paul moy

Wuhan coronavirus

Fascinating to see how quickly some of our police forces change into Stasi, Humberside police now producing an online report form to snitch on your neighbour, a couple and their dog walking in the Dales being monitored by police drone,

.I well remember the Police during the Miners Strike and that was virtually the last straw for me. I suppose we are so lucky they are not armed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Van wink said:

Fascinating to see how quickly some of our police forces change into Stasi, Humberside police now producing an online report form to snitch on your neighbour, a couple and their dog walking in the Dales being monitored by police drone,

Knowing how  very understretched our police force is in the UK, i think such stasi like incidents will be very limited in scope.

8 hours ago, Van wink said:

Yes, amazing how the police decide to prioritise their scarce resources.

Must be that all the drug dealers, burglars, car thieves etc etc and worse are practicing exemplary social distancing and don't need any attention.

If that is the case then you'd perhaps hope that they'd lend the army a hand to ship PPE and medicines to hospitals instead of p*ssing about with drones in the Dales.

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Now council are being asked to make sure no homeless on the streets after this weekend.

If they can do it now, why not before.

I typed out a post almost word for word saying this earlier and then got distracted.... if it’s as easy as saying “find them a home by the weekend” then why hasn’t it happened before...??

On 26/03/2020 at 19:23, Barbe bleu said:

So the advice here for number followers is add today and yesterdays figures and divide by 2 to get an average.

So today's figures are not as alarming as they might otherwise be as they were counted over a period greater than 24 hours.

Just to ensure there is no misinformation - this is incorrect.

The figures on Wednesday were from 9am (Tues) to 5pm (Tues).

The figures on Thursday were from 5pm (tues) to 5pm (Weds).

So the alarming figures (which we have obviously now superceded anyway) were indeed collected over 24 hours, not a longer period.

On 27/03/2020 at 07:03, Van wink said:

https://www.indy100.com/article/coronavirus-police-calls-uk-lockdown-neighbours-two-runs-a-day-9431231

• Sad 1

A fan of Stewarts but normally struggle with his written pieces but that was good and spot on.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

A fan of Stewarts but normally struggle with his written pieces but that was good and spot on.

Yeah, he is sometimes a mixed bag in his written pieces.

I had a good laugh though at the 'little red riding hood' reference.

Meanwhile. I am no great fan of Peston, but this thread is good. Will he be aggressively following up on this issue over the next few days?

Preston.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Even the Daily Mail is kicking off about the lack of testing. Time for the government to explain why it is taking so long to get up to speed. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Even the Daily Mail is kicking off about the lack of testing. Time for the government to explain why it is taking so long to get up to speed. 

It is but unfortunately the daily press briefings are not providing any scrutiny, the format makes it far to easy for responses to be in the form of a lecture rather than an answer to a question. Also some of the time is wasted with stupid questions. At the very least journalists need to be able to ask follow up questions.

Edited by Van wink

Just over ten days ago my brother should have had a major major operation for cancer at the NNUH. It was cancelled at the last minute. I had taken him over from Lynn and dropped him off at 6.30am. He was sent home in a taxi at 5 oclock after being prepared for the op at nine. Since then it has been postponed twice more. The latest postponment was today. Again he should have been there 6.30am. The reason given....NO operating room PPE. 10 years of austerity has really worked. Now we have to wait again until new supplies come in.

• Sad 1

Looks like a lot of necessary procedures and operations are going to be put down as "non-emergency". My dad has had his scans postponed as they do not want anything or anyone non-covid related at their hospital. It is fully understandable just frustrating, especially what he has had to put up with over the last year.

Our daughter is a nurse in the heart of London. She has been putting 12 hour shifts in now for weeks. She is only dealing with virus patients and she and others have not had a test as yet. Two of the patients on her ward died last night. Mrs Shrimp is at her wits end with worry. We cannot even visit her now as we did at least once a month as she is terrified we will catch it.

My prayers go out to all of you shrimps. It must be such a burden of worry. Just have to hope that April brings a peak if the experts are to be believed and May starts to ease for everyone in the NHS.

Our daughter is a nurse in the heart of London. She has been putting 12 hour shifts in now for weeks. She is only dealing with virus patients and she and others have not had a test as yet. Two of the patients on her ward died last night. Mrs Shrimp is at her wits end with worry. We cannot even visit her now as we did at least once a month as she is terrified we will catch it.

Its a scandal that the Government is expecting medical staff to care for those with the condition without checking them. If they are working on coronavirus patient wards they ought to be tested every day if necessary.

I am lucky insofar as my last cancer treatment finished in November. Dreadful for those part way through or waiting to start.

Conversely, those similar to me will have very compromised immune systems and are duty bound to be ultra careful and not put added pressure on the NHS.

5 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Our daughter is a nurse in the heart of London. She has been putting 12 hour shifts in now for weeks. She is only dealing with virus patients and she and others have not had a test as yet. Two of the patients on her ward died last night. Mrs Shrimp is at her wits end with worry. We cannot even visit her now as we did at least once a month as she is terrified we will catch it.

Thoughts are with you, a tough tough situation to be in for you and your family.👍

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I am lucky insofar as my last cancer treatment finished in November. Dreadful for those part way through or waiting to start.

Conversely, those similar to me will have very compromised immune systems and are duty bound to be ultra careful and not put added pressure on the NHS.

There are a couple of members on here who know my medical history and I am in the same boat as you. I had six rounds of chemo and thirty doses of radiotherapy for cancer of the larynx  and gullet. Doing well but have two more visits to the NNUH and recieved a letter today saying that they are stopped for the forseeable future. Not worried for myself, but really worried for my brother who should have started his battle a couple of weeks ago.

28 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

There are a couple of members on here who know my medical history and I am in the same boat as you. I had six rounds of chemo and thirty doses of radiotherapy for cancer of the larynx  and gullet. Doing well but have two more visits to the NNUH and recieved a letter today saying that they are stopped for the forseeable future. Not worried for myself, but really worried for my brother who should have started his battle a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, that must be very worrying. Its bad enough having to go through it but to have it delayed with no new date for treatment is a real bummer. This virus couldn't have come at a worse time for you and your brother. Best wishes to both of you from a fellow sufferer and stay safe.👍

Thanks ricardo. I have already had a long and exciting life but I would like a bit more of it to be truthful.

You and I and other big C sufferers will keep a troshing as we say in these parts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Thanks ricardo. I have already had a long and exciting life but I would like a bit more of it to be truthful.

You and I and other big C sufferers will keep a troshing as we say in these parts.

Same here mate, they will have to drag my season ticket out of my cold dead hand👍😁

I went onto my page of a website for Prostate Cancer sufferers and all my records have been wiped. I went on because I am due for another test and wanted to check something. The only thing left are my personal details. Very strange.