Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

What makes Farke special then?

On 22/01/2020 at 21:30, TeemuVanBasten said:

The real 'special one' was the Spurs manager today, he responded to his teams failings with substitutions at various stages, seemed to be pretty effective if you ask me. 

He made subs, he won the game.

I think the OP is a fair one and no manager is perfect, Farke isn’t immune to criticism and one of my disappointments of this season are games where we appear to just lose it a bit. Sheffield United second half, the various away games at the likes of Palace, Burnley, West Ham and maybe one or two more. We did nothing to change anything and never looked like threatening.

with that said, and related to what I’ve quoted, Farke doesn’t have the ability to bring on players currently being courted by the likes of Inter and Barcelona. So I do have some sympathy.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Awesome, let’s turn on the manager (who produced a miracle last season) when things get tough. Good old Pink Un message board, never disappoints. 

*sighs deeply*

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Awesome, let’s turn on the manager (who produced a miracle last season) when things get tough. Good old Pink Un message board, never disappoints. 

Blindly believing that a football manager is a "genius" who can do no wrong isn't a sensible and pragmatic position to take, and that's just as big of a problem as the people who criticise everything and anything the club ever does. 

There has to be a middle ground where people are able to point out both the good and bad. 

Excellent man manager, possibly not a great game manager. 

• Like 1

I've not seen anyone, even myself (the King Happy Clapper according to yourself) say that Farke is a genius who can do no wrong.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've not seen anyone, even myself (the King Happy Clapper according to yourself) say that Farke is a genius who can do no wrong.

A small but merry army of happy clappers jump on anybody who dares suggest that there is anything wrong with any aspect of the reich from the boardroom down. 

Criticise game management for example, and they claim that people are "turning" on Farke, or accuse people of wanting Tony Pulis, when in fact I haven't seen a single poster actually suggest that they want Farke sacked! 

If you want to see what "turning" on Farke looks like then just go back to April 2018 on this forum, where plenty of long term posters were calling for him to get the sack. Some of the usernames will surprise you 😉

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

46 minutes ago, hogesar said:

No that was Delia & Webber wasn't it 😉

I actually think that (save for one or two instances at old Trafford) we have improved our marking and defending from set pieces in recent weeks. Some of this may have been due to Hanley coming into the side to cover for Godfrey but we seem to be getting our head to the ball first far more regularly than we were a couple of months ago so something seems to have been done.

Now just for those subs when players are clearly completely knackered and the opposition are getting on top...…. I don't think I agree with the view that its less of a concern because Farke doesn't have the same options as other managers to change games. That may be true in forward areas but in midfield we have several back up players who are all of similar quality and capable of bring "fresh legs" or physicality to the team at times when the starters are tiring. Trybull on has been an obvious move in several recent games and in my view he should have started at Old Trafford. 

28 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A small but merry army of happy clappers jump on anybody who dares suggest that there is anything wrong with any aspect of the reich from the boardroom down. 

Criticise game management for example, and they claim that people are "turning" on Farke, or accuse people of wanting Tony Pulis, when in fact I haven't seen a single poster actually suggest that they want Farke sacked! 

If you want to see what "turning" on Farke looks like then just go back to April 2018 on this forum, where plenty of long term posters were calling for him to get the sack. Some of the usernames will surprise you 😉

I certainly was not one of them. Name some names please ! 

We have gone down with four managers, we’ve gone up with managers, we’ve sacked and changed mangers, there’s no certain formula for success......

Farke is young in the top flight in the first year, we’re an exciting young side who have not been embarrassed playing in the best league in the world.

Our squad is not strong enough to stay here, he’s no doubt made mistakes and I’m sure if you ask him he’ll say the bench doesn’t have the quality to change the game, results will back that up as we’ve not take a point from losing positions.

Yes he’s going to get relegated but I’d rather have him and his brilliant brand of football than boredom of Alex Niels football.

8 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

If we stay up or bounce back up next year, will there be some apologies? I think not..

Slinging mud is a lot easier than cleaning it up  . 

45 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

If we stay up or bounce back up next year, will there be some apologies? I think not..

Apologies to who? And for what? 

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Apologies to who? And for what? 

To me, for starters, unless you can come up with the  long awaited Webber quote '.  You were very rude, despite the fact that all I did was refuse to be fobbed off when you referenced  a quote that you haven't ,as yet anyway, produced. 

As talking heads  said " I'm  still waiting".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rolf Harris said:

And if we don't will there be apologies from the other side? I highly doubt it.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

To me, for starters, unless you can come up with the  long awaited Webber quote '.  You were very rude, despite the fact that all I did was refuse to be fobbed off when you referenced  a quote that you haven't ,as yet anyway, produced. 

As talking heads  said " I'm  still waiting".

I'd genuinely rather eat cat sh*t than apologise to you for that. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd genuinely rather eat cat sh*t than apologise to you for that. 

By what comes out of your potty mouth,  it seems you are a regular  jobbiemuncher already. I imagine your breath is as foul as your persona.

Childish nomark. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

By what comes out of your potty mouth,  it seems you are a regular  hobbies muncher. I imagine your breath is as foul as your persona.

Childish nomark. 

If anybody cared to calculate what percentage of your last few hundred posts are directed at me they would see why I have such a problem with you, and why i'm so happy to tell you to f*ck the f*ck off you utter freak Had you on block for two months, you're going straight back on.

Seriously, please just leave me the f*ck alone. I've never known anybody to be as obsessed by another member on here since Morty and Lakey had their war. 

It genuinely makes me question your sanity and if I knew I lived within 50 miles of you I'd literally be looking over my shoulder! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Who the hell is this Morty chap that people go on about ? 

Don't know really but he hated Lakey and Lakey hated him. I should think half of Norwich knew that. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't know really but he hates Lakey and Lakey hated him.  The whole of  Norwich knew that. 

They should meet up at that pub/hotel by the river and make friends. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don't know really but he hates Lakey and Lakey hated him.  The whole of  Norwich knew that. 

The whole of Norwich hated Morty ? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

The whole of Norwich hated Morty ? 

Half of Norwich knew that Morty and Lakey hated each other as they arguede In every thread on here. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

They should meet up at that pub/hotel by the river and make friends. 

They can toss eachother off in the gents for all I care, as long as nobody suggests I make friends with my stalker.