Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Burnley (FA Cup) Match Thread

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

He has to score 100% of his chances does he?  That sounds dead fair

Well thats three has has missed

His injury record before he came to us must have knocked him back a lot. Before his injury he was a regular scorer.

Imagine where we would be if we had the culture and killer edge to kill teams off.

Our best team is 3 in midfield with Vrancic, Trybul/Tettey, McClean. Then two or three ahead of them depending on the opposition with 4 or 5 at back. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

He has to score 100% of his chances does he?  That sounds dead fair

Well thats three has has missed

Wow, seems you’re pretty desperate to be ‘right’....such great support👍👏 👏

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Before his injury he was a regular scorer.

6 in 41 games isn't regular.

Better than his rate at the moment though

Very enjoyable game so far, it's nice to have a game with no real pressure in it at this stage of the season, Drmic has missed a couple of good chances but we are playing well at the moment.

• Like 2

Were playing without fear, makes all the difference.

Rupp looks like he's got a goal in him.

VRANCIC HAS BEEN SUPERB!!

• Like 1

Enjoyable game, Byram, Hernandez and Fahrmann are playing really well. Feel for Drmic, not an easy comeback game, great that he is getting into the positions 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes, because Pukki has never, ever missed a chance. 

Come on, you can’t seriously be defending his finishing today. Idah would have had a hat trick by now. Hell, Dean Coney would have had at least 2 by now.

Im not saying Drmic is useless etc etc, he’s obviously not, he’s an international footballer, but he has been godawful today and to say that anyone criticizing him is going OTT is ludicrous and we should excuse hitting the bar from 3 yards out because he hasn’t played much is not a strong argument

Edited by kick it off

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Methinks there is an agenda against Drmic on here today unfortunately. Hardly going to be at his sharpest in his first start and after injury lay offs. 

Still it wouldn’t be this message board if somebody wasn’t written off every Saturday 👍🏻

Most people on here are never as happy as when they have something that is upsetting them...

Missing a chance or two doesn't automatically make you terrible. Drmic hasn't been particularly good but he hasn't had a lot of opportunity to play, so I'll hold my judgement beyond a couple of starts and then the odd 1 minute at the end of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Come on, you can’t seriously be defending his finishing today. Idah would have had a hat trick by now. Hell, Dean Coney would have had at least 2 by now.

Im not saying Drmic is useless etc etc, he’s obviously not, he’s an international footballer, but he has been godawful today and to say that anyone criticizing him is going OTT is ludicrous. 

Rodriguez missed a sitter for Burnley, I bet their fans aren’t crying that he has missed 

Just now, kick it off said:

Im not saying Drmic is useless etc etc, he’s obviously not, he’s an international footballer, but he has been godawful today and to say that anyone criticizing him is going OTT is ludicrous. 

Yeah, Idah is definitely amazing who would single-handedly keep us up after scoring a hattrick against a Championship 2nd team. No, wait, that's equally as much rubbish as when he eventually plays a few games doesn't score and everyone (who is championing him now) starts slating him as not being good enough. 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Rodriguez missed a sitter for Burnley, I bet their fans aren’t crying that he has missed 

Probably because he has scored a few for them in a similar role to Drmic. He’s played twice as many minutes and has 4 goals and an assist.... and to be fair, if it was one chance Drmic missed then fine but he’s missed three and I’d back myself to score at least two of them. Rodriguez missed one chance not 3.

Drmic has looked awful, its a simple fact, don't understand why anybody is disputing that.

The keeper has impressed me though! 

Unfortunately we've got Drmic for 2.5 years and Ralf for 5 months.

• Like 1

If people would only say what they see instead of looking for reasons.

One person said Drmic was a donkey. The rest of the comments are based on what he has done today. 

Personally, I hope he scores a hat trick in the second half. But I observe his first half performance and he has had three chances. I can't alter that and so I say so. He wasn't unlucky either, just poor finishing. What are you supposed to say? 

People get what they want out of a game but you cannot defend three chances missed. Its his job to score.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Yeah, Idah is definitely amazing who would single-handedly keep us up after scoring a hattrick against a Championship 2nd team. No, wait, that's equally as much rubbish as when he eventually plays a few games doesn't score and everyone (who is championing him now) starts slating him as not being good enough. 

Get a grip. That’s a bizarre rant. I’ve never proclaimed him the savior but he was a realistic alternative to start this game, and having scored from the position Drmic missed from as he scored a hat trick last round, I thought it was a more logical comparison than pukki.

Do you seriously think it’s 0-0 if Idah or pukki had those chances? It’s not even 0-0 if we stuck my cat up front. They were horrific misses

• Like 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Get a grip. That’s a bizarre rant. I’ve never proclaimed him the savior but he was a realistic alternative to start this game, and having scored from the position Drmic missed from as he scored a hat trick last round, I thought it was a more logical comparison than pukki.

Do you seriously think it’s 0-0 if Idah or pukki had those chances? It’s not even 0-0 if we stuck my cat up front. They were horrific misses

I agree, it was a bit over the top to your statement, I'm just sick of every week hearing everyone saying Idah should play and hailing him as the new hope, after a single hattrick against a sh*t 2nd team. Especially when the same people will be shouting to drop him after a few misses; I hate the knee-jerk reactions that a player is either amazing or terrible and nothing in between.

I've definitely seen Pukki miss easier chances but the difference is, he's scored plenty too, so understandly has credit in the bank. Whilst Drmic has been poor to today, I won't judge him as being eternally poor.

I think the point is that the Drmic moans started, what, 5?10? minutes into the game? That’s ridiculous by any measure. Give him a proper chance.

It’s a bit like Rupp and Duda were already being written off by some after Spurs. The sensible thing to do is give them a chance, but too many appear to almost have their minds made up after a player’s first touch.

• Like 2

Well if after 5 -10 minutes he’s missed two clear chances I can see why there may be comments that early about him. Anyways here’s hoping we can put one of these chances away 2nd half. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I agree, it was a bit over the top to your statement, I'm just sick of every week hearing everyone saying Idah should play and hailing him as the new hope, after a single hattrick against a sh*t 2nd team. Especially when the same people will be shouting to drop him after a few misses; I hate the knee-jerk reactions that a player is either amazing or terrible and nothing in between.

I've definitely seen Pukki miss easier chances but the difference is, he's scored plenty too, so understandly has credit in the bank. Whilst Drmic has been poor to today, I won't judge him as being eternally poor.

Agree 100% - I haven’t said anything to the contrary of any of that...

and....

GET THE **** IN

There's still time to have a bet on Drmic scoring the first goal. No doubt though a lot of you are on already

Shame, too late as Hanley nets