Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Klopp being a tw*t

First thing to get out of the way is I dont like Klopp and never have. Always get the feeling hes a media darling because he smiles and says a few nice snippets but equally some of the stuff he comes out with, if Mourinho had said it hed be public enemy number one.

This latest stuff from him re FA Cup is all a bit pathetic.

Not only is it disrespecting a competition he knew Liverpool would be involved in when he first took the job, it's also pretty disrespectful to Shrewsbury.

Its Klopp and he smiles alot so not much will be made of it but for me I think its poor.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Let's hope he keeps his word and Shrewsbury grabs a good win there. 

Aye, I could make it up to Shrewsbury for a midweeker.

Although I think this is hugely disrespectful and a classless move, Klopps argument about respecting the winter break does make you wonder why,when agreeing to this new winter break, no one thought to legislate for the fa cup.

Having said that,  hopefully Shrewsbury beat them and we draw them at home in the next round

All PL teams are getting a minimum of 10 days off, most are getting more, but tbh I can’t particularly see why they need that.  PL footballers should get real and see what it’s like way down the pyramid, in leagues where players are paid sod all and not treated like near-royalty

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 3

The FA Cup is the oldest national football competition in the world and if teams can't respect that they should forfeit it.

I seriously commend the idea of a European League that the money teams can finally f*** off to.

Apart from Leicester 2015-16, it's all gotten too boring and predictable.

I think Klopp is a real star and we are lucky to have him in the EPL.

If you get upset by the demotion of the League Cup or the FA Cup then I'm afraid, sadly, that you're Luddites that misunderstand that it is the EPL or the ECL that is where the action is nowadays.  Our quaint old cup competitions (and the League Cup really isn't that old) are now marginalised.

That said, a good run in the FA Cup would do us no harm.

• Like 1

I can understand his views given the amount of games they’ve had to play, but disrespecting the FA cup isn’t good. The only way to give the FA cup it’s glory status is too award the winner a Champios league spot and take it away from finishing 4.

That boy Cummings  stopped him being too smug. Great Pen and cool finish.   He just  pi$$ed cos hes got so many plates spinning,  stress,  that's all it is.  It's tough at the top. 

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

I can understand his views given the amount of games they’ve had to play, but disrespecting the FA cup isn’t good. The only way to give the FA cup it’s glory status is too award the winner a Champios league spot and take it away from finishing 4.

Agree, this is what they should do, a Champions League spot to the winner. Imagine how seriously Arsenal and Man Utd would be taking it then (to be fair, OSG clearly was taking it seriously with that line up!). 

Could also do something innovative to increase the prize pot all the way down the rounds. 

Like taking a 1% tax on transfer fees and using that to make the prize money more lucrative for every round of the competition, I'd like to see a £50m transfer see £500k go into the FA Cup prize fund, which will benefit teams all the way down to the qualifying rounds. Would not only give the ultimate prize to teams in our league, but also serve as a means of wealth distribution all the way down to the King's Lynn's of this world. 

The FA should take steps to protect the status of their cup. 

57 minutes ago, wooster said:

Our quaint old cup competitions (and the League Cup really isn't that old) are now marginalised.

Easily fixed, see Indy's suggestion. Only teams who would still be considering not taking it seriously this year if a Champions League spot was on offer is Man City and Liverpool. 

26 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Are we having a winter break or not? 

This just shows you the wisdom of those that are running the FA. 

The problem - as has often been the case in the last few years - is that the Premier League and the FA are distinct organisations with distinct priorities. The Premier League brought in the midwinter break - but as the name suggests, the FA Cup is the FA's competition. 

5 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I agree with him in this instance, you either have a winter break or you don’t. 

Same here tbh

• Like 1

I can never understand those who look a gift horse in the mouth. Klopp has done a good job a t Liverpool and that is undeniable but he shows little humility and respect for our game.

So by Woosters reckoning, if the World Club Championship is taken over by Greenland and played on ice and becomes the most important competition, then we should forget about the EPL.

Nonsense. Just because something is old doesn't mean it is redundant and unimportant. You respect everything because it is your breadwinner. And if Barcelona come in with a fantastic offer, he will clear off. Their reign is temporary and their views equally so.

6 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I agree with him in this instance, you either have a winter break or you don’t. 

If he'd paid Shrewsbury a bit more respect and played a stronger team he'd have had his winter break. 

• Like 2

Never mind, wait until the toss*rs win the league for the first time in 30 years and the premiership for the first time. Liverpool as a club and their fans are worldbeaters and perpetual victims. 

7 minutes ago, City fan said:

Never mind, wait until the toss*rs win the league for the first time in 30 years and the premiership for the first time. Liverpool as a club and their fans are worldbeaters and perpetual victims. 

The procession through Liverpool after the latest Champions League win was enjoyable, Liverpudlians know how to have a party-I'll be there again in May 😉

We effectively have two separate organisations running domestic football, and the Premier League are comfortably the top dog. It is a corporation in its own right and nothing to do with the FA Cup, other than that their clubs agree to take part. The PL asked every club to respect the winter break by not organising overseas tours etc - then the FA schedule replays during the winter break.

It's a farcical situation - as is asking players to play so many games over late December/early January. We either reduce the number of teams in our leagues, restrict European games or International breaks or extend the season - or we have teams like Liverpool and Chelsea retaining 50 players in the squads.

Oxford will have to play 9 games in January because of replays and other commitments - it doesn't just apply at the top. There are just too many competitions, so I don't see it as an issue when some managers prioritise; that's what they're paid for. In our case, it works for the moment, but not for Liverpool.

• Like 1

Clearly he is trying to make a point here... and to be honest, I think he possibly has one. The scheduling nightmare caused by all these replays doesn't just effect premier league teams.

A lot of arm chair 'athletes' across the internet saying that they would happily play 7 times a week for 100k a week... This is elite athletics and not compatible to 'Steve from Swansea' who plays 5 a side twice a week and a Sunday league game - or my 9-5 office job.

In the end it is the game that suffers when you get tired performances and injuries from over-playing at the ridiculous intensity that elite sport is played at.

I believe Klopp himself said he would happily play every game to lower league opposition away from home (and hence give them the financial boost), if it meant no replays.

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

If he'd paid Shrewsbury a bit more respect and played a stronger team he'd have had his winter break. 

Yep, he decided to play all his youngsters and because it backfired he now lashes out at the FA.

I don’t see why so many are getting their hair off with Klopp! He’s played the team he saw fit against Shrewsbury, didn’t win and the replay is in the winter break, so he’s stated his first team will focus on winning the league and he’ll play his youngsters managed by their manager. Why so angry, every team played their weaker side in this competition including us, our priority is to stay up and as such have rested a lot of our first team too against Burnley.

The competition is disrespected by all top clubs now, Liverpool are no different to any other team.

Edited by Indy

Utter disrespect;

To the cometition, to Shrewsbury and to his own players.

That said there is no reason for FA Cup, EFL Cup and a EFL Trophy.

Teams dont want to be in so many competitions and it devalues everything.

The problem for the top clubs isn't the domestic competitions, it's uefa (and FIFA) cashing in my increasing their competitions. Before we had 98 teams in the "champions" league and a uefa cup with group rounds etc. This was far less of a problem... Bring back the days of straight knockout tournaments, reintroduce jeopardy for the big teams, have some fairytale cup winners!