Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Who do you want to go down?

A chance to think about which teams you'd most like to see in the bottom 3 come May 2020....for me top of my list is David 'I win' Moyes and his West Ham. Add to that the objectionable ownership and Karen Brady's spikey comments about us pre-season ...after all, just how much have they spent to leave themselves year after year around the drop zone? Money isn't everything.

Second from bottom has to be Bournemouth, who are so often the media darlings. About time to call their day on the PL. A chance then for a reappraisal of Eddie Howe's credentials.

Third from bottom (after a last minute goal against them in the final weekend game) must be Aston Villa. With Jack and Tyrone ready to try and jump ship after previously confessing how much they owe to Villa ( but only in the Prem).

Now, there may well be some wishful (if not spiteful) thinking in this list. Any other (realistic) teams you would prefer to be relegated?

FFP cheats Bournemouth.....and it would certainly be interesting to see what sort of financial shape Villa would be in were they to go down too.

...as for a 3rd?...if it isnt us, remember West Ham fans being less than magnanamous on the way out of the london stadium back in august boasting they were a top 6 side this season....to see them hovering around the bottom 3 5 months later is hilarious

If we are assuming we are one of the three then would like to see Villa come down as reckon theyd be a mess and little competition next season.

My wife.

Edit - Ahem, sorry for that. I agree with the original suggestion. Definitely Bournemouth, Villa and West Ham, unless we can go completely unrealistic and wish for Man Utd?

Edited by All the Germans

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If we are assuming we are one of the three then would like to see Villa come down as reckon theyd be a mess and little competition next season.

The question was who would you like to be in the bottom three, so hopefully no-one will put us in the bottom three  in that context! 🙃

For me it's clear -

West Ham

Bournemouth

Villa 

...........with us on 41 points, which is what Leicester managed to do from a similar position to us in 2015 with 7 wins and three draws in their last 14 games....it's been done so how can anyone write us off!  

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

It would truly be a season of bliss & unbridled joy to watch a slow & painful Man United relegation. Just imagining the whining, finger-pointing & hand-wringing almost brings a subtle tear to these old eyes.

Villa, West Ham, Newcastle. Really like Newcastle as a club and a city, but the sooner the Geordies get their club back from Mike Ashley the better, and relegation might help precipitate that. No strong attachment to any of the clubs in the mix, to be honest, but I like the way Graham Potter and Eddie Howe play so I think I'd prefer their sides to stay up.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

West Ham, Villa and Brighton for me. 

Who was that obnoxious ** who came on here from Brighton? 

adam1972 (or similar number)... thankfully he either got bored or banned.

46 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The question was who would you like to be in the bottom three, so hopefully no-one will put us in the bottom three  in that context! 🙃

For me it's clear -

West Ham

Bournemouth

Villa 

...........with us on 41 points,

So we've got 17pts from 24 games but we're gonna get 24pts from the last 14 games.

No chance

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

So we've got 17pts from 24 games but we're gonna get 24pts from the last 14 games.

No chance

Well Leicester did - Vardy only got 5 goals, their top scorer Ulloa only got 13 goals.  Their last fourteen games - and particularly the last 9 games were superb. We can be superb too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well Leicester did - Vardy only got 5 goals, their top scorer Ulloa only got 13 goals.  Their last fourteen games - and particularly the last 9 games were superb. We can be superb too.

And Leicester won the league so by your reckoning the title will be ours in 2021.

I think that clear fresh air up there where you live is doing things to your brain

Just now, Making Plans said:

And Leicester won the league so by your reckoning the title will be ours in 2021.

I think that clear fresh air up there where you live is doing things to your brain

Well why not?  Leicester clearly got impetus and confidence from the success at the tail end of the previous season and with a few extra players brought in, they were good value for their title.  I wouldn't be so bold as to predict we would win the title, but if we did somehow survive this season, next season would look a whole sight more exciting on the strength of that success.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

You mean "why not" like we were going to finish 4th this season

If things had gone in our favour, like injuries particularly, we might have picked up quite a few more points than we have. Sheff Utd have done well and we could have done too.

• Like 1

Brighton, Villa, Bournemouth for me but a special mention for West Ham and Watford too, any 3 of those 5 would suit me but I feel it will be us Bournemouth and Villa.

West Ham :- Billy big b0((0cks attitude of a club 

Aston Villa :- just for the laugh

Man city :- Just so those who state 'they were there before the money flowed in' can get their club back :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

What does that have to do with what they did in the season LDC is talking about? Leicester were poor for 30 games or so in that 14/15 season then went on an amazing run at the end. I think we’ll go down but it won’t be the biggest surprise in history if we do survive.

as for the OP my answer would be affected if we were one of the teams to go down (in which case I’d want it to be Bournemouth and Villa.  My actual answer otherwise would be Watford, Brighton and West ham (of realistic options)

• Like 1

Villa would be funny.

Don't hugely care who else, West Ham could also be funny but they'd also be a tough one to compete against next season. 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Villa would be funny.

Don't hugely care who else, West Ham could also be funny but they'd also be a tough one to compete against next season. 

...unless we stay up 🙃

I thought there would be a few at least  who would say they want us to go down,  since they’ve said how they would prefer us to play in a league without VAR and because the football is more entertaining in the Championship.

Seems I'm the only one who wouldn't mind us going down.
Don't get me wrong the riches and stability of the premier league is very welcomed, and I've enjoyed watching some of the brilliant football against arguably some of the best teams in the world! however, another season of VAR as it is currently I'd find frustrating.
At least if we were down in the Champs we'd be able to celebrate goals again and not have "offside" goals given when onside (Pukki @ Tottenham)!!
I really hope that VAR is sorted next year regardless of the league we're in as it is ruining the game!

That being said, I'm going on the feelings of last year season to this years. A year of Euphoria compared to a year of frustration. It'd be naive of me to think we'd go down and walk the league due to the quality of some of the squads. I also try to forget the seasons of finishing mid table championship, or the pain of losing play offs.

So two answers - Bournemouth, Villa and West Ham to go down
Or Bournmouth, Villa and Us

10 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

I thought there would be a few at least  who would say they want us to go down,  since they’ve said how they would prefer us to play in a league without VAR and because the football is more entertaining in the Championship.

To be fair from a purely selfish point of view I would be happy to be one of the three. More games, better kick off times, no VAR and more Norwich wins generally. 

Equally, if we did stay up from here it would mean the rest of the season would be incredibly exciting and i'd like to be a part of that.

For me I’d love Brighton as their fans have forgotten their values and act all Leeds now,, West Ham just because they have a board of very dodgy people with that sanctimonious Brady, they cheated their way into getting a free stadium then used the tax payers money to change it to suite football then pay a token rent, with money from the sale of their ground into their squad, last Villa just hate them full stop.