Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team for Burnley FA Cup

assuming Vrancic and sicknote Fahrmann are out...

I'll take a guess at...

......... McGovern......

Byram...Amadaou..Hanley...Lewis

.......Trybull.....Leitner......

Rupp.......Steipermann.....Hernandez

.............Drmic..........

....and hope Burnley put out a 2nd XI too....

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Best starting X1 available please. We’re going down so let’s take this very seriously.

I agree, I would love a day out at Wembley again.... Only need to get to the semi for that! 

Would be gutted if we did this- different story if we were currently a couple of points off safety but we're rock bottom and hoping for a miracle to stay up- lets have a proper go in the cup.

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:
18 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

WE ARE NOT DOWN YET! 

BUT IT WILL HAPPEN ! accept and relax, you’ll be fine.

I am full of acceptance if it happens, but it hasn't happened yet!

And I'm quite relaxed thanks....I'm just trying to get through to you and those who have decided it has has already happened.

IT HASN'T!

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

I am full of acceptance if it happens, but it hasn't happened yet!

And I'm quite relaxed thanks....I'm just trying to get through to you #and those who have decided it has has already happened.

IT HASN'T!

I’m in the minority that wants Delia out and your in one that can’t accept relegation. We’re a right pair of cards aren’t we.

A right pair of what?

Oh, cards, sorry.......

Edited by Herman

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m in the minority that wants Delia out and your in one that can’t accept relegation. We’re a right pair of cards aren’t we. 

You may be in a minority, but you are wrong about me.  I will accept relegation it if and when it happens, not before. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There's a difference between accepting relegation IF it happens & saying IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.

Which is insane. Because it hasn't.

Just now, ron obvious said:

There's a difference between accepting relegation IF it happens & saying IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED.

Which is insane. Because it hasn't.

Let’s rephrase then. In the highly likely event of Norwich City being relegated (95% or more) why not play our best starting X1 possible. 

Just imagine winning and the positive vibe for Newcastle away that you and Lakey would feel.

4 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just imagine winning and the positive vibe for Newcastle away that you and Lakey would feel.

I am imagining winning whatever team we put out and with the second string - which is full of good players - and a young Idah eager to build on his success in the last round, we have every chance of doing just that.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Let’s rephrase then. In the highly likely event of Norwich City being relegated (95% or more) why not play our best starting X1 possible. 

Well I don't rate our relegation chances at anything like that. Much less likely to get relegated than win the FA cup.And I'd rather mot risk our best players getting crocked - I'd rather beat Newcastle than Burnley.

If we stay up I'd celebrate more than if we won the cup!

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

I am imagining winning whatever team we put out and with the second string - which is full of good players - and a young Idah eager to build on his success in the last round, we have every chance of doing just that.

Let’s show the cup and Burnley lots of respect and not make too many changes. Another day of regret is not fair on those paying to travel once again.

3 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Well I don't rate our relegation chances at anything like that. Much less likely to get relegated than win the FA cup.And I'd rather mot risk our best players getting crocked - I'd rather beat Newcastle than Burnley.

Serious question then, how would you rate our chances of survival?  I’d imagine Lakey is at 50/50.

5 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

We have to win 5 games to win the FA Cup. One of which is likely to be against a heavily rotated Burnley side.

If we win 5 games in the League we'll still go down.

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

We have to win 5 games to win the FA Cup. One of which is likely to be against a heavily rotated Burnley side.

Some relevant context.

Odds of Norwich City staying up: 10/1

Odds of Norwich City winning the FA Cup: 159/1

Prices taken from Betfair this morning. 

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I have Newcastle as a game we win Midlands. Just something in my bones.

A win at Burnley will reduce the miserablist contingent on here at least and also start to create a little excitement about who we may get out of the hat. 

Not expecting anything from Liverpool or Leicester but there are 3 games we 'could' win in succession. Now that might change the permutations. 95% could become 90%. All small margins I accept.

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

To win the cup we'd have to win 5 games consecutively.

No second chance.

To be certain to stay up we probably need to win 8 out of 14. In any order.

Do the maths.

16 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

To win the cup we'd have to win 5 games consecutively.

No second chance.

To be certain to stay up we probably need to win 8 out of 14. In any order.

Do the maths.

Not strictly true. We could draw all or some of the cup games and still get a trip to Wembley. 

29 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Some relevant context.

Odds of Norwich City staying up: 10/1

Odds of Norwich City winning the FA Cup: 159/1

Prices taken from Betfair this morning. 

£29 available at 150/1, that’s a massive and over generous price.

How about we do well in the cup with the fringe players AND start getting results in the league. After all most of the fringe players are well versed in farkeball and all have featured in the first team. Most clubs' fringe players are of a good standard - including ours.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

How about we do well in the cup with the fringe players AND start getting results in the league. After all most of the fringe players are well versed in farkeball and all have featured in the first team. Most clubs' fringe players are of a good standard - including ours.

I’m surprised you advocate that. Send the first team (a couple on the bench) and go for Burnley’s throat from the kick off. Imagine the feel good factor moving on to Newcastle.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

£29 available at 150/1, that’s a massive and over generous price.

You know what to do then.... 😉 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m surprised you advocate that. Send the first team (a couple on the bench) and go for Burnley’s throat from the kick off. Imagine the feel good factor moving on to Newcastle.

Unless we get fresh injuries, lose the match or get suspensions. That would really help us at Newcastle....