Sign in to follow this  
Happy_Hammer

Yet another Ashton thread..

Evening all, one of the East London lot here.

First of all, just like to say that i''v always had a soft spot for Naarwich, especially now as you seem to be in the exact same position we were two years ago (doubts over the manager, struggling to make the play-offs) and i hope we end up seeing you next year in the Prem.

But im interested to know what you think of the Ashton affair. Do you think the rumours are just paper talk? or do you think that theres something in it and hes destined to be a hammer?

Cheers

Hello Happy,

Who knows? The thing about Ashton is he clearly hasn''t asked for a move or agitated for one, he is an honest if slightly introverted lad who takes his football seriously.

If West Ham want to pay such a high price for Deano and he wants to join you (I would have sold for 7 mil) he would go with good wishes as he did from Crewe.

Ashton committed himself to Norwich and Worthington has let him down. By his failure to build a team around Ashton Worthington is denying Norwich supporters in all aspects.

Ashton would flourish in the West Ham system.

By the way, with your need to state you are one of the ''East London lot'' I presume you live no further down the A12 than Chelmsford and as for soft spots we have one here for some of your so called supporters at the recent cup match: it is called Breydon, check it out.

hammer experince shows, there''s always hope, hammers had to bit the bullet and ditch roeder to move on, although pardew had a rough ride ''til he came good.worthy said tonight the offers received for deano have not been accepted by the club. looks like west ham are seriously interested, but they have to match city''s valuation.  you have to think, by monday p/m all will be clear in this saga.

well the west ham interest is real - all reports are being linked from either ashtons agent (his uncle) or west ham. its up2 the board to all agree on the sale though, and i think thats where any likely glitch may appear  - at the end of the day is a toss up between selling and giving a under pressure boss the money or hanging on for less money in the summer, but being able to poss give it to a new manager. the way you play he''ll score a sack full for you, and will no doubt prove his worth (when he''s not injured) can u tell me what elliott ward is like please (he''s rumoured to be being used as bait)

Ward is a very good, young center back who is currently plying his trade at Plymouth. He would be an excellent signing for you lot, but he''s hold in high regard at Upton Park and you''d have to pay silly money to get him away from us.

Why do you think Ashton would fit in so well at West Ham? Is it a lack of decent service thats holding him back at your end?

And sorry Rudolph mate, East London born and bred im afraid.