Sign in to follow this  
yellowandgreen

Best bottom of the league team ever

2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Interesting that Paul Hawksbee on talkSPORT (a Spurs fan) described us  on Thursday as by the far the best bottom team he’d ever seen in terms of our passing, attacking play and approach to the game, citing naivety in both boxes as our issue. That would be my main criticism this season, we just haven’t looked streetwise enough of the time. 

Agree with this. I can see us continuing to play our football in the same manner next year (in whatever league) and yet this team (if we can keep a kernel) will have been seasoned. We have just not had good enough finishing that so characterised last season. We do need some new blood. I'm liking so far what I've seen of Rupp.

When Ajax concede a goal at home, their PA system blares out Bob Marley......

"Please dont worry,  about a thing, cos every little thing,  is gonna be alright.'

This backs up their  playing and Club philosophy, which is not dissimilar to ours.

This season I've been trying to remember that when we concede, that there's  more minutes,  more games and more seasons to carry on the change of direction our Club has taken , a work in progress,  so I'm not worrying,  about a thing cos........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mind the gap said:

Well done Ron. A typical yokel reply.

You keep enjoying all those defeats.

Ooh aar I blame it on all that skool larnin', filling me 'ed fulla Cartesian Dualism an' such ...

Hard to argue with that assessment. We're just not as tall, strong or fast as all of the hoofball teams occupying the majority of this league so it's hard for us to get results but we're still a good team that would do well in every other league. We almost match every top team we play and just get hacked out of games and hit on the counter or with set pieces/high crosses against the poor teams. 

The PL has become a shockingly poor league to watch in recent years because of the increased emphasis on survival at all costs. I'd argue it's the worst league to watch in the whole world. Watching Palace v Burnley, West Ham v Newcastle or Sheff Utd v Watford or any combination of those fixtures would be boring and depressing as hell. Watching 100m+ squads play non league quality football against each other is awful to watch. 

We do have a good team, we're just not physical enough for this league and we don't quite have the quality of the top teams to win by out playing the opposition. 

If we get this miracle and survive... it will go down as one of the greatest moments in our clubs history. It'll be 24 months of absolute overachieving against all the odds. Farke will go down in folklore.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

If we get this miracle and survive... it will go down as one of the greatest moments in our clubs history. It'll be 24 months of absolute overachieving against all the odds. Farke will go down in folklore.

Indeed.

Such was the transition from when DF came to now with our playing staff, that if we survived this season against the odds, it could in all likelihood kick start a terrific era for us as a club. 

Then he would certainly go down in folklore.

17 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

It will be Farkelore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1