Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich vs Burnley (FA Cup) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

Think we should cash in on Aarons - Byram is good enough as long as we keep Lewis

Been saying this for a while

Brilliant stuff! We're only two games from Wembley now. Would be great to avoid one of the top six if possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Think we should cash in on Aarons - Byram is good enough as long as we keep Lewis

If I had a choice, could we sell Lewis and keep Aarons?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Brilliant stuff! We're only two games from Wembley now. Would be great to avoid one of the top six if possible.

Leicester away please.

Good performance and pleased to see games like this give a chance for the likes of Vrancic to show why they should be in the team while others such as Byram give the same levels of performance that they have in the league. More game time for Rupp and Duda too.

When I came on here earlier it seemed a few people wanted a strong line up as we are already relegated anyway, the fact that some are irked that Farke brought Pukki on for 3 minutes encourages me that maybe not everyone thinks all is lost!

• Like 2

If we get a home draw am I right in half-remembering that the tie will be included free as part of our season tickets? Or have I got that wrong? (It sounds too much of a giveaway to be true, though I guess if it is that the club were probably thinking that at most it would entail two free matches!)

59 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Probably because he has scored a few for them in a similar role to Drmic. He’s played twice as many minutes and has 4 goals and an assist.... and to be fair, if it was one chance Drmic missed then fine but he’s missed three and I’d back myself to score at least two of them. Rodriguez missed one chance not 3.

Drmic scores the winner and Rodriguez didn’t do much else, know who I’d rather have 💁

6 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Who was the co-commentator on that stream? I thought he was pretty awful.

Our ex player David Phillips 

Edited by JF
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Drmic scores the winner and Rodriguez didn’t do much else, know who I’d rather have 💁

I don't agree with being overly negative about Drmic, but I'd definitely rather have Rodriguez!

2 minutes ago, JF said:

Our Ex player David Phillips 

I was trying to work that out.  Thought it may be Huckerby.....  LOL

Pukki substitution might not be madness if Drmic spent would have nothing up front and invite pressure as would be no presence up front.  However if still as sprightly as spring chicken it was madness. 

27 minutes ago, Grando said:

If we get a home draw am I right in half-remembering that the tie will be included free as part of our season tickets? Or have I got that wrong? (It sounds too much of a giveaway to be true, though I guess if it is that the club were probably thinking that at most it would entail two free matches!)

News to me! Somehow I don’t see or hear it!

I didn't see much of the game but what I did see was that the midfield gave the ball away a lot less without the likes of Tettey, Cantwell and Emi in there and still created chances. Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

8,071 in attendance (around 800 away fans) Poor from them all things considered.

Come on be fair......Cotton Mills don't run by themselves y'know......

34 minutes ago, Grando said:

Yer dunt ger owt fur nowt thar knoze.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crab man said:

just shows why cantwell shouldn't be in the team. 

Just shows we have a very good squad.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, crab man said:

Says yet another tedious Waveney clone account ........... yawn............

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crab man said:

Give it a bloody rest. 

Very decent win. 

Show's what we have available in the squad. Further supports the argument that Farke doesn't utilise his resources effectively in the League. Not saying todays 11 is the answer, clearly not, but quite a few out there should be used more often.

Hopefully Drmic can prove his fitness longer term, there's definitely a player there and a very decent alternative to Pukki.