

These foreigners come over here and enable our clubs to win European and world club trophies so whilst they don't "own the place" they certainly do have a say. 

Cough (2), Paisley (3), Ferguson (2), Stein, Busby, Fagan, Revie (2), Nicholson, Greenwood, Mercer, Sexton, Kendall, Graham, Robson, Roeder, Redknapp, Gregory, Harvey, Mee

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Until you started banging on about Foreigners I was in full agreement with you. You just had to go and spoil it though! 

14 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Cough (2), Paisley (3), Ferguson (2), Stein, Busby, Fagan, Revie (2), Nicholson, Greenwood, Mercer, Sexton, Kendall, Graham, Robson, Roeder, Redknapp, Gregory, Harvey, Mee

Don't forget the British Empire...

As a country we are just hosts to the gravy train. Nothing more.

15 minutes ago, JF said:

Until you started banging on about Foreigners I was in full agreement with you. You just had to go and spoil it though! 

There is a rumour that Klopp maybe of Foreign extraction

6 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

There is a rumour that Klopp maybe of Foreign extraction

There is a rumour going around he comes from the same place as our manager. The outrage of it, Farke coming over here, taking English managers jobs, thinking he owns the place...

39 minutes ago, JF said:

There is a rumour going around he comes from the same place as our manager. The outrage of it, Farke coming over here, taking English managers jobs, thinking he owns the place...

I can’t believe a winter break comment has lead to a debate about foreign footballers being to blame! How bloody stupid, that and that bloody sexist comment from that women today about banning men talking about sport in the workplace.......what’s the world coming too! 

The foreigners have done so much for our game and country yet not appreciated by some blinkered views. Shame!

Edited by Indy

I was thinking earlier about the cups. I think the gap these days between the level of player that a team like Shrewsbury have and the big 6 have has never been wider.

Back in the days when even players from the top clubs would smoke and drink in he pub with the fans, the gap probably wasnt so wide.

These days clubs pay £50m for a full back. The competition could easily become an embarrassment for smaller teams if players like Salah rinse their players.

Whilst it may stink of insult and arrogance, it probably provides a more competitve contest in the competition and provides a valuable experience for the Liverpool youngsters, with many clubs opting to keep the faith with the kids should they progress, ie it's their cup run.

Im not sure anyone would wish to see lower league team humiliated

10 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I was thinking earlier about the cups. I think the gap these days between the level of player that a team like Shrewsbury have and the big 6 have has never been wider.

Back in the days when even players from the top clubs would smoke and drink in he pub with the fans, the gap probably wasnt so wide.

These days clubs pay £50m for a full back. The competition could easily become an embarrassment for smaller teams if players like Salah rinse their players.

Whilst it may stink of insult and arrogance, it probably provides a more competitve contest in the competition and provides a valuable experience for the Liverpool youngsters, with many clubs opting to keep the faith with the kids should they progress, ie it's their cup run.

Im not sure anyone would wish to see lower league team humiliated

I think if you asked any of the players they would want to play against the big name players, they want to test themselves against the best... That's not even to mention the attendences, lower league against prem are almost always a sellout at the lower league ground, would that be the case if they knew it was only a reserve team coming? 

I think if you asked any of the players they would want to play against the big name players, they want to test themselves against the best... That's not even to mention the attendences, lower league against prem are almost always a sellout at the lower league ground, would that be the case if they knew it was only a reserve team coming? 

Dead right Sam. The gap between the EPL and L! and L2 is growing as we speak. I don't think it does the EPL clubs any harm to compromise maybe once a season to accommodate lower tier clubs. Its not like they don't shove out the first team in the last eight if they are drawn against other EPL clubs.
It is a lack of respect for what has gone on in the past to get them to the level they are at now.

Clearly this is not good for football. Shame for the Shrewsbury players and fans for their big day out.

But still not as bad as Ferguson when Man U were allowed by the FA to not enter the competition at all, as the were in the world club cup that year.

But the ruling authority were always scared of Ferguson.