Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

What makes Farke special then?

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I actually think that (save for one or two instances at old Trafford) we have improved our marking and defending from set pieces in recent weeks. Some of this may have been due to Hanley coming into the side to cover for Godfrey but we seem to be getting our head to the ball first far more regularly than we were a couple of months ago so something seems to have been done.

Now just for those subs when players are clearly completely knackered and the opposition are getting on top...…. I don't think I agree with the view that its less of a concern because Farke doesn't have the same options as other managers to change games. That may be true in forward areas but in midfield we have several back up players who are all of similar quality and capable of bring "fresh legs" or physicality to the team at times when the starters are tiring. Trybull on has been an obvious move in several recent games and in my view he should have started at Old Trafford. 

Perhaps so re subs, but I’m not sure we have the players to totally change the system. Fresh legs at the 70 minute mark isn’t the same as taking off a defensive midfielder for an out and out winger and changing your 4231 to a flat 442 on the 55 minute mark. Or maybe go 352 etc. Mourinho not uncommonly makes first half subs or two/three subs at the same time fairly early in a game to change the whole set up. 

In recent games it's been Byram in the near post getting to the ball first. McLean is another who attacks the ball. I'm pretty sure we actually defend zonally and man to man. A lot of teams seem to.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Staying on topic. 

How have these aged Kirku? That's just from one day.

The hypocrisy in that post is absolutely staggering. You have temper tantrums when people disagree with you, call them "stalkers" (or derivatives thereof) and in response to being called out on it, dredge up posts from 2 years ago that you weren't involved in?

I guess I should be flattered that you went to all that trouble - how much time did you spend on that? Incredible.

Anyway - I've been expressing opinions on this board over the years and I call it as I see it at the time. I don't pretend or try to be some infallible football sage and anyone who pretends otherwise is a moron.

Edited by kirku
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The message board police already had their say. And the amount of times you post up about other posters you're probably chief Constable...

Chill out and have a mug of tea.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Chill out and have a mug of tea.

One man's Chief Constable on the internet is another's Keyboard Kate .. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

That's all very well Teemu but it would be fair if you said who you posted as back then so you could be checked out....

More than happy to if the Archant guys will delete my phone number and email address from an old thread where I was hunting tickets (and after I've waited for it to come off Google), I'll ping him a message sometime. Not sure I'd want wcorkcanary having my name and contact details.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

More than happy to if the Archant guys will delete my phone number and email address from an old thread where I was hunting tickets (and after I've waited for it to come off Google), I'll ping him a message sometime. Not sure I'd want wcorkcanary having my name and contact details.

Yes, so you've said before. Only last time you said it was years ago🙃

38 minutes ago, kirku said:

The hypocrisy in that post is absolutely staggering. You have temper tantrums when people disagree with you, call them "stalkers" (or derivatives thereof) and in response to being called out on it, dredge up posts from 2 years ago that you weren't involved in?

I guess I should be flattered that you went to all that trouble - how much time did you spend on that? Incredible.

Anyway - I've been expressing opinions on this board over the years and I call it as I see it at the time. I don't pretend or try to be some infallible football sage and anyone who pretends otherwise is a moron.

If you can crawl through my posts and call me out for suggesting Pukki be tried as a number 10 then I can look at your old posts and call you out for saying Krul isn't good enough. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yes, so you've said before. Only last time you said it was years ago🙃

And I've contradicted that how? I've had my email address 17 years and my mobile number 12 years!

3 hours ago, Herman said:

I was one that wouldn't have been too upset if Farke was replaced at the beginning of last season. Can't remember who else. 

I will happily hold my hand up and say that I thought his contract would be allowed to run out and he and the club go there separate ways. Very clearly wrong and happy to be proved so.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nutty will put you right. Hogesar will then back him all the way.

It really does depend on who has custody this weekend, I think it could be Purples turn 🤔😀

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And I've contradicted that how? I've had my email address 17 years and my mobile number 12 years!

I didn't say you'd contradicted. I just said that last time you said it was ages ago and you rarely posted. Yet now you seem to remember what was posted last season.

As for your phone number, you probably are best not to make it public on here. I have done and suffered for it in the past.

1 minute ago, JF said:

It really does depend on who has custody this weekend, I think it could be Purples turn 🤔😀

Chief Constable probably has a custody record...

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I didn't say you'd contradicted. I just said that last time you said it was ages ago and you rarely posted. Yet now you seem to remember what was posted last season.

As for your phone number, you probably are best not to make it public on here. I have done and suffered for it in the past.

Nutty knows best. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If you can crawl through my posts and call me out for suggesting Pukki be tried as a number 10 then I can look at your old posts and call you out for saying Krul isn't good enough. 

I didn't "crawl through your posts", because your responses to me earlier this season stood out as especially infantile.

Equating that with actually trawling through posts from 2018 is as hilarious as it is sad.

Likewise for drawing parallels between your absurd suggestion of putting our biggest goal threat by far and best striker for years at #10 and thinking it's comparable to stating Krul wasn't good enough at the start of his City career (he wasn't).

Even though you actually quoted me from a match thread where I said Krul and Pinto were culpable for a goal conceded...top work there Sherlock.

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You wish . 😇

1 hour ago, kirku said:

I don't pretend or try to be some infallible football sage and anyone who pretends otherwise is a moron.

Oh but there are a some that do kirku.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder what you're like off here Midlands. Do you go around the pub trying to upset people? Or aren't you noticed....

Honestly I’m fine. Have you ever self analysed yourself ? 

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I wonder what you're like off here Midlands. Do you go around the pub trying to upset people? Or aren't you noticed....

And with that I wish you a lovely evening. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Honestly I’m fine. Have you ever self analysed yourself ? 

No,  and I'm not analysing you. It's probably more generalising from what I've seen before. You know how that works don't you?

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Nutty will put you right. Hogesar will then back him all the way.

Bloody hell even when I'm not here you cant get enough of me can you? I am flattered. As I'm sure is Morty who it appears some people cant get over years after he last posted.

12 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

You don't need to have an active account or any account at all to read this forum, I've never stopped reading, apart from probably a year when Lakey and Morty were ruining almost every post on the forum with their daily spats and it became unreadable. 

Goodness knows why only one of those idiots got banned for completely ruining the forum for the other 11000 members. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

Bloody hell even when I'm not here you cant get enough of me can you? I am flattered.

Hell will freeze over first hoggy when the day comes that you do not post. 😂😛

4 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You don't need to have an active account or any account at all to read this forum, I've never stopped reading, apart from probably a year when Lakey and Morty were ruining almost every post on the forum with their daily spats and it became unreadable. 

Goodness knows why only one of those idiots got banned for completely ruining the forum for the other 11000 members. 

Only one of them was actually abusive, that's  why. So we kept Lakeyo and got rid of the one that wasn't 👍🤔😂😦😂

Apologies  to LDC. He knows I'm only teasing.