Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

Pukki/Drmic

Perhaps we should consider starting with Pukki and Drmic.

Yesterday Drmic unsettled the Burnley defence from the start which gave us the upper hand early on. His aerial ability is not only an advantage in defending set pieces but also scoring from set pieces.

Yesterday was an example of how our greatest asset could be the cause of our worst problems?

Our style relies upon having those three attacking midfielders to support a striker. I can't see how we could accommodate two strikers with our current system; it's even more difficult to play a possession-based game when you've got two up top. I guess the best way to do it would be having Tettey/Trybull alongside Vrancic/McLean with Buendia and Cantwell as narrow wingers in a 4-4-2, but having just signed Duda specifically to play as a number 10 I can't see how it'd work. If you had a midfield diamond with Duda behind two strikers, that'd put way too much player on the Tettey/Trybull player at the base of the diamond.

4 minutes ago, Since 1980 said:

Dr Mic is good at tap ins - yet to see any more goals.

At least he seems to have the knack to be in the positions necessary to tap them in. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

At least he seems to have the knack to be in the positions necessary to tap them in. 

That is a most important ability in a striker. Pukki is a different kind of forward and I doubt whether he would have been in that position for the second goal. 

1 hour ago, Since 1980 said:

Normally so close he can't miss.

I imagine that Gary Lineker probably scored 150 such goals in his career - it's a good knack to have. 

• Like 1