Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Turning on Farke

Last night , after the game , the vast majority of fans clapped Farke off. Bearing the mind the Traveling fans in the heat of the moment are often the first to vent , the feeling towards DF is still good I would say. 

We forget he hasn’t any Prem experience either . 

I think he has a significant time left at City . Relegation won’t see him get the sack. 

We could go and get Big Sam or Mad Mick. Imagine them getting the best

out of Pukki? Or Emi ? 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Last night , after the game , the vast majority of fans clapped Farke off. Bearing the mind the Traveling fans in the heat of the moment are often the first to vent , the feeling towards DF is still good I would say. 

We forget he hasn’t any Prem experience either . 

I think he has a significant time left at City . Relegation won’t see him get the sack. 

We could go and get Big Sam or Mad Mick. Imagine them getting the best

out of Pukki? Or Emi ? 

Oh because Big Sam and Mad Mick are definitely our only two options aren't they.

(Although I don't want Farke sacked, I want to see Webber buy him some quality for once after an appalling 12 months in the transfer market). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Oh because Big Sam and Mad Mick are definitely our only two options aren't they.

(Although I don't want Farke sacked, I want to see Webber buy him some quality for once after an appalling 12 months in the transfer market). 

Great post . Very informative . I’m going back to watch the Wolves games 

PS Are you still a fully qualified Chareterd Accountant ? It’s just that you don’t seem to be very busy?  I could see if our company needs an FCA as some sort of assistant - our FD doesnt have time to go on football message boards. 

11 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is sad to see people starting to turn on Farke. It really is not his fault that the board have not backed him. And, in truth, he has worked miracles given the utter shambles he started with. Short memories from some- not so long ago we were staring another possible league one return in the face. The bottom line is that Alex Ferguson would struggle to have done much better with the squad we have, the lack of experience and a spend of peanuts in the summer.

The truth is that our squad, even when promoted, comprised some league 1 standard players (Heise, Srbeny, etc) - many mid champ level (Hanley, Trybull, Leitner, Zimmo) some top champ (Onel, Lewis, Vrancic, etc) and almost no prem quality (Pukki on form- er that is it) Yes in that group are also some young lads with value due to future potential- but as of now- the table speaks volumes. Lots of effort but too few points. 

Again not Farke's fault. Lay your anger at the feet of the board- or else buy into the idea that this is all part of a genius plan and be happy. But Farke, for my money, is not to blame. Would be gutted to see him made the scapegoat. 

Nurse!

He's out of bed again...

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Yep, spoilt was the right word.

I think this is where the real kids say 'OK boomer.' 

But to be serious, the idea I can't be discouraged by this season because of stuff that happened 30 years before I set foot in Carrow Road is a pretty ludicrous argument. 

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think this is where the real kids say 'OK boomer.' 

But to be serious, the idea I can't be discouraged by this season because of stuff that happened 30 years before I set foot in Carrow Road is a pretty ludicrous argument. 

Not really, we are all disappointed but we shouldn't be that surprised or angry. This was always going to be the most likely result although perhaps the weakness of the defence could have been addressed earlier.

Based on the entirety of our history we are about where we can sensibly expect to be and certainly in better shape financially and quality wise thanks to Farke and Webber.

I perfectly understand those who wish it were better but it's a bit churlish to complain about the ride we have had over the last decade and a half. Things look quite different from a sixty six year perspective as you may hopefully discover one day.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Not really, we are all disappointed but we shouldn't be that surprised or angry. This was always going to be the most likely result although perhaps the weakness of the defence could have been addressed earlier.

Based on the entirety of our history we are about where we can sensibly expect to be and certainly in better shape financially and quality wise thanks to Farke and Webber.

I perfectly understand those who wish it were better but it's a bit churlish to complain about the ride we have had over the last decade and a half. Things look quite different from a sixty six year perspective as you may hopefully discover one day.

Bang on. And you have 16 years more experience than me Ricardo. The odds were stacked at the start of the season. It's disappointing but we are still trying to play football, to entertain and build exciting teams of quality. In many ways we are in a better position than the 92/93 season, financially for sure. As for the dross of the mid 90s into the 2000s people seem to have short memories. Farke is an unusual manager in our history....arguably he seems more NCFC than Rioch, Roeder, Hughton, Lambert ever were (being selective).

I agree we might have invested more but it's across the team we have struggled not just in one department.

Edited by sonyc
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I think you're right. 

My Dad is always the first one to remind me just how lucky in reality I've had it for the past 15 years where I've been "properly" supporting Norwich. Pretty much something to play for in every season. A promotion or relegation only ever a couple seasons away.

He always says to appreciate it because theres nothing worse than being stuck in midtable in the same league for years on end with nothing to play for. Then we laugh together because thats exactly what Ipswich fans have had followed by a hilarious relegation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Great post . Very informative . I’m going back to watch the Wolves games 

PS Are you still a fully qualified Chareterd Accountant ? It’s just that you don’t seem to be very busy?  I could see if our company needs an FCA as some sort of assistant - our FD doesnt have time to go on football message boards. 

Well tell him I can get him a job with 30 days annual leave + bank holidays + the option to purchase up to 10 additional days + time in lieu for every hour worked over 42 hours in any given week. 

Ps. You can't spell. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

Agreed. 

I was born in the 90’s but you don’t need to look back to see how lucky we’ve been, comparing what I’ve witnessed with Norwich vs so many other teams (can start with down the road) and you seen réalisé I’ve got little to complain about.

The losers from this pitiful attempt to retain premiership status is the fans, another without a season ticket rise, I should think so aswell.

The management team have done a decent job, OK zonal marking, too late substitutions but the rest on the pitch is down to slightly above average players, well at least 60-40. But once again it's down to the board, totally no ambition as usual, and to hear during an interview Michael and Delia, say the biggest achievement in their time is to be debt free, well it's time you took ya money and got out, yes we should thank you for some of what they have done, but enough is enough.

3 hours ago, City fan said:

Anger should be directed at Delia. She is the common link. 

Why should there be any anger? We are pretty much where we expected to be, in a relegation battle. I’d hoped like many others that this team was capable of achieving mid table. But we’ve underestimated the task at hand. There’s nothing to be angry about, we’ve come up, and in the majority of games given it a good go and been competitive playing at time’s some great football. Ultimately We’re going to fall short because we’re not quite good enough for this level, and have at times been naive in our approach. Should we have spent a bit more? Of cause we should have. Would the outcome have been any different? Probably not.

Edited by JF
  • Like 3