Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

We can still do this!

Need to win 6 games. On paper we wouldn’t have said Spurs was one of them. Having said that gutted we didn’t get at least a draw,  however it has proven to me that we are good enough at this level because we created so many chances to have won the game. If we can keep this going until the end of the season then we’ve got a chance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Need to win 6 games. On paper we wouldn’t have said Spurs was one of them. Having said that gutted we didn’t get at least a draw,  however it has proven to me that we are good enough at this level because we created so many chances to have won the game. If we can keep this going until the end of the season then we’ve got a chance.

I agree we are 'good enough at this level' however, we play as a team destined for relegation unfortunately. We simply do not take our few chances, fail to enhance a position and often when under pressure, make unforced and silly mistakes.

That and the fact that lady luck has forgotten where we are adds up to the probable and likely. Time is running out quickly. Tonight was the night to play spurs and we fluffed our chance. A real shame

The problem is that all a team has to do is press high and our midfield will make a mistake. Happens every single game. 

Hasn't been fixed and will cost us more points. 

I agree, especially as this luck thing is supposed to even out over the season. We could well get a lot of unexpected and even undeserved points via VAR🙃

6 wins gives us 35 points.

The team in 17th has 1 point per game so far, which is 38 over a season.

Its likely we'll need more than 6 wins, unless we also get several draws.

We've scored 6 goals away from home all season, its not going to happen. 

To be fair Farke said 6 wins and a few draws.

In any case, the point of this post is immense positivity based on the last couple of performances!

Repeat after me ...

WE CAN DO THIS! 👍

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

To be fair Farke said 6 wins and a few draws.

In any case, the point of this post is immense positivity based on the last couple of performances!

Repeat after me ...

WE CAN DO THIS! 👍

We have 5 points from our last 5 games.

At this rate we'll get 14 more points this season.

That gives us 31 points. 

That's based on our last five results, which is what matters. It also applies if you want to talk about the past three results. 

Yes we can do this. We have been so close to getting more points and tonight was another one. We just need to keep going and one of these days the goals will go in. We are losing because we miss too many chances, not because we are a bad team. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Canary Jedi is LDC and I claim my £5

Haha

But LDC is right,   If we were not creating the chances we are I would agree we are doomed. But surely we can’t go through the rest of the season creating so many chances are not converting them?

Believe. 

PS it is rather worrying, I do often find myself agreeing with LDC,  maybe I am indeed the one and only LDC and also schizophrenic? 

Edited by Canary Jedi

Tonight showed exactly why we can not do this... another decent performance but we again missed 2 or 3 great opportunities and then handed spuds two gifts meaning we came away empty handed AGAIN. If you are not seeing a reoccurring theme here... so fed up after tonight as they were not good..that was their 1st win this year.. .

11 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

PS it is rather worrying, I do often find myself agreeing with LDC,  maybe I am indeed the one and only LDC and also schizophrenic? 

Have you started wearing a hat with corks dangling from it yet?......If so, you're beyond salvation......

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

I wish no offence to LDC and I do agree with a lot of what he says. However, a lot of what is said is obvious to anyone watching us this season. We are a decent team, we do create a number of chances but we make the same mistakes almost every game, either tactically or otherwise. And that is the hallmark of a team who usually end up relegated.

I am an absolute 100% Percy positive in every day life, but you sometimes have to look at the situation rationally and without passion or favour.

And that view is uncomfortable to me

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes we can do this. We have been so close to getting more points and tonight was another one. We just need to keep going and one of these days the goals will go in. We are losing because we miss too many chances, not because we are a bad team. 

Not true. We are losing because we cannot defend. We lost to Sheff Utd and Wolves because we can't defend; we lost at Villa because we can't defend; we lost at Southampton because we can't defend; we lost tonight because we can't defend. We make the same mistakes game after game after game; No one is learning - they just do the same things and expect different results - if we keep doing the same things we will keep losing.

It's still not too late to bring in a centre back and a striker or two, but our management team are either too stubborn or genuinely are not prepared to tell the likes of Zimmermann and Hanley that they are not good enough to play the Premier League. Add that to Farke's unwillingness to change anything in match, unlike the aforementioned teams who all beat us after making substitutions or changing shape.

We haven't got a cat in hell's chance of staying up.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Canary Jedi said:

Has the season ended already?

Of course not. Now you can see why they say misery loves company..

1 minute ago, sgncfc said:

Not true. We are losing because we cannot defend. We lost to Sheff Utd and Wolves because we can't defend; we lost at Villa because we can't defend; we lost at Southampton because we can't defend; we lost tonight because we can't defend. We make the same mistakes game after game after game; No one is learning - they just do the same things and expect different results - if we keep doing the same things we will keep losing.

It's still not too late to bring in a centre back and a striker or two, but our management team are either too stubborn or genuinely are not prepared to tell the likes of Zimmermann and Hanley that they are not good enough to play the Premier League. Add that to Farke's unwillingness to change anything in match, unlike the aforementioned teams who all beat us after making substitutions or changing shape.

We haven't got a cat in hell's chance of staying up.

And before I'm accused, I absolutely do not want Farke to go - but it would be nice if he could learn.

We could do this if we didn't keep finding ways to lose games.

We are our own worst enemy.

If we don't give away a goal on a set piece because of zonal unmarking we give one away by gifting the ball to our opponents in dangerous areas because of too much tippy tappy when safer options are available.

It's either one way, the other way or both ways.

We continue to have the inability to get a result after we go a goal down.

When we do go a goal down, and it becomes obvious that something needs to change, Farke changes nothing.

No subs, subs too late, wrong subs, no tactical changes, no Plan B. Nothing.

Stick to your strengths by all means but when you're in trouble, when you are desperate for a result and when your strengths are not being effective, do something different.

Good managers have the desire and ability to change things during a game. Sometimes changes work, sometimes they don't.

In this league you don't get anything unless you try.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Tonight showed exactly why we can not do this... another decent performance but we again missed 2 or 3 great opportunities and then handed spuds two gifts meaning we came away empty handed AGAIN. If you are not seeing a reoccurring theme here... so fed up after tonight as they were not good..that was their 1st win this year.. .

It's worse than that, it was there first win this decade.

Seriously, we are going down because we are not good enough. We play well in patches and we create chances but we don't take them, and then we give goals away, and we don't get any luck. That is a recipe for relegation. There is no shame in it, it is what it is.

If we all start thinking we’re down then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. I believe in the power of positive thinking. I’m not an idiot, I realise it’s a big ask, but think about it, we’re only two wins away from safety at the moment. Doesn’t sound so bad when you put it like that right? 

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

FFS. 

10 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

It doesn’t matter who we play, we just don’t seem to be good enough to do it

4 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Two wins and we’re back in the game

We've won 4 games in 24. Where are two wins coming from suddenly? By all means keep supporting the team and hoping - but be realistic. Farke and the team must keep believing it's possible, but if Webber isn't already planning for the Championship I'd be astonished.

It looks incredibly unlikely and would be one of the survival runs in Premier League history, so let's be honest about that. It's not impossible though. The problem is even our good performances aren't quite good enough to get the results we need. But i'm happy with how we're playing, I enjoy watching us, I like this squad and I like our manager. So i'll have a bit of hope till the end and if not i'll look forward to next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

It looks incredibly unlikely and would be one of the survival runs in Premier League history, so let's be honest about that. It's not impossible though. The problem is even our good performances aren't quite good enough to get the results we need. But i'm happy with how we're playing, I enjoy watching us, I like this squad and I like our manager. So i'll have a bit of hope till the end and if not i'll look forward to next season.

Enjoy them as much as you can before they start leaving.

• Like 1