Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Newcastle

On 28/01/2020 at 12:46, ron obvious said:

I'm one of his biggest fans but I wouldn't call him mobile. It's his ability to anticipate that enables to disrupt oppositions. He's in trouble if a really quick player gets a start on him.

Hanley's surprisingly fast BTW (once he gets going).

Its the changing direction bit that's more of a challenge

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

On 28/01/2020 at 16:07, ged in the onion bag said:

........there's definitely something brewing with this squad.... something that suggests were staying up!   

Only 2 players in our squad have scored more than 1 league goal this season.

We simply don't have enough goals in our team to stay up, nothing is brewing. 

Would be nice to do the double over Newcastle, but I'll go 1-1 Pukki penalty :classic_biggrin:

I'm watching Leicester v Chelsea at the moment, a great game home side 2-1 up at the mo. And it's a good veiw, unlike that at Newcastle plus it's too far to travel, so I've given it a miss.

Disappointed to see Buendia on the bench myself 

Edited by JF

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Disappointed to see Buendia on the bench myself 

Not fit to start = not fit to play. Not sure about the creativity of that midfield for a must win match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not fit to start = not fit to play. Not sure about the creativity of that midfield for a must win match.

Is that what’s been said? In my opinion if you’re not fit to start then you’re not fit enough to be on the bench 

6 minutes ago, JF said:

Is that what’s been said? In my opinion if you’re not fit to start then you’re not fit enough to be on the bench 

It's a question of matchplay stamina over 90 minutes and that he will have lost the edge on that in his lay off.   If he is able to give a good twenty minutes if we need him, it's a good thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's a question of matchplay stamina over 90 minutes and that he will have lost the edge on that in his lay off.   If he is able to give a good twenty minutes if we need him, it's a good thing.

Then I’d rather he started the match so we’ve the creativity to go out and try to win this must win match from the off, if he begins to tire around the 60 minutes mark then sub him. If we bring him on with 20 to go it will be because we’re chasing the game. Just my opinion but I’d have started him as this is the very definition of a must win game today 

8 minutes ago, JF said:

Then I’d rather he started the match so we’ve the creativity to go out and try to win this must win match from the off, if he begins to tire around the 60 minutes mark then sub him. If we bring him on with 20 to go it will be because we’re chasing the game. Just my opinion but I’d have started him as this is the very definition of a must win game today 

Sorry Jf but thats not footy management sense. A player returning who's injury is healed is better used as a sub playing less minutes, because starting him could lead to fatigue and further injury. I imagine Farke is hoping he wont have to play Emi at all today.