Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Tonight is surely the night...

to finally kick on with this recovery from the doldrums? There has not been a better time for any team to play Spurs this season and it is our chance this evening.

A point will do but three would be preferred and of course magnificent, putting some much needed pressure on others. Failure, and we limp along again for a few weeks reducing our chances significantly. Duda to excel, Pukki to rampage and Cantwell to demonstrate his skills!

Preying to the VAR gods as we speak. 

Let's just keep them out for 35 or 40 minutes, at which point the Spurs fans will turn, as they always do.

18 minutes ago, East Rider said:

to finally kick on with this recovery from the doldrums? There has not been a better time for any team to play Spurs this season and it is our chance this evening.

A point will do but three would be preferred and of course magnificent, putting some much needed pressure on others. Failure, and we limp along again for a few weeks reducing our chances significantly. Duda to excel, Pukki to rampage and Cantwell to demonstrate his skills!

Preying to the VAR gods as we speak. 

What would you do differently this evening to achieve this different outcome?

42 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Good question. Be as tight as we can for as long as we can, then let the onslaught begin.:classic_cool:

44 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Lucky scarf.

Actually the same one as at Old Trafford, but worn upside down

• Like 1

They barely has a chance second half but still Spurs managed a lucky goal. Typical of us tonight. 

The relegation bird flew weeks ago. We have consistently conceded two goals a game and that will always prove fatal in any league.

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

Lakey will be along soon to tell us that we only need to win 7 of the last 14 to have a chance of staying up. I wonder if he farms flying pigs.

It’s coming any minute now. 

2 minutes ago, Fred Flintstone said:

We are indeed relegated but who from the board will do the honourable thing and fall on their sword 

That never happens unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Fred Flintstone said:

We are indeed relegated but who from the board will do the honourable thing and fall on their sword 

Why should they? This was always on the cards. We went with what we had and were a bit unlucky with key injuries but this was always the likely outcome.

I'm disappointed but not surprised.

4 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Lakey will be along soon to tell us that we only need to win 7 of the last 14 to have a chance of staying up.

Would be better than most of the toy throwing out of pram posts if I did.

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Spurs were there for the taking tonight but we didn’t keep the ball and we fluffed our chances. That’s why we’re rock bottom.

Succinct, spot on and sadly predictable after the first few fluffed passes and unforced errors.

Could and should do much, much better. 

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Again it's those fine margins.  We were all over Spurs in the second half and they fluked a goal with that deflection.

Nothing to do with the manager's failure to take control and change things then. Farke was poor tonight and not for the first time recently

Edited by Making Plans

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Again it's those fine margins.  We were all over Spurs in the second half and they fluked a goal with that deflection.

Exactly Lakey and for about the 10th time this season. If only we were in ‘ The If only we took our chances league ‘

If we win at Newcastle, that leaves us with just the tiniest squeak of a chance of staying up. But looking at pattern recognition, I just don't see where that run of results is going to come from; we're committed to our style of football, and we're just not quite good enough to execute it effectively at this level. We've learnt nothing new tonight.

This time next year we will top 2, and if we're not I will not I will want to know why, after the half arsed penny pinching attempt at avoiding the drop this season.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That never happens unfortunately.

Nah the board are too busy enjoying the perks of the premiership and not having to pay hand and fist for that privilege......and no doubt, the hierarchy will still have the same perks when we're back down in the Championship....."Yom yom slurp guzzle chomp" "I say, can I have a window seat as I do so want to see London from the air at night and wave down to the peasants?".....'belch, burp....fart'.....'s'lovely'......

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Nah the board are too busy enjoying the perks of the premiership and not having to pay hand and fist for that privilege......and no doubt, the hierarchy will still have the same perks when we're back down in the Championship....."Yom yom slurp guzzle chomp" "I say, can I have a window seat as I do so want to see London from the air at night and wave down to the peasants?".....'belch, burp....fart'.....'s'lovely'......

Then add in all of their perks over every season and minus that off the net figure they have in the club and u'd be surprised. What is the price of a directors box seat for a season?

26 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The relegation bird flew weeks ago. We have consistently conceded two goals a game and that will always prove fatal in any league.

Because our defence wasn't good enough in the championship and is nowhere near good enough for premiership. But we're back to prudence with ambition!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we win at Newcastle, that leaves us with just the tiniest squeak of a chance of staying up. 

You need to forget about this and just enjoy what is left of the season. We are exactly where we deserve to be thanks to not upgrading a very average defence.

Time for planning a promotion push next year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You need to forget about this and just enjoy what is left of the season. We are exactly where we deserve to be thanks to not upgrading a very average defence.

Time for planning a promotion push next year.

Not this twaddle again. Its becoming a pinkun forum myth. 

Godfrey, one of the best young centre backs we have had, and could go for 30 million. 

Ditto Aarons. 

Lewis a quality young left back. 

Bryam, a quality and versatile back up. 

Zimmerman, whose performance last year earned him the admiration of everyone. 

Yest somehow they are suddenly all weak and should have been upgraded. 

How? 

By who? 

For how much? 

It's piffle. 

The truth is we didn't upgrade our midfield. 

Tettey and an attacking midfielder in McLean shoehorned in vs spurs is ridiculous. 

Our attacking midfielders. Only buendia anywhere near the quality. 

Please drop this rubbish about upgrading the defence. This season, in every single effing game, we have list due to the midfield not holding the ball, losing possession, not tracking back, and not winning the midfield battle. 

14 games to get 23 points and we've only got 17 all season. It's over. 2 of last 3 games of the season are away to Chelsea and Man City with Leicester, Liverpool and Arsenal also to play. So realistically 23 from 9. 

25 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If we win at Newcastle, that leaves us with just the tiniest squeak of a chance of staying up. But looking at pattern recognition, I just don't see where that run of results is going to come from; we're committed to our style of football, and we're just not quite good enough to execute it effectively at this level. We've learnt nothing new tonight.

A win at Newcastle would still probably be pointless. Boring to keep looking at the next game and hoping that will be the catalyst to go on a run.

It just isn’t happening this season and 95% on here now accept that.