Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Idah

I’m at a loss really, Drmic with his injury’s appears to be our second choice, to be honest looks very poor at this level, but is full International so must have something about him.

But we must have someone lined up.

I’m all for loaning Idah but to a decent team who will use him, Oxford would be a great destination, good fast team having seen them a couple times this year. They could do with an attacker.

Edited by Indy

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Drmic with his injury’s appears to be our second choice, to be honest looks very poor at this level, 

0 starts 1 goal in the Prem, very poor? 

10 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

0 starts 1 goal in the Prem, very poor? 

Sberny scored too!

Tricky one this. Keep him here and Pukki and Drmic stay fit then he'll be kicking his heels and the usual suspects will be moaning that he's not getting game time.

Loan him out and Pukki gets injured and the usual suspects will be moaning that we haven't got adequate cover at centre forward. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think the answer is to take no notice of the usual suspects. 

😂 I think you're right.

(Spoiler alert: It was Kevin Spacey) 

• Haha 1

IMO it would be ideal to get Adam some games at Champs level, to hopefully get him ready for cracking on in our first team next season.  We’ve only seen glimpses of Drmic, he probably needs a few games rather than odd minutes; he’s probably better than we’ve seen so far.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Would support Idah going on loan providing we have enough cover, which I dont think we have currently.

Drmic hasn't played a lot, so a bit hard for people to judge him on 10/15 minutes here and there, especially in the 3/4 games he's played.

Were he to go out on loan without another striker coming in it would seem to leave us short. Given Drmic's injury record I can't see how we can countenance letting Idah go out loan, even though he probably should for his future development (particularly if he's going to only bench-warm here). But I think Adam will have to stay, because I can't see us signing another striker. Though perhaps Rupp can cover in that position, as he seems to be able to play everywhere else...

Edited by Grando

I would say that Drmic hasn't been all that bad when we've seen him (albeit briefly).

It's not like when he comes on all he does is charge about, or every ball that comes his way pings off his shin like some donkey. He's scored one goal and got that Watford player sent off Holt-esque and generally looks keen to impress. He has played over 30 games for the Swiss national side- which is 3x as much as Timm Klose, who most on here would say is quality.

He gets a bad rep because of his cringey music video and because of his undoubtedly poor injury record. I'm not saying he's the answer to all of our problems, but I certainly don't think he's worth just writing off; that said, because of that injury record, I'd be very concerned if Idah was to head out with no replacement for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

If true its the right decision. Gets him some regular game time and potentially into the squad for next season.

• Like 1

Idah is nowhere near ready for regular EPL football yet. 

A loan move to the championship would be fantastic for his development, assuming he gets to play. 

47 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We’ve only seen glimpses of Drmic, he probably needs a few games rather than odd minutes; he’s probably better than we’ve seen so far.

Let's hope so

A loan move surely would be great.

With all due respect to Idah ( another that will be worth future millions ) if we were down to Idah playing upfront in the EPL at this moment in time even Lakey would have to concede defeat.

If Oxford that makes sense, they play an attacking game, a high win % and have a similar set up to us. League 1 is also very physical as has already been shown toughening up our kids.

The lad has to play....regular proper competitive  footy for his development,  either with us or elsewhere.  U23s is no use to him, its not fully competitive.  I'd offer him to any decent footballing side  in the Championship  that needs a striker....and will play him.  

If a deal happens then let's not have a whingefest if we are a striker short for a game or two,, if the lads getting decent game time elsewhere  that's probably best for him and us long term. 

12 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Idah is nowhere near ready for regular EPL football yet. 

A loan move to the championship would be fantastic for his development, assuming he gets to play. 

There’s the key statement......assuming that’s why I said Oxford a division lower but would get game time and pushing for a promotion.

Connor Southwell reports from today's press conference that no final decision made on Adam Idah’s future, with Farke saying NCFC need three strikers for the rest of the season. That seems sensible to me - whether Idah's ready for the EPL or not, we can't risk having two strikers in the squad for the remaining games. That would be ridiculous.

The lad has to play....regular proper competitive  footy for his development,  either with us or elsewhere.  U23s is no use to him, its not fully competitive.  I'd offer him to any decent footballing side  in the Championship  that needs a striker....and will play him.  

If a deal happens then let's not have a whingefest if we are a striker short for a game or two,, if the lads getting decent game time elsewhere  that's probably best for him and us long term. 

Most likely he'll  stay unless we bring  in someone. 

Just now, paul moy said:

Looks like a striker is coming in from Luxembourg.

If that's the case, its probably best for all if idah goes and gets game time.

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

😂 I think you're right.

(Spoiler alert: It was Kevin Spacey) 

That's ruined that film for me. Shan't bother to watch it now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Tricky one this. Keep him here and Pukki and Drmic stay fit then he'll be kicking his heels and the usual suspects will be moaning that he's not getting game time.

Loan him out and Pukki gets injured and the usual suspects will be moaning that we haven't got adequate cover at centre forward. 

Not tricky at all to those of us who think that Drmic looks like a rubbish bit of business and we should take the third option of keeping both and give Idah the game time over him.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not tricky at all to those of us who think that Drmic looks like a rubbish bit of business and we should take the third option of keeping both and give Idah the game time over him.

Drmic is currently a better player than Idah. Idah also needs more game time to develop. Drmic hasn't done anything wrong coming off the bench despite his incredibly limited minutes.

• Like 1

As much as it would be good to see him in the squad, it makes sense to get him regular football in prep. for next season.   Would suggest that might be more likely at League 1 level than Championship.   

Next season, if we go down, he will be better prepared to support Pukki... (No he's not going anywhere!).....   

Keep Drmic but would be ideal if we can get someone extra in.

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Drmic is currently a better player than Idah. Idah also needs more game time to develop. Drmic hasn't done anything wrong coming off the bench despite his incredibly limited minutes.

Keep Idah for our run to Wembley.