Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official match thread v Spurs*****

Just now, kick it off said:

**** performance first half. Better for half an hour in second. Ridiculous luck with accidental blocks and then the bizarre deflection that of course drops on sons head on the goal line.

i am so sick of this ****ing season

Couldnt agree more KIO, just wish it would end NOW.

• Like 3

I love the way Farke wants to play football  , but sadly he aint got the players to pull it off . He will be a top manager but sadly not with us, we just cant afford the quailty of player he needs to play his way.

• Like 1

In this style of play I actually think we are playing to our full potential. Which isn't good enough.

• Like 2

Krul should've really done better with that second goal. Was going to charge ball first and then hesitated and stayed badly positioned. Such a gifted goal. 

Pretty divided match. Tettey was giving so many mispasses in dangerous area. Duda was totally anonymous on 1st half, but much improved on second.

In general, amount of mispasses on dangerous areas today was pretty high.

But at the times it was good game, and on 1-1 I was expecting us to score a winner as the game was so well under control..

• Like 1

Spurs were there for the taking and a better team would have punished them tonight. We’re simply not good enough for this league. Bang average opposition that somehow again we’ve managed to lose against 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

I love the way Farke wants to play football  , but sadly he aint got the players to pull it off . He will be a top manager but sadly not with us, we just cant afford the quailty of player he needs to play his way.

But can these players do better with a different manager? If you can't manage with what you've got well are you a top manager?

Farke is showing like Alex Neil. No plan B

Edited by KiwiScot

Meanwhile Burnley who've been on a shocking run themselves are winning comfortably at Old Trafford against a very average United side.. who spanked us well and truly.  We're either dire or plucky and unlucky like tonight. Either way its not going to cut it, sadly.

This wasn’t ever really likely to be one of the ‘8’ we needed to win, but we can definitely consider ourselves pretty unlucky not to get a point.

It always comes back to conceding far too many - the stats don’t lie, it’s two+ a game and until that changes we aren’t going to get much from many games. 

• Like 1

Played well for the most part, probably deserved a point. But us lacking that little bit of quality alongside getting absolutely 0 luck in any which way is where we've lost these odd points can build up.

• Like 1

In all honesty all the opposition manager has to do to beat us is to get his players to press until we make the inevitable mistake that gets turned over and punished. The amount of times we gave away cheap possession in our own half was criminal 

Our passing out from the back style is easy on the eye but so ineffective. Every pundit and commentator slates it but still we persist. Getting hack off with always losing games we really shouldn't. Dreadful ball retention from the midfield tonight and Farke tardy with the subs as per ****ing usual. 

I'm afraid that's why we're going down.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

But can these players do better with a different manager? If you can't manage with what you've got well are you a top manager?

He has his style and it wont go unnoticed hence him being linked with Dortmund .  Liked i said and so have many others he has had no backing and is working with bang average players for this level . 

The lack of game/squad management from Farke is really beginning to grind my gears.

Yes the second goal was unlucky but as pointed out on commentary it also stems from a clearly dead on his feet Cantwell being unable to chase back and cover because Farke absolutely refuses to make subs until it is too late.

Don't even get me started about bringing on Steipermann two minutes into injury time- what is the ****ing point?

7 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Meanwhile Burnley who've been on a shocking run themselves are winning comfortably at Old Trafford against a very average United side.. who spanked us well and truly.  We're either dire or plucky and unlucky like tonight. Either way its not going to cut it, sadly.

Burnley aren't stuck in some utopian fantasy ideology which sees them have to put themselves in dangerous situations constantly just so we can pat ourselves on the back and say that we try and play the game the right way.

They realise that when you have your fair share of very limited footballers and are coming up against the likes of Martial and Mata it might be a good idea to hold your nose and just rough them up a bit, kick the ball into row Z now and again.

Every team in this league capable of pulling beautiful football, just that the rest of the teams outside of the top 4/5 realise that its not always a good idea to attempt it. 

We're weird naive ideologues with a warped vision of football and think we're the next Ajax, and every other football team just sees a Championship team who can play a bit sometimes with a few players worth pinching in the summer. That's reality. 

I would imagine the players are quiet tired and fitness is way off in this league. The players are suited to the championship where they will excel.

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Played well for the most part, probably deserved a point. But us lacking that little bit of quality alongside getting absolutely 0 luck in any which way is where we've lost these odd points can build up.

I might agree but you wont get any luck if you don't put the ball into the box. I fear we are trying to walk the ball into the net and Pukki just isn't that clinical at present.

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Is this a heresy?

Pukki is not sharp enough recently.

We are not converting enough of our chances.

It is totally fair.

But our bargain basement budget means we either have a perma crock or a teenager as options to rotate so we can't give him a break.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

He has his style and it wont go unnoticed hence him being linked with Dortmund .  Liked i said and so have many others he has had no backing and is working with bang average players for this level . 

I just don't think it's fair to excuse Farke from blame just because he doesn't get the money or the players he and webber signed who don't upgrade to the premier league. He has to get them to play whaever the method.

Across the board we are not ready/right for the premier league.

Edited by KiwiScot
Beer
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

I would imagine the players are quiet tired and fitness is way off in this league. The players are suited to the championship where they will excel.

Aww bless.

But I agree they are nowhere near the fitness levels required.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Aww bless.

Just stating what is true. We can't run around for 90 minutes.. The fitness isn't there.

13 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

So bascially it says Farke is getting the most from the squad and what we've already said that a far from 1st rate Spurs were there for the taking? However it states that their win was not from flair, but graft and directness. That said then so we just keep to our style and accept we don't get the run of the play?

At the moment we are not good enough across the board. I'd like to see Farke given more time(another season or 2) as I have he has done well so far.

Edited by KiwiScot

Aww bless.

Our fitness levels were top notch last season. Have they changed fitness regimes or is it simply having to chase more due to higher quality opposition?

56 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Our game management is diabolical.

6 minutes added time and we are still stroking the ball along the back line as if we are 4-0 up

We did exactly the same last season, but that was seen as evidence of how we stuck to our principles and didn’t abandon our way of playing. This season we go 2-1 down to Spurs (note, Spurs, not Millwall) and it’s “why dunt we kick it long Neeyul?”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aww bless.

I'm not sure about this.

We actually picked up second half - even after the first goal as i commented earlier - & I suspect it's as much about confidence as anything. We played them off the park for much of the second half.

I love watching this team play, most weeks we play better, more skillful football than the opposition (witness max vs. Sessignon tonight!). All our players can bring the ball under instant control -  even the much maligned Tettey - & Todd pulled the ball out of the air on at least a couple of times & passed in one sweet move. Some of the Spuds players couldn't trap a bag of cement.

I just wish we could win more often.