Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Spurs*****

Same old. Miss chances and get punished for mistakes. Embarrassing it happens every game.

Nothing a few million quid couldn't have improved!

People blaming Cantwell for that don't understand football. 

Well thank you for putting us right. Cantwell had control of it and turned. Hanley's job is to pass it to him and not hoof it up field. Cantwell has been the best of our attacking midfield but slipped up on that occasion. Rupp and Duda are leaving him with too much to do. 

Hernandez must come on for Rupp if we think we can get something.

We've had 50% of the possession but 90% of that has been in our half. 

Why is Rupp starting over Hernandez? Tettey and Zimmenann are awful. Krul cannot kick a ball! Cantwell got young and naive at the wrong time. Most of these issues could be spoken about regular. I like Farke, but seriously, change it up 

• Haha 1

Once again we look tired - although strangely a bit more perky after the goal.

haven't noticed Duda - is he playing too deep? Ruup certainly is. I think we need Onel to give them something to think about.

Cantwell has been excellent in attack. Trouble is he tries the same tricks in defence. You just cannot do that.

If you forget about avoiding the drop and simply try to enjoy the game then we're only one goal behind at Tottenham.

If people thought Bournemouth was  a poor game I don't know what they make of this one. We just aren't playing well.

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why is Rupp starting over Hernandez? Tettey and Zimmenann are awful. Krul cannot kick a ball! Cantwell got young and naive at the wrong time. Most of these issues could be spoken about regular. I like Farke, but seriously, change it up 

Not so.

We're still in this. Absolutely imperative we don't concede again or its curtains. Pukki should have put at least one away, his finishing is a bit off at the minute. Still, I fancy him to score tonight. Hernandez and Drmic to inject a bit of speed and directness? 

3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

People blaming Cantwell for that don't understand football. 

Well thank you for putting us right. Cantwell had control of it and turned. Hanley's job is to pass it to him and not hoof it up field. Cantwell has been the best of our attacking midfield but slipped up on that occasion. Rupp and Duda are leaving him with too much to do. 

Hernandez must come on for Rupp if we think we can get something.

Bit in bold is exactly what I'm saying though, our players under pressure to play the ball every time, and too easy for a manager like Mourinho to get his players to exploit that. 

Go back and watch the Man City win, a game where we weren't afraid to just boot the ball into the stands if we felt that was the safer option. Thus we are too predictable, because we play the ball out every time, and Cantwell was the only ball he could play. 

When you've got a player as limited as Grant Hanley you have to be prepared to accept that it is better for him to hoof it like Malky Mackay now and again, otherwise things like this will happen. 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If you forget about avoiding the drop and simply try to enjoy the game then we're only one goal behind at Tottenham.

If people thought Bournemouth was  a poor game I don't know what they make of this one. We just aren't playing well.

I'm going to grab a beer and enjoy the game either way.

People moan we didn't make signings, now moan effing hernandez hadn't started over Rupp! 

Make your bloody minds up! 

We are playing too deep because we have to in order to stop spurs! A blind person could work that out. 

As for Duda. Imagine if we had payed 25 million for him as some demanded we **** that sort of money. 

You'd have had your pitchforks out how average he is! 

Welcome to the billionaires league clueless folk 

18 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Tettey a liability in the last 5 minutes. Missing Emi's creativity and Pukki should have at least hit the target with his chance. 

Tettey isn't consistently good enough for this level anymore. He's just not mobile enough and his passing under pressure is poor. This is where you have to look at the Amadou situation and wonder if he should have been used more, so that he could've been a credible option at this point of the season. Week in, week out, with Tettey, isn't where we should be now. 

Edited by Il Pirata
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Drmic?

If we're relying on him were are well & truely done for

He should be good for the last 20.....seconds.

Edited by Il Pirata

1 minute ago, Il Pirata said:

Tettey isn't consistently good enough for this level anymore. He's just not mobile enough and his passing under pressure is poor. This is where you have to look at the Amadou situation and wonder if he should have been used more, so that he could have been a credible option by now. Week in, week out with Tettey isn't where we should be now. 

That is spot on and squarely on farkes shoulders.

Why the hell did we sign him? 

Just now, Nono said:

That is spot on and squarely on farkes shoulders.

Why the hell did we sign him? 

Does Farke make the signings? 

Or Webber?

I don't know the answer to that question, but none of us really do. We do however know that James Husband was with Webber at Huddersfield. 

I also know that if you aren't given any sort of transfer budget and are relying on the loan market for your new defensive midfielder then you aren't going to have much to choose from, and usually it will be somebody who has failed to some degree at their parent club. 

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Amazed Todd wasn’t sent off. Not because he deserved it, just VAR.

Deserved the yellow though, and was completely needless petulance. 

15 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Too timid for me in going backwards in decent possesion and just giving the ball away too many times. We look relegation fodder at this moment. Almost like we've given Spurs too much respect. All that said we had 3 decent chances and not one on target!

We've been guilty of that for a few games now, we MIGHT get lucky and score if we keep at it. 

Time for cantwell to come off. Awful player at this level I'm afraid. Lightweight and inneffectual. 

No way was that a penalty for anyone. However we can't keep missing these chances....