Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Danel Sinani set to sign very shortly

1 minute ago, Bovril said:

The 22 year old striker/winger move will be confirmed very shortly.

Loan or permanent?

Just now, Bovril said:

permanent I believe.

Thanks. Before this signing we were already at our full complement of non-homegrown players (Duda and Rupp having replaced Srbeny and Heise), so this implies one of our foreign players will be leaving us before the window closes. Leitner, I would imagine?

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Leitner leave, perhaps on loan initially, but have no new news on that or other players leaving at the moment. As you say though, if Sinani does join permanently as opposed to loan (not 100% whether perm/loan, though believe it is the former) then someone has to go. 

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks. Before this signing we were already at our full complement of non-homegrown players (Duda and Rupp having replaced Srbeny and Heise), so this implies one of our foreign players will be leaving us before the window closes. Leitner, I would imagine?

It could be Amadou’s loan cut short?

What I like about this one is the number of firsts for NCFC in one package.. first Luxemburger, first Gorani (look it up! I did...), any more?

Also, hope he scores and assists us to 200 goals by end of the season for a fairytale survival 

30 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

What I like about this one is the number of firsts for NCFC in one package.. first Luxemburger, first Gorani (look it up! I did...), any more?

We did have Goran Maric but think that’s as close as we’ve come to a Gorani

Idah's not in the FA Cup squad, so would expect him to be departing on loan shortly. Which would also fit if Sinani's coming in.

Leitner not involved today either, so he's either off or won't be included in the 25 man squad going forward.

Sinani doesn't have to be part of the registered squad if he signs. The benefit of signing him now is that he gets used to his new surroundings and a step up in class before pre season training. It is possible that he will go straight out on loan somewhere 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Idah's not in the FA Cup squad, so would expect him to be departing on loan shortly. Which would also fit if Sinani's coming in.

Leitner not involved today either, so he's either off or won't be included in the 25 man squad going forward.

Wonder if Amadou's off as well.

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Wonder if Amadou's off as well.

Said he had a knee problem at the presser yesterday and was touch and go. Don't believe Leitner was mentioned.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Icecream Snow said:

Said he had a knee problem at the presser yesterday and was touch and go. Don't believe Leitner was mentioned.

Ta. I missed that one.

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sinani doesn't have to be part of the registered squad if he signs. The benefit of signing him now is that he gets used to his new surroundings and a step up in class before pre season training. It is possible that he will go straight out on loan somewhere 

Good point. Would imagine it's something of a step up from Luxembourg's Premier League to ours...

I know that u21s don't count for the 25 man squad, but, do they count for the non-homegrown tally? Haven't actually checked but he might class as u21 for this season...

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

We did have Goran Maric but think that’s as close as we’ve come to a Gorani

Should have a bit of an advantage over other players with an extra i

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fine by me - is a bit odd that there seems to be so few suitable ‘homegrown’ players for us to sign though.

We've signed quite a few for our academy recently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Fine by me - is a bit odd that there seems to be so few suitable ‘homegrown’ players for us to sign though.

Cost.

If Sinani does sign it's intriguing who of our foreigners makes way. Seems like Idah may well be going out on loan to get much needed game time suggesting Sinani won't be immediately loaned out. Farke a bit waspie on Twitter re Leitner....

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Have you seen the prices being quoted for players as low as league 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Sinani does sign it's intriguing who of our foreigners makes way. Seems like Idah may well be going out on loan to get much needed game time suggesting Sinani won't be immediately loaned out. Farke a bit waspie on Twitter re Leitner....

Perhaps if you played Leitner, you might win some matches Daniel? 

😉

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think it's a combination of needing players with a high level of technical ability, who are comfortable on the ball, and that's difficult to find in Championship clubs and lower.

On the other hand, the big Premiership teams are holding onto players for longer unless they get big fees for them (eg Ake and Solanke). Lewis Baker at Chelsea has never played for them, is 25 in April, and still has two years left on his contract.

13 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I think it's a combination of needing players with a high level of technical ability, who are comfortable on the ball, and that's difficult to find in Championship clubs and lower.

On the other hand, the big Premiership teams are holding onto players for longer unless they get big fees for them (eg Ake and Solanke). Lewis Baker at Chelsea has never played for them, is 25 in April, and still has two years left on his contract.

That’s terrible. Bad for the player, bad for the game. A loan would mitigate the lack of game time, but it’s not a perfect answer by any means.

16 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Perhaps if you played Leitner, you might win some matches Daniel? 

😉

Still having flashbacks of Leitner vs Villa at home which makes me doubt..

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

Still having flashbacks of Leitner vs Villa at home which makes me doubt..

Yeah, me too. Flashbacks that is, but vs Newcastle at home..

I was being facetious by the way. 

• Like 1