Jump to content
king canary

New Labour Leader

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It did indeed, never thought it would happen again but hey ho, no accounting for the clowns that backed Corbyn. The worst ones are those that were around in the 80’ s, saw what it did to the Party,  yet still went along with or actively encouraged  the same thing again. They should hang their head in shame and clear off to the obscurity of British politics where they deserve to be. Undoubtedly many will hang around like a bad smell hiding under the cover of the Party waiting to spring another hijack and set things back another  20 years. What a bunch of ....... they are. 
Wouldn’t you agree horsefly?

Tbh VW, the way whoresfly has rushed on here to respond to every single post with a deflection comment suggests to me that he is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Tbh VW, the way whoresfly has rushed on here to respond to every single post with a deflection comment suggests to me that he is one of them.

Horse-fly’s are generally found around the rear end of large mammals sucking blood from their hosts, well the female ones are anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It did indeed, never thought it would happen again but hey ho, no accounting for the clowns that backed Corbyn. The worst ones are those that were around in the 80’ s, saw what it did to the Party,  yet still went along with or actively encouraged  the same thing again. They should hang their head in shame and clear off to the obscurity of British politics where they deserve to be. Undoubtedly many will hang around like a bad smell hiding under the cover of the Party waiting to spring another hijack and set things back another  20 years. What a bunch of ....... they are. 
Wouldn’t you agree horsefly?

Absolutely! I think the far left actually prefer being out of power in order to preserve their evangelical purity. Whatever one thinks of Blair and Brown they did at least put a huge amount of resources into the NHS and education and had a genuinely positive effect on the lives of a lot of working people.

I think Starmer will have learned the lessons of the eighties and turn it around quicker this time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Tbh VW, the way whoresfly has rushed on here to respond to every single post with a deflection comment suggests to me that he is one of them.

You really are a f**kwit. JUST READ evertything I've said about Corbyn, I despise the man as is very clear. Do at least try to show some level of comprehension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, king canary said:

Membership is far less important than votes, something too many Labour members have a habit of forgetting.

It likely won't be pretty but I'd be more than happy for Corbyn to go off and set up his own party and take his fans with him. 

Yes. The point is that Starmer wants to win and exercise power and that means attracting centrist voters. He's already looking like a winner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Christ alive! And Horseflee somehow has the gall to go around labelling anyone who disagrees with his Marxist views thick...

And Nandy is supposed to be one of the clever ones.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes. The point is that Starmer wants to win and exercise power and that means attracting centrist voters. He's already looking like a winner.

A winner with no party behind him, perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jools said:

 

Christ alive! And Horseflee somehow has the gall to go around labelling anyone who disagrees with his Marxist views thick...

And Nandy is supposed to be one of the clever ones.

 

 

Is that the best you've got Scrounger? Jesus! you're struggling to find something bad if that's all you can come up with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

A winner with no party behind him, perhaps?

Yeah! just likeTony Blair had no party behind him in the 90s because according to you the Labour Party had been turned over completely to the left wing as all the right leaning members had left. Dimwit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The irrelevant party? **** them. We needed their help to stop brexit and the blukip. We now have both with spades on. They failed the country immensely and the sooner they are in the dustbin of political history the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Herman said:

The irrelevant party? **** them. We needed their help to stop brexit and the blukip. We now have both with spades on. They failed the country immensely and the sooner they are in the dustbin of political history the better. 

They have a lot of support, and a lot of money.

if they split, and take the unions with them, who finances Kier and the boiz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The returnees will fill the void left by momentum and mccluskey. Don't worry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Herman said:

The returnees will fill the void left by momentum and mccluskey. Don't worry. 

You need a calculator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I just see the start of the death of populism. Left and right. And it is relieving. Let's hope trump is the next to be put in the dustbin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Herman said:

The irrelevant party? **** them. We needed their help to stop brexit  

Corbyn was pro Brexit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I does show how complex things are, those backing the far left because of a perception that they are anti Brexit whilst at the same time their rise in the Labour Party was ultimately destroying its electoral chances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

Sums up brexit really then doesn't it?? 

I think it shows Labour under Corbyn went AWOL on many things and how unfit or unthoughtful he was for the job even given his left politics. He should of stayed silent or better accepted gracefully the report - perhaps said with hindsight he wished he had of done more, much more and things differently but offer hs full support to the new leader to do a better job.

It also amazes how vehement the RWNJs are on here about Starmer's action. They can obviously see the writing on the wall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The biggest shame of all this is how such an important issue has become a political football.

