Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Banter today

Good banter between opposing fans today.  The end we were in was also the end of the Burnley kop, so lots of to-ing and fro-ing ing of chants.

One highlight was  us - "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Burnley's a sh*t hole, I wanna go home" with home fans retorting with "you'd better go home, you'd better go home, Burnley's a sh*thole, you'd better go home.

Best karma of the day was the home fans continually targeting ex-Blackburn Hanley with "you'll always be a bas***rd" which was of course answered with his goal and the Norwich fans' several  rousing choruses of "there's only one Grant Hanley"

Overall a cold but splendid day out for us Norwich fans, on and off the field and great to see so many up here - and Vrancic HAS to start the next game imo. Simply brilliant today.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The best one I thought I heard on my dodgy stream was the Burnley fans replying to our chants of “We’re going to Wembley” with “you’re going down”!

8 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

The best one I thought I heard on my dodgy stream was the Burnley fans replying to our chants of “We’re going to Wembley” with “you’re going down”!

That was their standard response to anything good we did....just trying to burst our bubble of enjoyment while we were giving them a good seeing to.

I thought they were pretty quiet after the first few minutes and lacking in originality too-No Nay Never was sung a few times but not much else.

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

Danny Murphy says we are the best bottom of the table team he has ever seen 😂

I think he summed our season up quite well, " they play some really nice attacking football, they just can't finish or defend"

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Good banter between opposing fans today.  The end we were in was also the end of the Burnley cop, so lots of to-ing and fro-ing ing of chants.

One highlight was  us - "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Burnley's a sh*t hole, I wanna go home" with home fans retorting with "you'd better go home, you'd better go home, Burnley's a sh*thole, you'd better go home.

Best karma of the day was the home fans continually targeting ex-Blackburn Hanley with "you'll always be a bas***rd" which was of course answered with his goal and the Norwich fans' several  rousing choruses of "there's only one Grant Hanley"

Overall a cold but splendid day out for us Norwich fans, on and off the field and great to see so many up here - and Vrancic HAS to start the next game imo. Simply brilliant today.

Agree with this. I've not been his biggest fan - he will give the ball away, especially once PL defenders have sussed out his cunning body swerves, but his passing can be sublime - the ball for Teemu's goal against Spuds was wonderful. He can disappear, as against ManU though (as did everyone else). Needs a solid DM to play alongside him.

With Rupp & Duda here we now have an excellent squad. despite his misses I was impressed with Drmic yesterday. Still dreaming ...

Edited by ron obvious

I thought the whole atmosphere was a bit flat really, our fans weren't really that bothered.  Even replied to the "You're going down" chants from the Burnley fans with a chorus of "We're Going Down" accompanied by lots of laughter and v-signs to their fan's - make of that what you will but gallows humour aplenty!

Still, a win's a win, it could help kick us on to the fabled miracle escape.  But the feeling there on the terraces seemed to be resignation that we're down already, no need to get our hopes up.  Hmmm. 

2 hours ago, CDMullins said:

Its alright Lakey, we believe you went. 😉

I’m not so sure, I scanned a freeze frame of the away supporters in great detail and was unable to identify a man with a large hat with corks dangling from it.  Perhaps he was in disguise? 

24 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I’m not so sure, I scanned a freeze frame of the away supporters in great detail and was unable to identify a man with a large hat with corks dangling from it.  Perhaps he was in disguise? 

That's because in the cold he wears a beanie had with corks dangling from it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

No, I set fire to the corks to try and keep warm......it didn't work.

• Haha 1