Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

We can still do this!

It can be done.

Leicester in their 2014/15 season were also on 17 points at the same stage of the season and won 7 and drew 3 of their last 14 games, ending on 41 points. Also they didn't win a match in those 14 games until the last 9.

So even if we lose the next five games the precedent is still there from only five years ago - at 14 games to go, we are not anywhere near out of the race.

IT CAN BE DONE!

Anyone wants proof this was the case, link is here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Leicester_City_F.C._season

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

It can be done.

Leicester in their 2014/15 season were also on 17 points at the same stage of the season and won 7 and drew 3 of their last 14 games, ending on 41 points. Also they didn't win a match in those 14 games until the last 9.

So even if we lose the next five games the precedent is still there from only five years ago - at 14 games to go, we are not anywhere near out of the race.

IT CAN BE DONE!

That season always springs to my mind. I remember watching Leicester throughout that season and thinking “they’re playing too well to be relegated” and this is the sort of thing I’m hearing about us from other people.
However, I just have a horrible feeling it’s too little, too late for us and we’ll either cack out completely or we’ll end up agonisingly close, but ultimately down. Praying I’m wrong and miracles are made 

On 22/01/2020 at 22:28, Canary Jedi said:

Need to win 6 games. On paper we wouldn’t have said Spurs was one of them. Having said that gutted we didn’t get at least a draw,  however it has proven to me that we are good enough at this level because we created so many chances to have won the game. If we can keep this going until the end of the season then we’ve got a chance.

With West Ham currently 17th and averaging a point a game , looks like the cut may be higher than usual. 6 wins take us to 35 points which I don’t think will be enough . 

The Fat Lady is starting to clear her throat . We need 3pts at Newcastle.