Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Team for Burnley FA Cup

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Not strictly true. We could draw all or some of the cup games and still get a trip to Wembley. 

No, ultimately we have to win to get through each stage. Drawing does not increase our chances.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Exactly, I’ll request 200/1 and wait for someone who’s desperate for £20 odd pounds. 

If someone's desperate for "£20 odd pounds" I'd venture that they're highly unlikely to have the £4,000 necessary to lay your bet in the first place...................

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

If someone's desperate for "£20 odd pounds" I'd venture that they're highly unlikely to have the £4,000 necessary to lay your bet in the first place...................

You’d be surprised on that site. They have to have the money in their account for the bet to be struck. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’d be surprised on that site. They have to have the money in their account for the bet to be struck. 

🤦‍♂️ I know........................

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

🤦‍♂️ I know........................

39 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The £4,000 is already available, 29 x 151 = ? So you ventured wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The £4,000 is already available, 29 x 151 = ? So you ventured wrong. 

1) You've got no way of knowing whether that's one person offering to lay the whole lot or a whole load of smaller layers offering to lay a small part of it.

2.) As I said (slightly tongue in cheek) you're hardly likely to be "desperate" for £20.00 if you can afford to lay £4,000.

3.) If you think it's a good bet do it! For obvious reasons I hope that you win. 😉 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

1) You've got no way of knowing whether that's one person offering to lay the whole lot or a whole load of smaller layers offering to lay a small part of it.

2.) As I said (slightly tongue in cheek) you're hardly likely to be "desperate" for £20.00 if you can afford to lay £4,000.

3.) If you think it's a good bet do it! For obvious reasons I hope that you win. 😉 

You win.

I'd 'rest' players like Krul, Aarons, Tettey, Cantwell, Pukki & maybe Zimmermann or Hanley.  Defensively, we don't have many available to be able to afford to rest them: Fahrmann injured (again), Godfrey suspended, Klose injured.

Fahrmann or Krul

Hanley, Zimmermann, Byram

Aarons, Rupp, Trybull, Duda, Lewis

Idah, Pukki,

Subs: Fahrmann or Krul, Amadou, Leitner, Vrancic, Tettey, Hernandez, Drmic.

Rather than giving players a break, try changing formation to 3-5-2 with Duda behind the forwards.   A change is a good as a rest!!!!

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

We are more likely to win the FA Cup than stay up. Strongest possible side please.

Is that true?....we could still stay up without having to beat Man City , Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal....not sure if thats the case with the FA Cup?

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Is that true?....we could still stay up without having to beat Man City , Chelsea,Liverpool,Arsenal....not sure if thats the case with the FA Cup?

We’ve already beaten Man City and should have beaten Arsenal.

Unless anyone's proper knackered, play our strongest team. Byram and Tettey could probably use a rest as they've started loads recently, and I think Duda needs benching after starting two games four days apart, so I'd go with:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Zimmermann Lewis
Trybull Vrancic
Cantwell McLean Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann (if fit?), Amadou, Byram, Rupp, Duda, Stiepermann, Drmic

Get Idah out on loan, his hat-trick in the last round was a great bonus for him and us, but against a PL defence we want our most productive and experienced operators.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Unless anyone's proper knackered, play our strongest team. Byram and Tettey could probably use a rest as they've started loads recently, and I think Duda needs benching after starting two games four days apart, so I'd go with:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Zimmermann Lewis
Trybull Vrancic
Cantwell McLean Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Fahrmann (if fit?), Amadou, Byram, Rupp, Duda, Stiepermann, Drmic

Get Idah out on loan, his hat-trick in the last round was a great bonus for him and us, but against a PL defence we want our most productive and experienced operators.

Yes please to that kind of thinking.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

We are more likely to win the FA Cup than stay up. Strongest possible side please.

What about we stay up and win the FA Cup🙃👍

We are 7/1 to stay up, 125/1 to win the cup. 

26 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What about we stay up and win the FA Cup🙃👍

We are 7/1 to stay up, 125/1 to win the cup. 

A £10 on that makes you about £8800. That must be a pup bet of £1! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norfolk Dan said:

A £10 on that makes you about £8800. That must be a pup bet of £1! 

I tried earlier but there's no option to bet the double😟

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I tried earlier but there's no option to bet the double😟

That saved your money then. 😂

Still rather we had a crack at the Cup. 8 EFL teams have made the 1/4 Finals in the last 3 seasons. If we beat Burnley it would be a morale booster if nothing else. 

And it gets you into Europe ........

Today does seem to be a chance for the newcomers to get more game time, against an EPL side, and for Lewis, Idah, McGovern, Drmic, Trybull, Amadou  to be involved.

We know how Burnley are going to play. Look out for set pieces and a fair few long balls. it isn't difficult to work out but difficult to combat if you aren't ready for it.

We could have had a worse draw and I think if we concentrate and don't get drawn into their game, we can win this. Surely they will be playing squad players as well.

On 24/01/2020 at 10:52, lake district canary said:

Unless we get fresh injuries, lose the match or get suspensions. That would really help us at Newcastle....

Don’t be so negative. 

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Today does seem to be a chance for the newcomers to get more game time, against an EPL side, and for Lewis, Idah, McGovern, Drmic, Trybull, Amadou  to be involved.

We know how Burnley are going to play. Look out for set pieces and a fair few long balls. it isn't difficult to work out but difficult to combat if you aren't ready for it.

We could have had a worse draw and I think if we concentrate and don't get drawn into their game, we can win this. Surely they will be playing squad players as well.

Their team selection will be interesting on the back of two fantastic victories within a few days. They are looking up the table again now so may really take the cup seriously with limited changes.

Burnley are only 7pts off the relegation zone so I don't think they'll take any chances with key players and ours are either injured or will be rested. Should be an absolute classic.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Burnley are only 7pts off the relegation zone so I don't think they'll take any chances with key players and ours are either injured or will be rested. Should be an absolute classic.

Just 5 points off fifth place too. Hope we play a strong side. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just 5 points off fifth place too. Hope we play a strong side. 

We won't put out a strong side because we can't take the risk, as has been proven on another thread we are still in with a chance of staying up 😉