king canary

New Labour Leader

On 14/04/2020 at 11:51, Rock The Boat said:

And look who's bringing it up, KG. It is the Corbynites stirring up a hornet:s nest by naming individuals in the hope that they will receive some 'selective treatment'. It's forcing Starmer to deal with something where there are much higher priorities right now. It's juvenile behaviour but those Momentum guys will fight tooth and nail to prevent Labour moving back to the centre ground

You seem scared ... I would be given Kier Stamer reversing the negative Corbyn leader ratings in one week and the ongoing debacle of this government's pandemic performance... 

Labour at the moment seem to think all they have to do is wait and then unleash some kind of power from behind the throne. It's true that governments lose after the public just gets sick of them, but you need to actually make the effort to not seem too radical otherwise they see right through you. 

• Like 1

Labour at the moment seem to think all they have to do is wait and then unleash some kind of power from behind the throne. It's true that governments lose after the public just gets sick of them, but you need to actually make the effort to not seem too radical otherwise they see right through you. 

It is going to take at least another Parliament for Labour to make any dent in the Tory majority. If they want to wait another ten years then it will probably be handed on a plate to them if history is correct.

Starmer cannot do a thing at the moment. At local level, everything is done online which just doesn't make up for a meeting where emotion is the key to expressing views. However, I expect the spin doctors are telling him he has to look and sound like an opposition leader.

22 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

You seem scared ... I would be given Kier Stamer reversing the negative Corbyn leader ratings in one week and the ongoing debacle of this government's pandemic performance... 

The Opinium poll suggests that hasn't happened. Today I see Len McClustky piling in, in support of the Corbynites in the party. That means Starmer is now up against Labour activists and Labour financiers. 

I have a 32 year old daughter who, much to my disappointment, has never taken any interest in politics. That is until I told her that the author of the Bridget Jones films based the Colin Firth character on her friend Keir Starmer. Having fact checked this she has promised to vote Labour. Scary isn't it? 

I have a 32 year old daughter who, much to my disappointment, has never taken any interest in politics. That is until I told her that the author of the Bridget Jones films based the Colin Firth character on her friend Keir Starmer. Having fact checked this she has promised to vote Labour. Scary isn't it? 

But if she was undecided, maybe that tipped the balance:classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

But if she was undecided, maybe that tipped the balance:classic_biggrin:

Don't tell whatever you do but apparently this is an urban myth that Helen Fielding denies privately.:classic_biggrin:

I guess we will never know if George MacDonald Fraser based Flashman on Johnson

Starmer doing a good job at his first PMQ as leader, what a waste the Corbyn years were!

• Sad 1

1st one down and it was refreshing. No open goals missed, no irrelevant questions and no letters from Mrs Trellis. Good one Mr Starmer.

The reports I've read say "boring, clinical and forensic" which will provide a challenge for this government.

Forensic is what you need when a government's excuses are normally paper thin. A lot of the stuff we were being told over the last few years would have fallen apart quickly under much stronger questioning. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Forensic is what you need when a government's excuses are normally paper thin. A lot of the stuff we were being told over the last few years would have fallen apart quickly under much stronger questioning. 

I like his measured approach, it’s going to be a stark contrast to BJ and over time is going to appeal to more and more people imo. The key for him is to maintain control of his party and keep the nutters locked away, that’s a big ask cos they haven’t gone away, but I wish him well. 

Edited by Van wink

39 minutes ago, king canary said:

Important to remember that 95% of the general public pay little or no attention to PMQ's

True, but this is just only an example. Raab didn't like it, because Starmer skewered him on several points. Starmer also put him on notice that he expected Raab to be able to produce the figures of care worker deaths next week. He is already driving a weak government's behaviours. As with calling out the exit plan, or lack of one. There was no plan, and no intention of developing one but now the government is scrabbling round trying to develop one.

Good work, more to come.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I like his measured approach, it’s going to be a stark contrast to BJ and over time is going to appeal to more and more people imo. The key for him is to maintain control of his party and keep the nutters locked away, that’s a big ask cos they haven’t gone away, but I wish him well. 

The nutters are in full view @Van wink, they sit in the cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing Patel in court

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

True, but this is just only an example. Raab didn't like it, because Starmer skewered him on several points. Starmer also put him on notice that he expected Raab to be able to produce the figures of care worker deaths next week. He is already driving a weak government's behaviours. As with calling out the exit plan, or lack of one. There was no plan, and no intention of developing one but now the government is scrabbling round trying to develop one.

Good work, more to come.

Yeah, I agree he was impressive. I just think people who are quite into politics have a habit of overstating the importance of things like PMQ's have on the wider voting public. 

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

The nutters are in full view @Van wink, they sit in the cabinet.

Looking forward to seeing Patel in court

Good luck with that, she may be on the list behind Blair

2 hours ago, Van wink said:

Good luck with that, she may be on the list behind Blair

Papers filed Monday, full disclosure now required from Home Office.

The game is afoot.

13 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The game is afoot.

Is this an application to the Employment Tribunal? When was it made, do you know?

Edited by Van wink

I am afraid the only Government Minister who has taken the briefings and has performed as expected is Gove. Slimy, snakey back stabbing Gove.

Patel tried to act human but it didn't fool anyone. That is why is she hasn't been on since. That is why Truss hasn't been seen either. And Raab, Hancock, Sharma and Williamson just don't have the oomph. It isn't difficult to see why Boris git the gig.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Thanks. Yes it appears to be an application to the Employment Tribunal. Tribunals generally aren't sitting at the moment but some urgent cases are being dealt with on papers or by video link. I would be surprised if even Directions have been issued at this point but yes, as you said, disclosure will be required in accordance with Directions.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

Thanks. Yes it appears to be an application to the Employment Tribunal. Tribunals generally aren't sitting at the moment but some urgent cases are being dealt with on papers or by video link. I would be surprised if even Directions have been issued at this point but yes, as you said, disclosure will be required in accordance with Directions.

There is no hurry, better to get the Corona virus situation under control first. Good to do this when it has the full glare of publicity on it. At least she knows it is coming, as does Johnson. She has been sacked as a minister once, the second occurance is now only a matter of time.

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

There is no hurry, better to get the Corona virus situation under control first. Good to do this when it has the full glare of publicity on it. At least she knows it is coming, as does Johnson. She has been sacked as a minister once, the second occurance is now only a matter of time.

I very much doubt that she is too concerned, even though perhaps she should be.

On 23/04/2020 at 13:22, BigFish said:

The game is afoot.

The civil service is just about to kick themselves in the b*****X!!

Just one look at Rutner and you know he's a wrong un !

Priti is our girl you racist barsteward!!! 😉

As for for Keir , well I'm afraid he wasn't the one.

His front bench is appalling, hope he's got some good substitutes as I can already see you crying into your beer in 2025😂

Edited by Bagster

Priti is our girl you racist barsteward!!!

Funny, I thought she was English. Or is it you inventing something that didn't occur to us?

On 23/04/2020 at 19:32, BigFish said:

How did the tribunal go?

In the file cabinet with the Russian, Arcuri, Vote Leave and other sundry reports.