Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Not good enough

Spurs were there for the taking tonight, just like so many teams who have comfortably beaten us this season. We are the worst team in this division without question. Players not good enough. Manager nowhere near good enough as he proved with yet another display of woeful game management. Board not good enough. Club not good enough. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Pukki has lost his scoring ability apart from pen should have had two tonight and again subs far to late

I don’t think he’s lost his scoring ability, he’s now scoring at a normal rate. The problem could well though be that his unusually good season last year rather papered over some inadequacies in the rest of the side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aggy said:

I don’t think he’s lost his scoring ability, he’s now scoring at a normal rate. The problem could well though be that his unusually good season last year rather papered over some inadequacies in the rest of the side.

Should have had one last week and two tonight would like him to have Idah with him for support for part of the game think farke was wrong to omit him completely 

1 minute ago, Aggy said:

10 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Pukki has lost his scoring ability apart from pen should have had two tonight and again subs far to late

I agree last season he would have put those two away.

one free kick on half way line passed backwards next pass back to goalkeeper, unbelievable.

Why on earth would a free kick be sideways or backwards ? We must be the only team who does this consistently 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

They really were, we look so slow every game, looking forward to seeing some youth in the champs next season who can actually run

Slow?  Were you watchingt the game? We were all over them in the second half for a spell.

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Your post is. It was a great effort to get back into the match and for a spell Spurs were reeling. Unlucky.

Spurs got lucky with their winner, granted, but we're not unlucky to be bottom of the league after 24 games. We're giving it our all, but we're just not good enough for this level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Not sure about that, I can think of at least three chances you would have expected him to take (Wolves, Bournemouth and tonight) but  did not, earlier in the season he would have taken them (I think the MOTD pundits made a similar point after the Wolves game). Not having a go at Teemu, I just think he has not quite got his mojo back after his injury........

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

I agree last season he would have put those two away.

one free kick on half way line passed backwards next pass back to goalkeeper, unbelievable.

Why on earth would a free kick be sideways or backwards ? We must be the only team who does this consistently 

The players are clearly being told to play this way. I have said before every other team in this league knows that if they press us we will give it away. 

As big a tool as the OP clearly is, unfortunately he’s pretty much right with the majority of that post. We’re not good enough at this level and the table doesn’t lie, we’re bottom because we’re the worst team in the league. The way Spurs played tonight, very few other teams in the league would have lost to them. 

35 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Spurs were there for the taking tonight, just like so many teams who have comfortably beaten us this season. We are the worst team in this division without question. Players not good enough. Manager nowhere near good enough as he proved with yet another display of woeful game management. Board not good enough. Club not good enough. 

Keith old boy. Despite this are you thinking we are playing to our maximum potential?

6 minutes ago, JF said:

As big a tool as the OP clearly is, unfortunately he’s pretty much right with the majority of that post. We’re not good enough at this level and the table doesn’t lie, we’re bottom because we’re the worst team in the league. The way Spurs played tonight, very few other teams in the league would have lost to them. 

The OP is a WUM, simple as that........

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Ohh, look who it is. What a surprise. Ignore.

Keith's firing his ack ack anti-aircraft guns at your flying pigs......"OINK!"......

25 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Your post is. It was a great effort to get back into the match and for a spell Spurs were reeling. Unlucky.

24 games into the season and we perhaps ought to consider the possibility that our league position isn't down to a shortage of luck, but rather inadequacies and failings on and off the pitch that need to be learned from.

And dismissing those shortcomings as bad luck, as you so often seem to want to do, isn't at all conducive to learning from them and trying to overcome them in the future. Accepting them and then planning to rectify them feels like a far more appropriate course of action.

Our league position is such because we are not quite good enough, that is my opinion, I do not think we are terrible, just not quite good enough.