I have no doubt many on the right wing dont really care much about anti semitism but will claim to while it hurts their opponents. Similarly those on the left who's first reaction is 'yeah but what about Tory racism?' show a lack of understanding. 

Nobody in the British political establishment is whiter than white on issues of discrimination and all are more than happy to use it to score points with limited interest in the core issue.

I reserve my respect and credit for the people on the left who stood up and were counted on this issue, just as if/when I reckoning happens for the Tory party and its islamophobia credit will be due to people like Sayeeda Warsi rather than the left wing whatabouters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think it shows Labour under Corbyn went AWOL on many things and how unfit or unthoughtful he was for the job even given his left politics. He should of stayed silent or better accepted gracefully the report - perhaps said with hindsight he wished he had of done more, much more and things differently but offer hs full support to the new leader to do a better job.

It also amazes how vehement the RWNJs are on here about Starmer's action. They can obviously see the writing on the wall.

There'll be howling from the far left as they are pushed further back to the fringes. There'll be howling from the right as they realise that Starmer is making sure Labour are electable again. 

I was excited when corbyn got the leadership those years ago. It didn't turn like I hoped. Bit of an understatement. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Herman said:

No, I just see the start of the death of populism. Left and right. And it is relieving. Let's hope trump is the next to be put in the dustbin. 

Those records  new labour memberships, why did they join up in the last few years again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Herman said:

There'll be howling from the far left as they are pushed further back to the fringes. There'll be howling from the right as they realise that Starmer is making sure Labour are electable again. 

I was excited when corbyn got the leadership those years ago. It didn't turn like I hoped. Bit of an understatement. 😃

Imagine getting duped by an antisemetic party durrrrr well done, genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies for dragging this thread down. I'll stop feeding the troll. 

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starmer will have to answer the question why did he support Corbyn for so long? Why did he sit on the front bench beside Corbyn for all those years even when Labour were carrying out their sham investigation under Chakrabati?  

It shows his true colours as a politician without principal, happy to hitch his wagon to whichever cause will drag him to power. 

The former Labour voters remember Starmer as the DPP who covered up the grooming gang scandal as they were perpetrated by the wrong sort of criminal so there will be no support for this smooth-talking politician from the northern working classes. 

The unions will follow Corbyn as will the Labour party members. Starmer and Labour are a busted flush this morning. 

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Starmer will have to answer the question why did he support Corbyn for so long? Why did he sit on the front bench beside Corbyn for all those years even when Labour were carrying out their sham investigation under Chakrabati?  

It shows his true colours as a politician without principal, happy to hitch his wagon to whichever cause will drag him to power. 

The former Labour voters remember Starmer as the DPP who covered up the grooming gang scandal as they were perpetrated by the wrong sort of criminal so there will be no support for this smooth-talking politician from the northern working classes. 

The unions will follow Corbyn as will the Labour party members. Starmer and Labour are a busted flush this morning. 

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind. 

Just because you want this to be true, doesn't make it true.

Polling suggests voters of all stripes see suspending Corbyn as the right decision. The idea that suspending a man people like you have painted as a huge liability will suddenly be the death of the party doesn't stand up to the remotest scrutiny. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just because you want this to be true, doesn't make it true.

Polling suggests voters of all stripes see suspending Corbyn as the right decision. The idea that suspending a man people like you have painted as a huge liability will suddenly be the death of the party doesn't stand up to the remotest scrutiny. 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2020/10/29/most-britons-think-labour-was-right-suspend-jeremy?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=website_article&utm_campaign=snap_corbyn_suspension_poll

Here's the polling.

Interesting that Lib Dem supporters think Starmer is doing a good job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Just because you want this to be true, doesn't make it true.

Polling suggests voters of all stripes see suspending Corbyn as the right decision. The idea that suspending a man people like you have painted as a huge liability will suddenly be the death of the party doesn't stand up to the remotest scrutiny. 

His suspension won't be the death of the Labour party. What will kill it is the party will die from lack of funding if the left carry out their threat to form a new party as they will take the fee paying members and the union members with them. 

Starmer will be left with a party that may be more electable but with funding at the level of the LibDems. 

If the left do not break away but stay in the Labour party then expect the cycle to repeat over the next 20-30 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

His suspension won't be the death of the Labour party. What will kill it is the party will die from lack of funding if the left carry out their threat to form a new party as they will take the fee paying members and the union members with them. 

Starmer will be left with a party that may be more electable but with funding at the level of the LibDems. 

If the left do not break away but stay in the Labour party then expect the cycle to repeat over the next 20-30 years. 

I expect they'll start playing tennis with rich Russians.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...