Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

Are we really a family club?

How can we be, as the ground are plastered all over the ground with a betting company’s logo.

The players shirt main sponsors are the same company.

With plenty of cash in our unspent kitty time to ditch them.

I know most of the PL clubs have betting clubs as their main sponsors, sadly main god in football today is MONEY!

I understand Stoke City’s  main sponsors are a betting company, who female head of the company “earned” around £1m per day. 
Her family also own Stoke City.

Someone or some club has to take the moral high ground, let it be our club.

Would someone also dispose of Ray Winstone at the same time

17 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

How can we be, as the ground are plastered all over the ground with a betting company’s logo.

I know most of the PL clubs have betting clubs as their main sponsors, sadly main god in football today is MONEY!

I understand Stoke City’s  main sponsors are a betting company, who female head of the company “earned” around £1m per day. 

Probably best you follow another sport

12 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Yep. Who cares. We certainly can’t be sponsored by anybody as somebody will take offence over nothing.

Who exactly do you propose we are sponsored by Bradwell? Who would be an “appropriate sponsor”?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yep. Who cares. We certainly can’t be sponsored by anybody as somebody will take offence over nothing.

Who exactly do you propose we are sponsored by Bradwell? Who would be an “appropriate sponsor”?

33 minutes ago, kick it off said:

AVIVA, LOTUS BOTH HAVE SOME LOCAL CONNECTIONS, AND LOCAL EMPLOYERS

Just now, Bradwell canary said:

Lotus? manufacturer of fast cars, are you really advocating we are sponsored by a car manufacturer when 1800 people per year die in car crashes and thousands more are injured?!?! You have a problem with betting but not with people drink driving, speeding, killing pedestrians etc? Not very ‘family friendly’ of you.

Aviva - pensions provider, but you aren’t considering those who have money troubles or can’t afford pensions are you? What if seeing the aviva logo reminds someone of their dire financial situation and the commit suicide? All because you weren’t happy with adults who make their own choices on gambling. 

For the record, the above is irony to show how ludicrous the “issue” is. Your thread and point are equally stupid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bradwell canary said:

We made a loss of £38 million last season. We don't have 'cash in our unspent kitty'. You made that up!!!

13 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Do they want to sponsor the club? Don’t think they’ll appreciate you spending the money for them 

We are a Nation brought up to gamble, it's way of life.

Kids start on amusements and there are plently of TV adverts around for Online Bingo but nobody slates them even though it's the same thing.

Gambling therefore is a family thing

I have no problem with it and good luck to the woman who runs Bet365

Edited by Making Plans

I understand your point of view and agree to an extent.

But it needs to be industry wide change driven by the footballing authorities or the government, otherwise we are just putting ourselves at a competitive disadvantage.

Cigarette advertising was banned in F1, the cars used to have Marlboro or Camel on the back, so it can happen. It is possible the scales may tip back in the other direction on gambling some day, possibly after the next major recession. The country has a personal debt crisis and gambling is part of the reason. 

Perhaps if Labour can put together something electable some day they will make that change, the Tories won't as they have too many gambling bosses in the Lords & on their major donor list.

We should be sponsored by Gentlemen's Clubs......Like Peppermint Hippo not dissimilar to the Spearmint one but have (portly dancers).....Oh an' other salacious and salubrious establishments......It'll do for me.......I don't frequent those establishments, but I understand that they seem quite popular...... 😇

Regards gambling? It's just a waste of money...... 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

All of my family support Norwich (well the ones I care about ) and all come with me to watch The City regularly . My son and I had a brilliant night at Spurs . 

So I guess NCFC must be a family club.  . 

Under age gambling should not exist. Parents and the betting companies should see to that. Anyone of the appropriate age who is conned into believing that because his football club is sponsored by a betting company that will enforce him to bet too much needs therapy of a different kind.

Should we stop the Lottery? The Pools? Nothing stops people spending a fortune on those.

Can people take responsibility for their own actions for a change?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Under age gambling should not exist. Parents and the betting companies should see to that. Anyone of the appropriate age who is conned into believing that because his football club is sponsored by a betting company that will enforce him to bet too much needs therapy of a different kind.

Should we stop the Lottery? The Pools? Nothing stops people spending a fortune on those.

Can people take responsibility for their own actions for a change?

Does it exist?

This topic is so boring;

Don't like betting, don't bet but don't stop people betting who want to.

Lotus already sponsor the Colney training centre. Remember this?

42 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

All of my family support Norwich (well the ones I care about ) and all come with me to watch The City regularly . My son and I had a brilliant night at Spurs . 

So I guess NCFC must be a family club.  . 

I was referring to the betting adverts in the sport

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I was referring to the betting adverts in the sport

Sorry Doc I didn’t mean to quote you in that .... using my iPhone and not wearing my reading glasses! I meant to just reply to the OP! Apologies . 

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sorry Doc I didn’t mean to quote you in that .... using my iPhone and not wearing my reading glasses! I meant to just reply to the OP! Apologies . 

Haha no worries mate!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bradwell canary said:

What a load of waffle.

Such a pointless and boring post.

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

What a load of waffle.

Such a pointless and boring post.

I agree with you entirely, but I’m not convinced your post was particularly enlightening or exciting

(nor is this one before you say so)

• Haha 1