We can debate all day and all night about whether or not spending more than we did in the summer would have made a difference, as long as we understand that whatever we say is an opinion rather than a fact. I fully understand the financial constraints we are operating under (and again we can debate al day and all night in respect of the financial model and/or ownership as long as we understand whatever we say is an opinion or fact).

For what is is worth, my opinion is that given the prize money for finishing bottom of the Premier League we should have spent more than we did in the summer, personally I would have liked to have seen a couple of quality loan signings, a centre back, a holding midfielder (I am not convinced by Amadou) and a better purchase than Drmic (i am not convinced by him either) as back up to Pukki. I acknowledge that this approach does not guarantee we stay up, but i feel it may have given us a fighting chance.

Again for what it is worth I think we will get relegated, what is fact is that two teams are coming down with us, looking at the league table tonight they are teams that some would consider "established" and/or who have spent an awful to of money, make of that what you will.

I personally think that Daniel Farke is a talented Head Coach, the main area he needs to improve on for me is his substitutions, they really do need to start changing games or what is the pint of making them?

I have no issue with people expressing an opinion and getting upset at our plight, that is their right...me....I will have a little grumble now and then, but I intend to enjoy the rest of this season and as many future seasons I can as watching Norwich City.

Peace, love and On the Ball City to each and everyone of you........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Ohh, look who it is. What a surprise. Ignore.

We are the worst team as we are bottom. That is how league work. Its a game you get points for beating or drawing. Its frustrating because we are not far off but we have not supported Farke so it is what it is

I thought we lacked the quality again to see them off. Duda and Rupp aren’t special at this level. Cantwell looked our best player, but his tracking back on second goal was criminal. Pukki should have put us 2-0 up. Opportunity squandered again. Going down unless there is a remarkable tactical switch 

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Our league position is such because we are not quite good enough, that is my opinion, I do not think we are terrible, just not quite good enough.

We can debate all day and all night about whether or not spending more than we did in the summer would have made a difference, as long as we understand that whatever we say is an opinion rather than a fact. I fully understand the financial constraints we are operating under (and again we can debate al day and all night in respect of the financial model and/or ownership as long as we understand whatever we say is an opinion or fact).

For what is is worth, my opinion is that given the prize money for finishing bottom of the Premier League we should have spent more than we did in the summer, personally I would have liked to have seen a couple of quality loan signings, a centre back, a holding midfielder (I am not convinced by Amadou) and a better purchase than Drmic (i am not convinced by him either) as back up to Pukki. I acknowledge that this approach does not guarantee we stay up, but i feel it may have given us a fighting chance.

Again for what it is worth I think we will get relegated, what is fact is that two teams are coming down with us, looking at the league table tonight they are teams that some would consider "established" and/or who have spent an awful to of money, make of that what you will.

I personally think that Daniel Farke is a talented Head Coach, the main area he needs to improve on for me is his substitutions, they really do need to start changing games or what is the pint of making them?

I have no issue with people expressing an opinion and getting upset at our plight, that is their right...me....I will have a little grumble now and then, but I intend to enjoy the rest of this season and as many future seasons I can as watching Norwich City.

Peace, love and On the Ball City to each and everyone of you........

I also have no issue with those who want to give up and wave the white flag. However I'm not going to join them and some of them seem to have an issue with that.

10 minutes ago, BarcelonaCanary said:

I thought we lacked the quality again to see them off. Duda and Rupp aren’t special at this level. Cantwell looked our best player, but his tracking back on second goal was criminal. Pukki should have put us 2-0 up. Opportunity squandered again. Going down unless there is a remarkable tactical switch 

That’s another main problem, relying on one player to get the goals. Todd has chipped in with a few but no one else is scoring. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s another main problem, relying on one player to get the goals. Todd has chipped in with a few but no one else is scoring. 

Problem is nobody else is even hitting the target.... or a shot is getting blocked (happened once at the weekend and once tonight) 

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Slow?  Were you watchingt the game? We were all over them in the second half for a spell.

For a spell 😂 yes I watched the game tar