Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Burnley (FA Cup) Match Thread

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

I don't agree with being overly negative about Drmic, but I'd definitely rather have Rodriguez!

I personally wouldn’t, live by West Brom and seen him play quite a few times, best days behind him in my opinion

Brilliant performance. Vrancic transforms us. We can stay up playing like that and with Pukki, Cantwell, Godfrey and Buendia to come in! Got to target 3 points at Newcastle 

19 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Very decent win. 

Show's what we have available in the squad. Further supports the argument that Farke doesn't utilise his resources effectively in the League. Not saying todays 11 is the answer, clearly not, but quite a few out there should be used more often.

Hopefully Drmic can prove his fitness longer term, there's definitely a player there and a very decent alternative to Pukki. 

Drimic did show lots of good movement as well as taking up good positions. These were the positives to take from his performance.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BarcelonaCanary said:

Brilliant performance. Vrancic transforms us. We can stay up playing like that and with Pukki, Cantwell, Godfrey and Buendia to come in! Got to target 3 points at Newcastle 

Problem is, when those players come in, players who contributed to todays performance, like Vrancic, go out!

Our best eleven isn't today, nor was it our last league game. It's somewhere in-between and Farke needs to work it out. There's eleven players in our squad good enough for the EPL, and good enough to win more games. I'm convinced of that. But will Farke work it out? And if so, will it be in time? 

One way or another, I think Vrancic has to play. Two assists today, a goal and an 'assist' against spurs... He can really make it happen for us. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

8,071 in attendance (around 800 away fans) Poor from them all things considered.

Burnley Reserves v Norwich Reserves on a cold January afternoon with the game being streamed online for free so you can hardly blame them.

Fans of PL clubs can't be ars*d with the FA Cup unless their team gets to the final and then everybody wants to go.

33 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Problem is, when those players come in, players who contributed to todays performance, like Vrancic, go out!

Our best eleven isn't today, nor was it our last league game. It's somewhere in-between and Farke needs to work it out. There's eleven players in our squad good enough for the EPL, and good enough to win more games. I'm convinced of that. But will Farke work it out? And if so, will it be in time? 

One way or another, I think Vrancic has to play. Two assists today, a goal and an 'assist' against spurs... He can really make it happen for us. 

I agree with much of this.

Interesting to note that the effective spine of the team from last season was effective today. Trybull, Vrancic and Stieperman. All played well and balanced each others abilities.

Vrancic we need as playmaker but we must balance the team around him.

2 hours ago, City 2nd said:

News to me! Somehow I don’t see or hear it!

I was talking nonsense! I'd probably half-remembered something about the 'Auto Pay Cup Scheme', where season ticket holders can register to automatically reserve their seat at the best price.

58 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Burnley Reserves v Norwich Reserves on a cold January afternoon with the game being streamed online for free so you can hardly blame them.

Fans of PL clubs can't be ars*d with the FA Cup unless their team gets to the final and then everybody wants to go.

I half understand that. Not quite the reserve teams on either side and I just thought Burnley fans might be up for it after 2 awesome results. 

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

There isn't 11 players in our squad good enough for the EPL. Sorry to break it to you. Agree Vrancic was superb today. Stylish and effective. 

18 minutes ago, Chumino said:

There isn't 11 players in our squad good enough for the EPL. Sorry to break it to you. Agree Vrancic was superb today. Stylish and effective. 

Super player,  runs like Basil Fawlty though. If he was more athletic,  he'd be  world class, controlled so much today. Free kick/ corner deliveries were effective too. My man of the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Super player,  runs like Basil Fawlty though. If he was more athletic,  he'd be  world class, controlled so much today. Free kick/ corner deliveries were effective too. My man of the match.

Just a brilliant performance from him. If players in front of him had been up to the job, he'd have had at least four assists, probably more.

Congratulations Norwich on a fantastic win today. Your performance at Turf Moor was superb and thoroughly deserved. You ran us (Burnley) ragged from the first minute onward and we could not complain had the margin  of victory had been greater. I've got to wonder how the hell you are bottom of the league playing like that! Good luck in the next round.

• Like 10

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Strange, but I’ve been calling for Vrancic to start ahead of McClean......he’s potentially that link to our front three.

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I agree with much of this.

Interesting to note that the effective spine of the team from last season was effective today. Trybull, Vrancic and Stieperman. All played well and balanced each others abilities.

Vrancic we need as playmaker but we must balance the team around him.

Stieperman had a good first half but was poor second half. Vrancic was pulling the strings, seemed to get frustrated a few times in the second half about the lack of movement.

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Stieperman had a good first half but was poor second half. Vrancic was pulling the strings, seemed to get frustrated a few times in the second half about the lack of movement.

It was very noticeable that Drmic was not anticipating through balls or making runs, rather waiting and looking to see if the ball was going to be passed forwards.  That delay was crucial - it could just be because of lack of match practice, but it is something he will have to improve.  We have been spoiled by watching the master of movement up front for the last two seasons - and sure Drmic is a different player, but the players are used to Pukki's quality movements up front and Drmic will need to step up in that department, imo.

I think Vrancic should be in the starting XI most games. He causes teams problems that no one else can with his vision. And he's great with free kicks. We've had Buendia taking them and I don't think he's up to scratch from a dead ball situation (amazing everywhere else though this season). 

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It was very noticeable that Drmic was not anticipating through balls or making runs, rather waiting and looking to see if the ball was going to be passed forwards.  That delay was crucial - it could just be because of lack of match practice, but it is something he will have to improve.  We have been spoiled by watching the master of movement up front for the last two seasons - and sure Drmic is a different player, but the players are used to Pukki's quality movements up front and Drmic will need to step up in that department, imo.

I think he was more frustrated with Hernandez, there were a couple of times when he was looking to play someone in down the left hand side

1 hour ago, NFN FC said:

I think Vrancic should be in the starting XI most games. He causes teams problems that no one else can with his vision. And he's great with free kicks. We've had Buendia taking them and I don't think he's up to scratch from a dead ball situation (amazing everywhere else though this season). 

Agreed, and I think he would have played a huge part in the first half of this season had it not been for injury. I feel we've really missed his presence in the midfield, he was so crucial towards the end of last season

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

Agreed, and I think he would have played a huge part in the first half of this season had it not been for injury. I feel we've really missed his presence in the midfield, he was so crucial towards the end of last season

I think with a strong DM along side he'd really shine

4 hours ago, BigRedrose said:

Congratulations Norwich on a fantastic win today. Your performance at Turf Moor was superb and thoroughly deserved. You ran us (Burnley) ragged from the first minute onward and we could not complain had the margin  of victory had been greater. I've got to wonder how the hell you are bottom of the league playing like that! Good luck in the next round.

Thank you for the kind words and good luck for the remainder of your season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Drmic has looked awful, its a simple fact, don't understand why anybody is disputing that.

The keeper has impressed me though! 

Unfortunately we've got Drmic for 2.5 years and Ralf for 5 months.

🤣🤣🤣

Love it when a poster gets hushed by one of our players! 

Hopefully for the sake of NCFC Drmic can push on now! 

11 hours ago, lharman7 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Love it when a poster gets hushed by one of our players! 

Hopefully for the sake of NCFC Drmic can push on now! 

I hope so too, needs to stay fit to have any chance of playing at his best though.

That shocking first half hopefully down to ring rust and not lack of ability, time will tell. 

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I hope so too, needs to stay fit to have any chance of playing at his best though.

That shocking first half hopefully down to ring rust and not lack of ability, time will tell. 

Yeah deffo we need a goalscoring bench option.